Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good time to make a purchase or should I wait out til after CNY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good time to make a purchase or should I wait out til after CNY?

Is it true that ADs would usually be open for more discount 25% at least on DJ TT watches after February? Was thinking of getting my watch now than waiting after CNY?

What do you guys think?

I am not too sure about the discount details but it has always been this case that the 'buying fever' always subsides after a festive season. This seems to be the retail culture so in order to maintain sales, most retailers will come out with attractive packages. Yes, for better bargaining power or for more competitive prices, do your shopping after CNY.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yeah I tried to search on the forums here for the usual max discount given for this line DJ TT Pinkrose gold with roman dial, the best is 22% I was given. Tried to push for 23% , the AD wouldnt budge at all. If the usual discount is 22% max, then it wouldnt matter if its after the festive season? Im not sure, how much power I have after CNY man.

Comment

for me i wait til mid of 2009 then go and buy...now monitor the economy 1st..no use having a swee swee watch on wrist yet nose deep in debts...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes the common discount at max is 22%. Like I've mentioned, you'll have better bargaining power to make a purchase after CNY, as compared to now. Let me share a personal experience:

Few friends and I were 'hunting' for the SD/Sub/GMT between Aug-Nov period. Discounts given were at their usual maximums 5%-15%. Some plunged while some delayed. Mistake! When Dec came and near to X'mas/NY, all discounts were taken out and the watches went on list price. No use begging also because it was the 'buying fever'. One/two took the desperate plunge while the balance few again, delayed. After that, the discounts came back.

Advice is, if there's no hurry for you to buy, why buy now? Unless of course, it is a rare model. The choice is still yours, man.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just have to bear with the itch to pull the trigger though the watch may be in your mind all day or maybe into the late nights. Many people have been saying that pricing would cool off after CNY. Let's hope so

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              for me i wait til mid of 2009 then go and buy...now monitor the economy 1st..no use having a swee swee watch on wrist yet nose deep in debts...
              Agree with bro feilong108 ... personally, I would monitor the economy and get in later ...
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Thanks for the advice Erm, I have already got the cash to purchase the watch. Its just a matter of whether its a 22% discount or 25% discount. I mean now its festive period, they could give me max, haha maybe if i hold on til then, they can give 25%!

Comment

Possible.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Its plain to see you can't really hold on til after CNY.. your messages revealed your anxiety; even have cash ready in your pocket!

Take the plunge bro, the 2-3 weeks headstart owning the jewel is priceless! And that 3% extra discount is only a speculation, maybe, maybe not?

Comment

haha! I bet most of you are like that , its hard to resist the urge! its like an itch that you are trying not to scratch! im not trying to have people here encouraging me to go get it, just want to see what's the general consensus here since most of the experts here have bought a couple of rollies , so they know at best when's the best time to buy!

Comment

Can you tahan not to scratch?

Its definitely good to ask the experts here, i am also a super newbie who asked tonnes of questions but via pm! My advice is prob irrational! haha.. but that's the way it is.. like Darkangel told me - "If you think the price is acceptable, buy!" That was what i needed to hear and i took the plunge.

Prices vary from place to place and time to time, so when is the best time and best place? Grab it when your heart tells u to, my friend.

Oh i assume you have done all that's necessary already? ie. going to ALL ADs to bargain, yeah? This is a MUST! Damn fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BryanK View Post
                          Its definitely good to ask the experts here, i am also a super newbie who asked tonnes of questions but via pm! My advice is prob irrational! haha.. but that's the way it is.. like Darkangel told me - "If you think the price is acceptable, buy!" That was what i needed to hear and i took the plunge.

Prices vary from place to place and time to time, so when is the best time and best place? Grab it when your heart tells u to, my friend.

Oh i assume you have done all that's necessary already? ie. going to ALL ADs to bargain, yeah? This is a MUST! Damn fun!
                          So you've plunged in and no more itch already? What did you get? Where? care to share?

Yes i have went to ALMOST ALL except for 1 which I will be going down maybe later or tomorrow Actually the 'chasing' is the fun part! I think when i finally got it, the thrill is no longer there....

Comment

to me is economy is bad. any extra savings is definitely worth it. all retailers are banging on the fact that people want to buy for CNY so they are quite stiff on discount.

if you are not buying for CNY, then wait lor. as i mentioned before, after this festive period, we will see the rich people.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i will wait, 3% more discount is about $250 to $300 more saving, worth to wait la, unless it is an limited edition.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X