This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lennard00 View Post
    Hi Folks - New owner of a R-series 16233 (passed down from my Dad), and new to everything Rolex.

Been doing some reading up as I want overhaul the 16233 (service, change dials etc). Seems like the general conclusion is to avoid RSC if you don't want to pay a bomb.

Question - Do the 3rd party shops like B**fi***, Ch*** Wa*** etc provide dial changing service? Do we need to get our own dials or do they normally keep stock?

My apologies for the newbie questions, since the 16233 is kinda old (not sure if it falls under vintage despite being 30 years old). I do want to give this guy a new lease of life as a form of remembrance for someone dear.

Thanks!
    Firstly, congratz

For servicing and repair, some shops may have the dial you want. So you just need to work out a deal with the shops. If you can find the dial outside on your own, I'm sure you can pass it to the shop (which you engages) to do it for you.

Good luck and hope to see your 'revived' treasure soon
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i see some watch shops in golden landmark, chinatown selling dials, real or not idk

Comment

• Hi guys just got my first rolex ! its an old gmt master mint condition.

just want to check if there is any other recommended place to authenticate the watch since RSC is not longer doing them ? Just want a peace of mind for my first purchase ;(

Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by xuanzang View Post
          Hi guys just got my first rolex ! its an old gmt master mint condition.

just want to check if there is any other recommended place to authenticate the watch since RSC is not longer doing them ? Just want a peace of mind for my first purchase ;(

Thank you !
          You may consider Top Hour at Lucky Plaza or JWWatch at International Plaza. Not sure if other shops provide this service.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thank you !

First and foremost, it is always a good idea to authenticate the watch BEFORE buying...

I did not know that RSC stopped doing authentications. If you just want to have your own peace of mind, you can go to pretty much any second hand watch dealer/shop and ask them to open the caseback for you. After all, for an "old GMT master" like yours, it is very easy to discriminate fakes. But if you want a paper to prove it is authentic in case you want to resell it later on, then it becomes complicated, as I don't think any of these 2nd hand shops will provide you with an official paper...

So, I suggest you take it to RSC and ask them for a spare link. They will give you a service receipt stating the model, dial, bracelet, serial number, etc (proving it is authentic) and for pretty much the same amount of money (about $100 for an SS bracelet) you will also get a spare link!

Think creatively

Comment

• Hi all.. I would like to check if anyone got experience in buying from maxi cash. I went to check and found a rolex gmt II that I really like. The salesperson claims that all Rolex watches that they buy in has been throughly checked and authenticated by their in house team of "experts" which involves opening up the case to check for the condition as well. They are also giving 2 years warranty for movement and waterproofing. This watch that I want to buy has the box and certificate which is a credit card size and dated 2016. He also claims it's under rolex 5 years international warranty until 2021.

I guess my question here is if maxicash authentication claim is good enough for you all?

Comment

• It is your ultimate call. Do you trust maxi cash watch technician(s)?

if i were to buy from maxi cash, i would bring it to a trusted watch technician to authenticate since RSC does not provide authentication service anymore.

now the next question to you is that maxi cash is unlikely to let you bring the watch out of the shop for authentication without you paying the watch. if you pay for the watch and send it to authenticate, then found that the watch has issues, what are you going to do?

Originally posted by LegacyR View Post
                Hi all.. I would like to check if anyone got experience in buying from maxi cash. I went to check and
                found a rolex gmt II that I really like. The salesperson claims that all Rolex watches that they buy in has been throughly checked and authenticated by their in house team of "experts" which involves opening up the case to check for the condition as well. They are also giving 2 years warranty for movement and waterproofing. This watch that I want to buy has the box and certificate which is a credit card size and dated 2016. He also claims it's under rolex 5 years international warranty until 2021.

I guess my question here is if maxicash authentication claim is good enough for you all?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                  It is your ultimate call. Do you trust maxi cash watch technician(s)?

if i were to buy from maxi cash, i would bring it to a trusted watch technician to authenticate since RSC does not provide authentication service anymore.

now the next question to you is that maxi cash is unlikely to let you bring the watch out of the shop for authentication without you paying the watch. if you pay for the watch and send it to authenticate, then found that the watch has issues, what are you going to do?
                  Hi thank you for your reply.

Well as they are a listed company, I don't think they would risk their reputation for a small amount of money? But still I can't say I'm 100% comfortable with it. You have correctly pointed out that I'm not able to bring the watch out for authentication and this adds to my problems hehe.

Oh well.. I guess the search continues.

Comment

• you are to point out that as a listed company, they won't risk their reputation.

between a preown watch shop and a credit finance (pawn shop) i would choose the former.

Hi thank you for your reply.

Well as they are a listed company, I don't think they would risk their reputation for a small amount of money? But still I can't say I'm 100% comfortable with it. You have correctly pointed out that I'm not able to bring the watch out for authentication and this adds to my problems hehe.

Oh well.. I guess the search continues.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• I went to RSC yesterday to get my bracelet resize as I have grown haha. They took my watch to the technician to add an additional link. But before doing so, they put my watch under a microscope and it appeared on the big monitor. Can I know what they were doing that for? Checking for authencity?

Comment

• maybe they are cataloging the watches that went under RSC for any work. noting down the serial number, movement number etc.

I went to RSC yesterday to get my bracelet resize as I have grown haha. They took my watch to the technician to add an additional link. But before doing so, they put my watch under a microscope and it appeared on the big monitor. Can I know what they were doing that for? Checking for authencity?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by LegacyR View Post
                          I went to RSC yesterday to get my bracelet resize as I have grown haha. They took my watch to the technician to add an additional link. But before doing so, they put my watch under a microscope and it appeared on the big monitor. Can I know what they were doing that for? Checking for authencity?
                          Yes, they will do touch it if not authentic. Let alone adding a link to it!

Comment

• Rolex Servicing

Hi recommendation for service lady date just. Any good shop to recommend and average cost?

Comment

Thank you !

Wouldnt you want to check it before buying it ? since youve bought it already, enjoy your watch!

Comment

Thank you !
                                Can try KB Luxury at Jurong East

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X