Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good time to make a purchase or should I wait out til after CNY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crayon View Post
    btw anyone been to Mustafa Shoppin Centre to see see look look? heard my fren sayin der're offering a discount of up to 30%..anyone can verify??
    Mustafa ain't got no Rollie for sale there...
    --------------------
    My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
    Pam 351M
    Rolex 216570
    Rolex 16610
    Rolex 6694
    Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
    Sinn U1 Black

Comment

Hi friends in SG. How is the current market for Rolex (and luxury watches in general) over there? Have prices and demand plummeted as some predicted they would after CNY or was it just wishful thinking? Would be interesting to hear your comments!

Grey dealer prices in HK have remained steady for watches like the SS Daytona but pretty much everything else has come down (eg. Zenith, PP, AP, PAM) and availability for some watches that were almost impossible to find before are popping up. I saw 3 brand new PAM 233s yesterday and 1 white dial Daytona but sorry, not in an AD. I still strongly believe that there will be a fat chance of ever seeing one in HK AD but I would like to be proven wrong.

The watch shops in HK are still packed with our bros from the mainland. Doesn't seem to be any signs of demand fading yet...
      I guess 1.3 billion population really does make a difference!

Have not seen any official Rolex price hikes yet but I hear they are coming soon.... shall keep everyone posted.

Comment

Hi and tx for sharing. The situation here has been pretty much the same except that prices for certain ROLEX models have come down. More significantly are the Sub LV and GMT 2c.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Hi and tx for sharing. The situation here has been pretty much the same except that prices for certain ROLEX models have come down. More significantly are the Sub LV and GMT 2c.
          Tell me about it! I guess that is why I see the GMT IIc on so many wrists in HK lately!

Comment

Hi guys, I'm searching for some answers, hopefully you guys can help. I'm looking for a Rolex men's watch for my dad (see below image). Understand that this model is a vintage type, and most of them are in mint condition. May I know which authorized shops, or second-hand shops that can offer me a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Take a walk around Chinatown; People's Park Complex/Centre, Chinatown Point, etc. You'll be amazed at the extensive range of pre-own ROLEXes on sale. Also got brand new ones. Whether those shops offer good prices is subjective, depending on how you are paying and how good you are at bargaining. I heard there's one Koh Watches you may try. There's also one Peng Kwee that you "may not" try. Why? Simply because their prices are unreasonably high.

Gd luck in yr hunt!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

PK got many hot babes though..make the watch buying experience a good 1...u walk out nose bleeding and wallet empty...hahaha....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Take a walk around Chinatown; People's Park Complex/Centre, Chinatown Point, etc. You'll be amazed at the extensive range of pre-own ROLEXes on sale. Also got brand new ones. Whether those shops offer good prices is subjective, depending on how you are paying and how good you are at bargaining. I heard there's one Koh Watches you may try. There's also one Peng Kwee that you "may not" try. Why? Simply because their prices are unreasonably high.

Gd luck in yr hunt!
                  Thanks, Oceanklassik for replying. I saw some post mention 22% - 25% discount. So if I see the price tag on the watch, it's before discount? Or I need to ask the salesperson for a discount upfront?

Comment

Those "22-25% discount" you saw was likely referred to brand new pieces you buy from the ADs (authorised dealers). I'm not too sure about prices in the resale market. YES, the price tag you see is definitely before discount and YES, you need to bargain with the sales person for bigger discount (if discount given does not meet "market" rate ).
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Gd luck in yr hunt!
                      what bro Oceanklassik mention is very true...PK has price that's unreasonably high...and you should definetely avoid this shop at PPC...on the right of OSIM...i think it's crown something,not very sure, a one man show i think...super "F" up attitude...if i wasn't in control of my temper...would have him and walk out...what is he thinking man...

Comment

Those "22-25% discount" you saw was likely referred to brand new pieces you buy from the ADs (authorised dealers). I'm not too sure about prices in the resale market. YES, the price tag you see is definitely before discount and YES, you need to bargain with the sales person for bigger discount (if discount given does not meet "market" rate ).
                        Thanks for answering my doubts. I shall make a trip down to chinatown area to find out the price before committing.

Comment

wow..relax...dun get violent...esp in public...

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy View Post
                            what bro Oceanklassik mention is very true...PK has price that's unreasonably high...and you should definetely avoid this shop at PPC...on the right of OSIM...i think it's crown something,not very sure, a one man show i think...super "F" up attitude...if i wasn't in control of my temper...would have him and walk out...what is he thinking man...
                            No wonder called "hellboy".. Got 'burning temper. Steady, steady.. We buy watch must be happy. Not happy, don't buy. No need to lose temper over this. Only prob you'll have is losing sleep (can't wait to get that pc you want).

Cheers!
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

X2....hahaha...agonising to wait for the watch...been thru that phase...hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                X2....hahaha...agonising to wait for the watch...been thru that phase...hahahaha
                                Wah.. I'm still going thru that phase. No money to buy. Only can drool and lose sleep..
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X