Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any places to go besides Rolex Centre?

Went to Rolex Center today and wanted to change my crystal, but they declined because my casing has a crack.

Can anyone recommend me elsewhere to go?

Try Golden Landmark.Got 2 ex rolex technicians set up shop there.They should be able to help you.

Henry of CHUAN watches..... D- W----.

Both nice guys.

Comment

You can try Mr Lim at T-- H--- at lucky plaza...he's a former rollie technician....
      Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
      Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
      Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
      Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

as a gauge, how much do these independent watch makers charge for their services relative to rolex service centre?

am thinking of sending in afew to do some overhaul.. can't afford rolex centre....

Comment

1. Would suggest you go to RSC. Peace of mind.

2. As for independent guys, I went to 2. One quoted SGD200 for service and polish. Another quoted SGD120.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by buaysaikum View Post
          as a gauge, how much do these independent watch makers charge for their services relative to rolex service centre?

am thinking of sending in afew to do some overhaul.. can't afford rolex centre....

Comment

Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
            1. Would suggest you go to RSC. Peace of mind.

2. As for independent guys, I went to 2. One quoted SGD200 for service and polish. Another quoted SGD120.

Hope this helps.
            thanks for the info & advice... a visit to RSC would be a min damage of $400 to $500.... am considering the alternatives first....

are the independent 'service centres' able to order parts from rolex? i think i rem reading that only authorized technicians are able to indent parts from rolex... if this is the case wouldn't the 'service centres' have difficulties getting replacement parts?

i guess this is the only issue holding me back from going for the cheaper alternatives

Comment

icic......

**'s a bigger name but the charges rbig as well

Comment

Servicing

I would recommend to ask the technician of any watch shops other than RSC to write down the braclet number and also stretch out and arch the braclet as a check before leaving the shop as I've heard stories of shops that changed the braclet of customers from a firm to a saggy one.
                Though I'm not sure how to make sure the shop don't change any movement inside.

Comment

assuming someone buys a rollie from here as the seller says 'BNIB' and verfication and cost to be beared by buyer at RSC. whats the procedure than ? buyer and seller goes to RSC and seller pays $75 and what do the ppl at RSC do to verify its authentication? and is there any documents given to say its genuine so dat the buyer can depart his money to the seller after the verification? and how long does this verification process last ?
                  thanks in advance to the gurus here for answering.
                  ~[COLOR="Red"]known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~[/COLOR]

Comment

Not a guru, but here's what I understand to be the practice

Originally posted by ~Diver~ View Post
                    assuming someone buys a rollie from here as the seller says 'BNIB' and verfication and cost to be beared by buyer at RSC. whats the procedure than ? buyer and seller goes to RSC and seller pays $75 and what do the ppl at RSC do to verify its authentication? and is there any documents given to say its genuine so dat the buyer can depart his money to the seller after the verification? and how long does this verification process last ?
                    thanks in advance to the gurus here for answering.
                    When a watch is presented to RSC, they open up and check through. They will verbally tell you watch is ok, and then go on to suggest what you need to do to the watch to get it in tip top condition - waterproof etc.
                    If you want documentation from them - which is basically a slip with the RSC letterhead that says "servicing charges - $75", you pay $75 for it. The paper will not say "watch authenticated, 100% rolex" but the issuing of the slip to you is taken to mean that watch is authentic and ok. They will not give you documentation for a watch which is fake. They may however, not give you that slip if an authentic Rolex watch contains critical parts or too many parts which are non-rolex - for instance if an important part of the movement contains foreign parts - making it a "franken" watch.

It's ok to tell the counter people that you are getting the watch checked because you are considering buying it.
                    Last edited by Reborn; 15-09-08, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Paid $100 for verification

Last CNY2009 went to RSC.Why is that the RSC charged me $100 for verification for my Rolex President.Thought it's $75 Thanks bros and master.

Comment

if you trust non-RSC repair, u can try

k-- w------ @ people's park centre
                        chuan watch @ golden landmark shopping centre
                        ** watch @ great eastern building

Originally posted by MsLucifer
                        RSC quoted 810 to overhaul my watch, 113 to change the case coz got chip and 225 to change the crown coz got ding

anywhere else i can get a quote?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

try d------ w---- & p-- @ katong shopping centre
                          16570 WHITE DIAL T SERIES
                          16710 PEPSI BEZEL T SERIES
                          16600 N SERIES
                          18038 BIRCH WOOD DIAL 80XXXXX
                          116519 BLACK DIAL K SERIES

Comment

maybe u can try k-- w------, have past dealings with them and they are pretty friendly and i think the price is reasonable.

Comment

T-- H--- @ Lucky Plaza also can

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              if you trust non-RSC repair, u can try

k-- w---- @ people's park centre
                              chuan watch @ golden landmark shopping centre
                              ** watch @ great eastern building

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse