Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex from Hong Kong (HK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hk rolex store

try zurich in nathan road

Comment

Hi,

Any advice on the savings? I m looking at the submariner. Just ask S'pore Boutique at $8460. How much is S'pore AD compared to HK AD?

Tks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by smun View Post
        Hi,

Any advice on the savings? I m looking at the submariner. Just ask S'pore Boutique at $8460. How much is S'pore AD compared to HK AD?

Tks in advance.
        HK AD is 47200HKD (retail price). Can't remember if it is LN or LV. Standard is 8% off.

Comment

Can we claim tax if buy from there?

Comment

Originally posted by tia View Post
            Can we claim tax if buy from there?
            No tax in HK. Things are expensive enough as they are.

Comment

buy rolex need advice going hong kong soon...

Hi All Senior

Finally going Hong Kong purchasing my first Rolex.. ... Need to seek advise from all senior.

If I buy with cash, should I convert the Sing dollar to Hong kong dollars first and bring to Hong Kong? If decide not to buy in Hong Kong, is it stupid to convert back (lose in currency) or do the Hong Kong AD accept credit card or cheque? How you guys do it? Is it safe to bring so much cash to Hong Kong

sorry for the above question as first time bring so much cash to holiday.

Comment

Couple of options
                1. bring S$ with you. Once you decided on the watch and on the watch, then change the S$ to HK$. DO NOT pay the AD S$ because the exchange rate is bad. DO not go to the bank and change the money because the rate is bad, there are money changers in HK just like in SG whose rates are def better than the AD or the banks.

2. Use credit card - but downside is that they may charge you 1 or 2% fee. Not sure about what other thinks, but i reaslise that the credit card exchagne rate for HK$ is sometiems better than the money changer rate i get in Singapore. ....

It's obviously safer with #2 but downside is more expensive (the 1-2% fee).

Comment

Bring your cash and change at the DBS bank in HK. The rate is good. I tried the last time and definitely better than the roadside money changer.

Comment

thinking of buying the LV. my wife recently went to HK and check after discount is 43424HKD. Should I go for it?

Comment

Originally posted by bombom View Post
                      thinking of buying the LV. my wife recently went to HK and check after discount is 43424HKD. Should I go for it?
                      This is the old 16610LV rite... Price seem alrite to me after conversion...
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

becareful

Comment

The price for the LV sounds too good to be true. In 2009, it was already S$7900 in Dec when I was there. This was before the price increase and dicontinuation of the model this year. So do be careful. The pricing is more for a pre-owned piece.
                          His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

you have to consider the current HKD exchange rate. 5.84 hkd = 1sgd
                            43424HKD will be around 7435sgd

compare to last time 5hkd = 1sgd
                            43424HKD = 8684sgd

more than 1200sgd difference

Comment

If its a new piece from AD should be quite safe. Exchange is good for us now.

Comment

If i going to HK end of this year and the rate is still between SGD1 = HKD5.8 and i get a Submariner Steel 116610LN will save me lot more then local? Do advice. Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X