Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please - GMT II or Explorer II or Sub as a gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily use - he uses an Orient watch.

Dress watch is the basic range of IWC - cannot remember the model though.

But i know he likes looking at Rolex watches through the expensive windows of ADs that's why I'm thinking of getting him one now.

Btw, I am making a trip to HK next Sun. Does anyone know whether it's better value for money to purchase Rolex in HK? And if so, please share with me the dealer's name and salesperson? I promise to buy you some old wife's biscuits on the way back if I secure a good deal from him/her.

Originally posted by hacky View Post
    what watch is he wearing NOW?

Comment

think again as if he gets poisoned........

usually wedding can break even or earn. if majority of guests is friends compared to relatives, then will break even or earn. if otherwise, likely to lose as amount given does not tally with people who turn up.

legs will not be tired lah...coz lucky plaza already have 3 AD. should be ok. more liikely thirsty is the case. if you need my help or assistance, can pm me for my regular AD.

Originally posted by Sugar View Post
      Thanks lots. Now I will take up that suggestion to introduce him to the forum. Haha. But i think him getting me a nice watch is more like a few years down the road since he's spending so much for the wedding!

Think my legs will be quite tired next week from running around.

I really do like the GMT II 116710 but the list price that i read in this column indicates that it costs $9599? What would be a good price to buy this watch for? I know that for some models, the only AD i went to said that there's either no discount, or it's selling way above the recommended retail price.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Don't dare to think about breaking even, much less earning.

The killer actually comes from the bling bling..... Hee. Love it! but expensive.

And thanks very much Triton, i've PMed you already.

Thirsty....now I can understand why....the more i look at the watches, the more i like it!!! My personal fav used to be the very thin Cellini. But now, i like the sporty models better. Hee.

Originally posted by triton View Post
        think again as if he gets poisoned........

usually wedding can break even or earn. if majority of guests is friends compared to relatives, then will break even or earn. if otherwise, likely to lose as amount given does not tally with people who turn up.

legs will not be tired lah...coz lucky plaza already have 3 AD. should be ok. more liikely thirsty is the case. if you need my help or assistance, can pm me for my regular AD.

Comment

if you need help in bling bling, can always discuss privately as well. my wife goes to lee hwa and i know the manager of one of the outlets as well. also one of our forum member here will be in a fantastic position. provided that forum member msg you. you know who u r. i shall not reveal too much due to privacy act.

Don't dare to think about breaking even, much less earning.

The killer actually comes from the bling bling..... Hee. Love it! but expensive.

And thanks very much Triton, i've PMed you already.

Thirsty....now I can understand why....the more i look at the watches, the more i like it!!! My personal fav used to be the very thin Cellini. But now, i like the sporty models better. Hee.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I really do like the GMT II 116710 but the list price that i read in this column indicates that it costs $9599? What would be a good price to buy this watch for? I know that for some models, the only AD i went to said that there's either no discount, or it's selling way above the recommended retail price.
            If you want to buy from ADs...at 9599 is a pretty gd price. If you dun mind getting a BNIB you can get at around 9.1k

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks Darkangel. I shall go look around to see if there any such deals. Don't see anyone selling this model in this forum for now. The only one i saw was the GMT II 16710 for 9.5k!

Price is *gulp*, but i guess if the 116710 is really nice up close and personal (I've only seen it in pics!), i may end up getting this for him.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              If you want to buy from ADs...at 9599 is a pretty gd price. If you dun mind getting a BNIB you can get at around 9.1k

Comment

your husband to be is a very very lucky guy indeed...

whatever your choice good luck to you... although i would be leaning towards the GMT Master as my choice if i were you...simple reasons... it looks good and has 2nd time zone which u can use....you dont need all those water resistant...imho..

Comment

as it is meant to be a gift, whichever model you choose should not matter. Afterall, your choices are all sports models which does holds value pretty well. Having said that, i like the GMT II C too

Comment

Thanks Darkangel. I shall go look around to see if there any such deals. Don't see anyone selling this model in this forum for now. The only one i saw was the GMT II 16710 for 9.5k!

Price is *gulp*, but i guess if the 116710 is really nice up close and personal (I've only seen it in pics!), i may end up getting this for him.
                    Hahaha...I saw it myself...very nice

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    if you need help in bling bling, can always discuss privately as well. my wife goes to lee hwa and i know the manager of one of the outlets as well. also one of our forum member here will be in a fantastic position. provided that forum member msg you. you know who u r. i shall not reveal too much due to privacy act.
                    Hehehe... our mystery member..PMed ?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I kenna taken as a carrot today....went to all 3 ADs at Lucky Plaza. One uncle didn't even bother looking at me. Said that all sports models for Rolex no discount. Not even for the Explorer II.

Only 1 shop offered me a more 'sincere' price but i believe it can still do better. Still abt $400 more ex than the "good price" that's recommended in this forum.

Sigh.

Comment

Nt to fret. Thre r many willing members here to help intro their close contacts/ADs. Jus ask te right person(s).
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Very interesting topic to read on...

My advise is to buy any of the 3 listed model, then save money for the next two, eventually you have all the 3...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Go Sub

Dear,
                            If you will buy one and only one, make it THE Sub.
                            No regrets. Only happiness.
                            Good luck and great wedding!

Comment

Sub a bit plain when compare to GMT 2C, which it very outstanding and attractive. My first Rolex is GMT 2, then a Daytona, .....

So GMT 2c won't go wrong...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                              SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the help and advice!

I've eventually gotten the Black Sub with date from overseas. Still like the GMT IIc but aargh, no stock at all in that city. Maybe next time....

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X