Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex from Hong Kong (HK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are many non-ADs in HK like in Singapore. I feel they may charge same or similar price as AD, except for those hot or new models, like SS Daytona. Should get from AD if u can. Cheaper (tax free, no GST) and confirmed genuine. I remembered I was keen to get the new Green Sub in HK recently. But I could only see it from a non-AD and it charged me alot. In the end, I gave up as not worth, rather get it in Singapore. As long as they can produce the necessary papers. Need not worry about it. Like I say, see whether the model that you want is available, otherwise it will be just another waste trip.

Comment

• Is there a list of shops in HK selling Rollies, AD or not.
      Am there very often and it would be nice to go shop for eye candy in between meetings!
      16610 [B]Submariner[/B] [COLOR="#2e8b57"][B]Lunette Verde[/B][/COLOR]
      *TRAVELKAKIS SINGAPORE FORUM MEMBER*

Comment

• I keep asking myself is it really cheaper to buy it in HK? I look at some of the HK preowned shop website like po wan loi, Ken watches and kwaiyanwatch and they are not really cheap. Most of them are more expensive than a new watch even when the sgd is much stronger than hkd. Any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by lengdan View Post
          Why bother to save a few hundred bucks to buy from non-ADs. Always buy from AD. Period.
          some GM dealers have helped save close to or even over a thousand bucks. i never pay retail, so i'm happy shopping from gray market dealers PROVIDED i know what i'm buying...

but i agree: if the savings are just a few hundred bucks, just go to the AD.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by taxico View Post
            some GM dealers have helped save close to or even over a thousand bucks. i never pay retail, so i'm happy shopping from gray market dealers PROVIDED i know what i'm buying...

but i agree: if the savings are just a few hundred bucks, just go to the AD.
            Yup agree. If you know exactly what you are buying, you should be able to get good deals from non-ADs. But I have noticed that most people who enquire about shops, prices, etc. are newbies; so far newbies, it's best to buy from ADs. To have a peace of mind mah.

Comment

• the shop is in HK, you are in singapore right? then how is/are the watch(es) going to reach you?

if they are going to hand carry into SG for you, i see no issue as you can always tell them to deal @ RSC or any shop/watch technician you trust to do the certification for you.

if they are going to ship in to you, then exercise all the necessary precautionary measures. take a look @ this thread and use the relevant information.

should you still decide to buy the watch(es), then remember that there is still the GST you need to pay. unless you want the watch(es) to be declared under value before GST is needed.

should you still want to go ahead @ this point, remember that you may be saving up to 1K for a watch but you risk losing at least 6 times the amount if the watches are bought brand new. some say, i buy from those i trust. no issues. however, all it takes is one transaction to go wrong, you lose your hard earn money.

to me, if AD price is not what you want to pay, there are the local PI whom you can turn to. these PI usually have no issues dealing with you should you want to authenticate @ RSC. call me kiasu or whatever you like, i always deal when i can get my hands to the physical watch. i aint no risk taker. savings of 1k vs potential losing 6/7k. im not comfortable. i rather pay someone else slightly more to take the risk.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                the shop is in HK, you are in singapore right? then how is/are the watch(es) going to reach you?

if they are going to hand carry into SG for you, i see no issue as you can always tell them to deal @ RSC or any shop/watch technician you trust to do the certification for you.

if they are going to ship in to you, then exercise all the necessary precautionary measures. take a look @ this thread and use the relevant information.

should you still decide to buy the watch(es), then remember that there is still the GST you need to pay. unless you want the watch(es) to be declared under value before GST is needed.

should you still want to go ahead @ this point, remember that you may be saving up to 1K for a watch but you risk losing at least 6 times the amount if the watches are bought brand new. some say, i buy from those i trust. no issues. however, all it takes is one transaction to go wrong, you lose your hard earn money.

to me, if AD price is not what you want to pay, there are the local PI whom you can turn to. these PI usually have no issues dealing with you should you want to authenticate @ RSC. call me kiasu or whatever you like, i always deal when i can get my hands to the physical watch. i aint no risk taker. savings of 1k vs potential losing 6/7k. im not comfortable. i rather pay someone else slightly more to take the risk.
                Excellent post!

Comment

• Hong Kong

Hey guys any watches worth looking in hk? And does HK panerai boutique have 386 yet? And anybody need things from hk?

Comment

• Rolex in Hongkong

Hongkong currency is rather weak...so worth to buy Rolex in Hongkong?
                    Anyway want can recommend any good AD in Hongkong?

Thanks!!!

Comment

• You are probably the no. 101th person to ask this question in the forum

Try to search the forum first. There should be enough information to read up.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Rolex and Panerai prices in Hongkong

For all interested bros...

Hulk 63,000HKD
                        Panerai 305 70,600HKD
                        Panerai 351 61,700HKD
                        Panerai 383 aka bronzo 77,200HKD
                        Cartier Santos XL rubber 40,100HKD
                        Cartier Santos XL Chrono leather 57,000HKD

Prices are before discount

Comment

• may i ask about the discount structure? have not been to HK for close to 10 years.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• all the prices were sourced from the ADs. Panerai boutique offers 5-10% off as quoted to my friend who just got back yesterday. i will be going there tmr.

Comment

• I have been to HK for few years and few times a year....and every visit will go Pam boutique check out.

Worst case....not a single watch available for sale.....best case got a few like 112, 176 type. Once, I was there and told nothing to sell only to see a Tai Tai walk in to collect her 292J!

Try the AD...got better chance.

Comment

• the panerai boutique has stock for 351 and 305 heh

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X