Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid 2010 to end 2010 – G
    2011 to now – alphanumeric (random generated)

Based on the above, besides the difference in serial numbers, is there any difference between these two models? For example, watch mechanism, etc?

Comment

• Hi bros, I'm new to Rolex timepieces and planning to hoot a Sub-C soon. I hope to learnt as much as possible before making the decision.

1) Is there any difference between Serial number 'G' and Alphanumeric? For example, watch mechnaism, bracelet, etc?

2) I have been checked that the price seems to be jumping every year. From $7444 year 2007 to $10,640 (current price). How often does Rolex increase its price and when?

3) Basel Watch show is scheduled on March 2012, I noticed that the current sub coming to 2 years old. Any news that new sub is on the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by bolasutra View Post
        Hi bros, I'm new to Rolex timepieces and planning to hoot a Sub-C soon. I hope to learnt as much as possible before making the decision.

1) Is there any difference between Serial number 'G' and Alphanumeric? For example, watch mechnaism, bracelet, etc?

2) I have been checked that the price seems to be jumping every year. From $7444 year 2007 to $10,640 (current price). How often does Rolex increase its price and when?

3) Basel Watch show is scheduled on March 2012, I noticed that the current sub coming to 2 years old. Any news that new sub is on the way?
        There is no tangible diff between the two serial numbers. Prices of ROLEX watches, including many other brands, normally increase once or twice a year. I don't recall if there is a specific date/period for such increase. As for the prices you've quoted, ie "$7444 .. $10,640", they are actually two diff Submariner models. The cheaper one is the 16610 while the latter is 116610 (ceramic bezel).

I do not know which Submariner model you are referring to. If it is the current 116610, then not likely it will be replaced so soon. However if it is the 14060M (no-date version), then there are rumours that it MAY be discontinued and a new version MAY be launched. Again, they are rumours.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Dear Bros and Gurus of Sub and SD,

Pardon me for any interruption in this thread but am really a newbie and have always wanted a Rolly and have been envying my peers. Now i have saved and catered aside for my family, i am seriously planning to get one for myself.

I am deciding between Sub- C and SD.

I do understand Sub-C is always in High demand as compared to SD.

But am curious, in particular, what is actually the main difference between the two.
          And i do understand there is a lot of series and edition and what is their main diff and if there is a series or version that i should avoid.

Its is either i wait and scout for a pre owned with complete package or a brand new but i believe in terms of $ there is a big gap.

Hope to have your help.

Regards

Comment

• Hi everyone, have a noob question to ask.

For a new unsized sub 16610 there should be 12 links right?

Comment

• What is the latest list of "
              Current list of Sea Dweller owners in SG-ROC"?
              Can include my name please? I own one '10 Deepsea. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nim
                Submariner - Interesting Facts

1, Why the revolving time elapse bezel is unidirectional ?

As we know, the Submariner’s bezel can only be rotated counterclockwise. When the watch is in normal operation, the hands are running clockwise. Even if the bezel was touched by accident, this would only reduce the remaining time but wouldn’t let the time increase. So, the result was rather let the diver go up a little earlier, but wouldn’t let him suffocate in the water for mistaking the remaining diving time because of the calculation error.

2, Why the edge of the bezel is semi-circular notch ?

In a dry condition, when we operate the bezels of Omega Seamaster and Rolex Submariner, the feel is similar, but when your hands or the watches are wet, you will find the Seamaster’s bezel will slip, not easy to operate whether empty-handed or wearing gloves. From the design, Rolex has considered the professional environment.

3, Why hour hand is “Mercedes styled ?

In diving or a dark place, the ordinary hour and minute hands are all straight stick-shaped, only differ in length, so it is not easy to identify which hand is the hour hand, which one is the minute hand, this will result in death of diver in a key environment. Rolex has paid much attention to the design of the hour hand, although in a dark place, you can still recognize the hour hand clearly. If the luminescent coating didn’t have the protection of braces, it would be easy to fall off, so in the middle of the circle, there are 3 Mercedes-shaped braces, this also has become Rolex’s classic symbol.

4, Why 3, 6 and 9 are stick markers ?

This was also done for high recognition, so you can judge the hands’ positions in a short time. If the hour markers were all round dots, the time spent reading and the accuracy would not be ideal, in our daily life, this advantage is not shown, but in a special condition, this can save your life.

5, Why the earlier Submariners only had the black dial ?

Because the dial design of all Submariner watches started from the function. Submariner is all black dial with white hands, which strongly highlights the visibility and recognition.

6, What material the hands and hour markers is made of ?

Submariner’s hands and hour markers are made of white gold, which can prevent them from rusting and also increases brightness. Different from other ordinary Rolex watches, Submariner’s hour markers have arc surfaces, so they will have reflection when the light is coming from any angle.

7, Why “crown logo” is not metal ?

Different from the daily Rolex watches, the Submariner’s “crown logo” on the dial is printed. Why it didn’t use the metal logo ? Because the metal “crown logo” will reflect the light and affect time reading. Especially under the water, you don’t have sufficient light and enough time to read carefully, but at this moment, you need to know current time with a casual glance, so high recognition on the watch will be required in such condition.

8, Why Submariner has guards around the crown ?

This originated from a submarine accident, a diver crashed the crown. Later, Rolex specially designed the guards for Submariner, the guards make Submariner much stronger.

9, What is the crown’s waterproof performance ?

Submariner’s crown is different from the common 100M’s, in spring place inside the tube, it added two layers of aprons, even if the crown was not locked well, Submariner’s crown would be still water resistant to 80 to 100M, and if being tightly locked, Submariner is 300M waterproof,at this point, the British Navy has done professional test.
                Wow. Very detailed. At least I learn something today. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Bro Nim, is there any engraving at the caseback of SubC like DeepSea? Dun mind to post some pics of the SubC's caseback? Hee hee...

Comment

• Thank you bro Nim... Is there any reason why Rolex chooses to leave the case back so plain? Kinda bored you know.. :P

Comment

• Not expecting nicely deco caseback... but at least the brand name or may be the crown itself? Hahaha...

Now, only can show people the front face.. cannot show the "backside"... Nothing to see... :P

Comment

• hi all, i m a new owner of DSSD..just bought during dec holiday!

Comment

• I think I'll have to make the submariner my next goal!

How much is the green version going for?

Comment

• Wow.. that's quite a difference between the black and the green...
                            But I do like the green... just have to save up for it...

Comment

• Wow... that's quite some savings if I get it abroad...
                              Sigh... sgp just too exp to buy such things...

Comment

• was quoted 12.5k at THG...was told by AD that no discount for Rolex and they will be increasing price by 5% soon?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X