This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
    Is it true that Rolex Service Centre no longer accepts verification request? Read it in the sales thread below.

https://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/...s-2015-Sgd8688
    I've read it too in few threads/posts here. I've not personally experienced it though. But likely yes, the service has ceased.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I've read it too in few threads/posts here. I've not personally experienced it though. But likely yes, the service has ceased.
      Thanks for sharing, Bro Oceanklassik!

Comment

• Its true, I was there and RSC staff informed me they stopped the verification service after CNY because they have no time to do verification.

They want to focus on watch servicing only.

I guess they are not interested in earning the $107
        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
        1) WG DIA 18239
        2) YG DIA 18238
        3) WG 18239
        4) YG 18238
        5) YG 18248G Bark
        6) WG DIA 18039
        7) WG 18039
        8) YG 18038
        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
        12) WG 1803
        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
        1)GMT II 116718 18K
        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
        2)D15037 14k
        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
          Its true, I was there and RSC staff informed me they stopped the verification service after CNY because they have no time to do verification.

I guess that might affect the sales of 2nd hand Rolex as some people only trust verification by Rolex Service Centre.

Comment

• No worries, there are a few ex-Rolex technicians and other reputable watch shops we can go to.
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

1)GMT II 116718 18K

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

• maybe RSC's move with eliminating the authentication process is to drive potential buyers to buy new watches from authorized dealers.

Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
              I guess that might affect the sales of 2nd hand Rolex as some people only trust verification by Rolex Service Centre.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                Its true, I was there and RSC staff informed me they stopped the verification service after CNY because they have no time to do verification.

What is $107 to them when they are making bigger profits from servicing ROLEX watches?!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• looking from a business perspective, is it worthwhile to pay a watch technician the X amount of salary just to authenticate a rolex watch.

then again, if one is a rolex technician, would one want to spend all the time just to open and inspect and close a watch?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  What is $107 to them when they are making bigger profits from servicing ROLEX watches?!
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                    looking from a business perspective, is it worthwhile to pay a watch technician the X amount of salary just to authenticate a rolex watch.

then again, if one is a rolex technician, would one want to spend all the time just to open and inspect and close a watch?
                    Whatever you pay a watch technician, he/she has to fulfil his/her duties and responsibilities that the company dictates. It may or not even be directly related to servicing/repairing a watch. If one day the boss decides, even watch technicians have to do sales on rotation basis, they lan-lan have to obey, correct?

Well, this question falls back on the above paragraph. Will a watch technician really bother if his/her salary is a flat monthly wage, with no added incentive to any number of watches serviced or repaired? As long as he/she reports to work on time, carries out his/her duties and responsibities as what a watch technician would do, reports off on time (or later), why should he/she care if he takes a longer to open and inspect and close a watch.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• But like what you said from a business perspective, there is really very little (even no) incentive for the company to provide watch authentication service since they were only charging $107. And the amount of charges/fees they are charging their customers on servicing and repair is, I believe, far more lucrative that can well exceed the $107 service they took out.

But it could also to ease their watch techs of doing the less important yet time-consuming chores of authenticating watches, probably due to lack of manpower and high volume of servicing and repair orders.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• take a step further. should the technician who has been open and close watch case for say 1 year decides to leave Rolex and seek to apply a watch technician position in another watch brand. the watch technician goes there and prospective new employer ask the watch technician what have you learn from rolex.

the watch technician say open/close watch case and make sure rolex movement is authentic.

if you are the prospective new employer, will you employ this watch technician?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Whatever you pay a watch technician, he/she has to fulfil his/her duties and responsibilities that the company dictates. It may or not even be directly related to servicing/repairing a watch. If one day the boss decides, even watch technicians have to do sales on rotation basis, they lan-lan have to obey, correct?

Well, this question falls back on the above paragraph. Will a watch technician really bother if his/her salary is a flat monthly wage, with no added incentive to any number of watches serviced or repaired? As long as he/she reports to work on time, carries out his/her duties and responsibities as what a watch technician would do, reports off on time (or later), why should he/she care if he takes a longer to open and inspect and close a watch.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

• I think it is because the technicians are already very busy doing servicing and repairs and have a lot of orders to complete every month.

They don't want people paying $107 and chasing them to collect their watch on the same day.
                          1) WG DIA 18239
                          2) YG DIA 18238
                          3) WG 18239
                          4) YG 18238
                          5) YG 18248G Bark
                          6) WG DIA 18039
                          7) WG 18039
                          8) YG 18038
                          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                          12) WG 1803
                          13) YG 1803

1)GMT II 116718 18K

Others
                          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                          2)D15037 14k
                          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

• because under staff?

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                            I think it is because the technicians are already very busy doing servicing and repairs and have a lot of orders to complete every month.

They don't want people paying $107 and chasing them to collect their watch on the same day.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• Hi Folks - New owner of a R-series 16233 (passed down from my Dad), and new to everything Rolex.

Been doing some reading up as I want overhaul the 16233 (service, change dials etc). Seems like the general conclusion is to avoid RSC if you don't want to pay a bomb.

Question - Do the 3rd party shops like B**fi***, Ch*** Wa*** etc provide dial changing service? Do we need to get our own dials or do they normally keep stock?

My apologies for the newbie questions, since the 16233 is kinda old (not sure if it falls under vintage despite being 30 years old). I do want to give this guy a new lease of life as a form of remembrance for someone dear.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                                take a step further. should the technician who has been open and close watch case for say 1 year decides to leave Rolex and seek to apply a watch technician position in another watch brand. the watch technician goes there and prospective new employer ask the watch technician what have you learn from rolex.

the watch technician say open/close watch case and make sure rolex movement is authentic.

if you are the prospective new employer, will you employ this watch technician?
                                Friend, I thought we are discussing about the authentication service that the RSC had taken out, as in why they did that and whether they should or not, etc

If you're talking about a rookie ROLEX watch tech switching employers, and whether prospective employers' will employ him/her or not, well, it depends. It all boils down to how much the company will want to pay a rookie watch tech vs getting one whom they may have to pay much more for his experience in the industry.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X