Official Rolex Datejust Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    I think still can lesser la...but these days I thought SS models shld cost 7k? or m i just slow haha
    U r right. Te list price of SS DJ was $7085 dated Jan08.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• btw what is list price?

Comment

• Originally posted by stylocool View Post
        btw what is list price?
        Recommended Retail Price...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• The price tag i saw in HG and THH is $8320 so is that the list price? If yes that means the price has gone up....damn

Comment

• Originally posted by stylocool View Post
            The price tag i saw in HG and THH is $8320 so is that the list price? If yes that means the price has gone up....damn
            yup...

Comment

• dear rolex mates, i was thinking of getting another 16234 from a distant friend(not quite trustable one lah)..

but it comes with diamond bezel.. nice..

my question is how and where am i supposed to verify whether the diamonds are genuine.

no prob verifying the watch at tong ctr as he still have the original white gold bezel..

thanks!
              [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
              Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by communicam View Post
                dear rolex mates, i was thinking of getting another 16234 from a distant friend(not quite trustable one lah)..

but it comes with diamond bezel.. nice..

my question is how and where am i supposed to verify whether the diamonds are genuine.

no prob verifying the watch at tong ctr as he still have the original white gold bezel..

thanks!
                If he charges u more for the diamond bezel then u have to check it out. But I think the way he says it,he does charge for the extra bezel.

Firstly,it's not much of verifying if the diamonds are genuine,but more of the quality. 5Cs as usual. THe diamonds can be genuine but is it worth paying for some lousy ones even though it is real. Maybe you can ask him for a receipt of how much he paid for the custom diamond dial. If he doesnt have,you might have to bring it down to a jeweller/pawnshop/diamond & gold dealers like 1st Jewellery or my dealer Shin Tat to take a look?

How much is he asking?

Comment

• 4k... i've seen him wearing n so far no flaws except the diamond bezel.

receipt he lost liao and he forgot how many carats or watsoever..

so wat you're saying is tat i can bring the bezel to any pawn shop to verify issit darkie?

Comment

4k... i've seen him wearing n so far no flaws except the diamond bezel.

receipt he lost liao and he forgot how many carats or watsoever..

so wat you're saying is tat i can bring the bezel to any pawn shop to verify issit darkie?
                    dun advise u go pawn shop...but u can still...prefer 1st Jewellery or Shin Tat though more quiet or "private" haha. Coz they do take in diamond and stuff..so definitely they hav machine and the knowledge to tell the clarity and colour and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      dun advise u go pawn shop...but u can still...prefer 1st Jewellery or Shin Tat though more quiet or "private" haha. Coz they do take in diamond and stuff..so definitely they hav machine and the knowledge to tell the clarity and colour and stuff.

but will they entertain me just for verifying and not buying anything from them?? or are there steps to be taken when asking? have to pay not?

eh darkie.. thanks for your expertise.. u seem to be helping lots of ppl here hor.. thanks ah!

Comment

but will they entertain me just for verifying and not buying anything from them?? or are there steps to be taken when asking? have to pay not?

eh darkie.. thanks for your expertise.. u seem to be helping lots of ppl here hor.. thanks ah!
                        You try to kehkeh ask him to quote u a price la...then say u dun want to sell after he quote you.U can also ask him for details of the diamond and stuff...he might just tell u.

But if he quotes u a price,u can be sure it's genuine diamonds. That's for sure. Then u tell him u not happy with the price and leave. Pls la..dun say u want to verify...hahhaha

Yeah...I try to help as much as I can,of course some times I maybe wrong but will learn as much as I can from the pros here when they correct me. I love this place...that's why I am willing to come here everyday for hours and hours just waiting for questions to reply

Comment

• Dark Angel:

How much is the price of the Rolex DJ in basic stainless steel. What is a popular face?

Yah I much older than you and have 6 year old daughter so planning to pick one up to keep for her 16th birthday. At the rate prices are going up I figure I might just as well buy one now.

Anyway if you were buying something for a young 16/18 year old girl what would you get.

Comment

• 16 year old get a rolex. my parents also never considered that.

anyway, a brand new piece starts from about 6k

if she is small built, suggest a jubilee bracelet, otherwise, consider the oyster aka the thicker type of links and bracelet if i got the term right.

for ladies, usually is pink, white, champagne. as for markers, classic would be roman. can consider indicies markers as well.

some ladies are sporting the explorer series. explorer I has a smaller diameter size compared to explorer II. the explorer models are more suitable as their thickness is lower compared to say submariner. unless u also considering yacht master ladies
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I bought myself a TT DJ in 1988 for about $4500 or so. So when I read that DJ TT going for $8K to $9K I was shocked.

Well if she does well for her O level that would be her reward - perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanahteck View Post
                                I bought myself a TT DJ in 1988 for about $4500 or so. So when I read that DJ TT going for $8K to $9K I was shocked.

Well if she does well for her O level that would be her reward - perhaps.
                                Originally posted by Tanahteck View Post
                                Dark Angel:

How much is the price of the Rolex DJ in basic stainless steel. What is a popular face?

Yah I much older than you and have 6 year old daughter so planning to pick one up to keep for her 16th birthday. At the rate prices are going up I figure I might just as well buy one now.

Anyway if you were buying something for a young 16/18 year old girl what would you get.
                                SS DJ ladies would set u back 5-6k for brand new...

WTF?! Someone beat me already oh no......NOOOOOOO...

Hmm...wah u think till quite far leh...10 yrs later. Ok here's 1 thing u have to take note. I would not suggest that u get ladies DJ for her. I would think that getting her a Exp II or ladies YM would be a better choice. I think these days girls are not really into DJs,it's considered the Lok kok side already. A sports series would be perfect for her. IF you are buying.

Seriously la...if my dad even buys me a new Rolex for my upcoming in 17th bdae...I will tell him to forget the Lexus

This is 1 really lucky girl I have to say...well as lucky as me la

I would say...buy that time..she will like fashion brand like LV already..hahah.

But before u make the purchase...u sure she likes watches? thats wad I would like to say..buy something that she likes not wad u like. JMHO.
                                Last edited by Darkangel; 29-02-08, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X