• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
    What is a "cell" ?
    Originally posted by Watcha View Post
    battery?
    ya cell = battery. bro samgmt just went to replace battery for his oysterquartz only.
    累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

New sub with Ceramic bezel

hi,

I would like to find out more on the ceramic bezel sub. Besides the bezel change anything else change?
      Anyone knows how it cost?

Thanks
      salvato

Current
      116610 V Sub

Wish List
      Daytona 116519 WG meteorite
      GMT iic full gold jade dial
      AP Bumble bee

Comment

I believe if you do a search here, you may be able to find your answers.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ceramic bezel, maxi dial, newer clasp design, new watch case with wider lugs.

Not exactly sure about the cost. But you have to pay about $2k to $3k more than retailed price if I am not wrong for extra premium. Hope this helps.

Comment

rolex 116234

hi salvato, is ur rolex 116234 still for sale? can sms me at 98381515 alvin. thanks! =D

Comment

Originally posted by salvato View Post
              hi,

I would like to find out more on the ceramic bezel sub. Besides the bezel change anything else change?
              Anyone knows how it cost?

Thanks
              Well the main difference for me is the huge price hike over the 16610.Yes the ceramic insert may look nice but it functions the same as the aluminium one.But if the ceramic inserts gets damaged then expect around $1000 US to replace it.The new block case myself not a huge fan still rated the same as the old one so no advantage there.The new clasp could prove to be a improvement over the old clasp.But with so many moving parts on the new clasp only time will tell on that one ask again in 5-10 years time of testing.While the maxi type dial is nice,myself prefer the vintage type of maxi dial with no gold surrounds.

Now the movement the cal 3135 basically not changed since introduction in 1988/9.Sure now it has the in-house escapement parts,but thats mainly down to the Swatch group cutting off supplies of escapement parts to those outside the Swatch group.Nivarox now part of the Swatch group and the main supplier of escapement parts to all of the Swiss watch industry Rolex included for the past 4 decades.So the new 116610 sub in mainly just cosmetically changed over the 16610 thats basically what Rolex has been doing for the past 40 years. All Rolex watches are now chronometers and pass the same test to be called chronometers no matter whats in the case .

Comment

To me, the clasp of the latest Sub-C is overdesigned with too many groves and moving components. As a diving watch which is supposed to expose to harsh environment like seawater, sand, dust, etc, I wonder if the new clasp can be as functional, convenient and long-lasting than the older simple clasp. I guess only time will tell... Of course the clasp will not be an issue if you are not going to use the watch as it's originally designed for (which is the case for most people ).

Another reservation I have is on the new ceramic bezel. It is well-made, shiny, hard and smooth, but it could crack if accidentally knocked by hard object at the right angle and pressure, and it is very very expensive to replace. Other than that, I find the new case design rather appealing especially for people with bigger wrist. The eligibility, functionality and finishing of the watch are also top-notch as always, which exude a higher, different class that other brands can hardly match.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                  Ceramic bezel, maxi dial, newer clasp design, new watch case with wider lugs.

Not exactly sure about the cost. But you have to pay about $2k to $3k more than retailed price if I am not wrong for extra premium. Hope this helps.
                  not forgetting the new blue lume.
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I thought battery replacement for oysterquartz free?

Comment

• This is actaully funny. Since like most people dun know that by sending your watch to the ASC for three or four time, you could actually get another watch at the original price you paid for but you can never get the same model as you can never get up with inflation set by the watch company. To solve most of your problem, just wear your watch and be rugged with it. What the point of buying a watch and scare of scratches or etc. If you buy something like the swiss trinity touby or PC, then maybe you put in your closet and lock it up unitl the price shoot up. Anyway you got money to buy a rolex or a few rolexes so what is the servicing fees to you. hahahha
                      sigpic

Comment

• Rolex Service Centre is the best possible service HOWEVER they are expensive. You really should have contacted a few independant watchmakers.... then decided.

Rolex does do an amazing job however very $$$$$

Rolex SC will not do anything if the watch is slightly changed ie aftermarket dial/diamonds or bezel.

Experienced watch collectors DO NOT use RSC! That is a rookie mistake!

Professional collector only use RSC if parts not available elsewhere or for very special watch.

Comment

• I don't visit the RSC, it cost to much for servicing and buffering, i only paid $250.00 to a ............................... for my rare explorer II P series SWISS T < 25 to get the job done, and the after product is as new.

Comment

• any gd service technician to recommend? can text to 91733323 if nt convenient to post

Comment

• Ceramic Bezel Durability

Hello,

Anyone got chip or scratch their ceramic bezel before? I have seen quite a few scratch, chipped ceramic bezel in some 2nd hand watch store.

this is especially so with DSSD, (perhaps of the huge size?). In fact, I saw 3 DSSD with scratches/chipped in a single store.

Looks like aluminium bezel is more practical, even scratch is much cheaper to replace? rolex adv still say virtually scratch proof.

Comment

• mine no scratches nor dings on the bezel. Sub-C not DSSD.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X