Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend just came from Athen this month and she bought a sub C from the AD. After the 23% VAT refund, she paid Euro 5800.00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Crown for Every Achievement
    Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• That's a little bit steep. I was in Italy in DEC last year, the list price for SUB C was euro 6305. If u factor in the 14.5% tax rebate, it should be around 5400euro. However I may be wrong since I did heard rumour about price hike for Rolex..and just maybe different european countries have different price list. Anyway, hope your fren likes her watch, haha I remembered I paid cash SGD10.5k for my rolex gmt 2C when first launched.

Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
      My friend just came from Athen this month and she bought a sub C from the AD. After the 23% VAT refund, she paid Euro 5800.00.

Comment

• as long as cheaper than sg retail, then you are already in front *imo*.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• still possible to get the sub LV in singapore? what's the list price? any discounts possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
            still possible to get the sub LV in singapore? what's the list price? any discounts possible?
            I was told by my AD at THG that sub LV is selling at a premium of around 12.5k. No discount, they even sell higher than list price.

Do check with several ADs on pricing before purchase.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
              still possible to get the sub LV in singapore? what's the list price? any discounts possible?
              Yes, I saw one from THG Taka yesterday. list price is 11.4k, but as Rolex1 said, it's selling price is much higher.

Comment

• Did sunnyday indicate the new Submariner LV?

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
                I was told by my AD at THG that sub LV is selling at a premium of around 12.5k. No discount, they even sell higher than list price.

Do check with several ADs on pricing before purchase.
                Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                Yes, I saw one from THG Taka yesterday. list price is 11.4k, but as Rolex1 said, it's selling price is much higher.
                I stand corrected but I thought he/she was referring to the old model 16610LV ... "still possible to get .."

To Mr sunnyday,

If you're referring to the older version (non-ceramic) I am not sure if the ADs here keep old stock for it but it may still be available somewhere. Only thing is, you'll have to walk around to enquire. I'm not too sure about the list price or discount but I reckon that it should be in the range of 9K if you can get one that is new from an AD.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• To all DSSD owner,

May I ask how long does it take for your dssd to change date when it pass mid night?

For mine is 4min 50 sec after 12am. I just tracked it today after reading that for explorer 2 took about few secs to 2-3mins to change date after mid night.

How about for dssd?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
                    To all DSSD owner,

May I ask how long does it take for your dssd to change date when it pass mid night?

For mine is 4min 50 sec after 12am. I just tracked it today after reading that for explorer 2 took about few secs to 2-3mins to change date after mid night.

How about for dssd?
                    Mine was about 35 seconds after 12...... funny I heard it click over next to me ( was off my wrist ) then picked it up and checked the time.
                    ROLEX.

Comment

• thanks for the info..looks like really got to pay a premium for the greenish color..lol

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      I stand corrected but I thought he/she was referring to the old model 16610LV ... "still possible to get .."

To Mr sunnyday,

If you're referring to the older version (non-ceramic) I am not sure if the ADs here keep old stock for it but it may still be available somewhere. Only thing is, you'll have to walk around to enquire. I'm not too sure about the list price or discount but I reckon that it should be in the range of 9K if you can get one that is new from an AD.

Comment

• is it possible to differentiate a bezel whether it's ceramic or aluminum just by looking at it? i know the new sub LV has a green dial while the older sub LV has a black dial..but just wondering..the bezel looks pretty much similar to me..anything to take note or to observe?

Comment

• Very obviously, yes. It is definitely possible to differentiate a bezel of ceramic (C) make vs steel (S), visually.

The C bezel tends to be glossy (shiny, polished look on the surface) while the S one looks matte. The numberings and markings on both the bezels are also different. Before I describe further, why not surf around the forum to look at the many pics posted by our good members here. You'll be able to understand clearly with pics.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi Atomant, I think it's to do with the history and publicity of the sub vs sea dweller. Plus the fact that a helium escape valve seems redundant except for the most pro of deepsea divers/explorers. It's not amazingly innovative, so it doesn't have that trump factor over a regular sub except under extreme conditions.

If James Bond was sexy wearing just a sub, so should everyone else. Bear in mind that the deepsea is very chunky in the vertical plane, and for many, this is one watch too large.

Read what Watch Snob has to say on on www.askmen.com
                            "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

• Originally posted by odyssey24
                              the ceramic bezel on the sub C and dssd is definitely better than the old aluminum insert
                              apart from being scratch resistant and looks glossy, even the colored numbers that are painted onto the aluminum inserts are now platinum-powder-coated on the new ceramic bezel
                              a great improvement!
                              Is it worth upgrading from ss bezel model to ceramic bezel model? Price is quite a difference though.

Comment

• Originally posted by odyssey24

while sgd2,00 difference for all the above-mentioned upgrades is considered reasonable for the submariner, the sgd5,000 for the seadweller is rather substantial, plus the fact that not everyone can carry off the massive dssd well on the wrist
                                You don't carry it on your wrist bro.... the DSSD will carry you !!
                                ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X