Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Sometimes quite sian when you see so many ppl wearing same watches as you. Wonder how long more this sub date fever going to last?
    eh. u sian is it? then u buy the 116710 and wear. then not common. then u feel elated already mah.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
      eh. u sian is it? then u buy the 116710 and wear. then not common. then u feel elated already mah.
      116710 is nice lah. But movement wise, it's using the 3186 movement which I think the main diff from traditional 16710 is the inclusion of new hairspring. The rest of enhancements are mainly cosmetic like larger crown and hands, ceramic bezel

To the laymen, the 16610 is black, the 116710 is also black. From far cannot see man

But look at the price
      Last edited by minusplus; 13-12-07, 07:55 AM.
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

116710 is nice lah. But movement wise, it's using the 3186 movement which I think the main diff from traditional 16710 is the inclusion of new hairspring. The rest of enhancements are mainly cosmetic like larger crown and hands, ceramic bezel

To the laymen, the 16610 is black, the 116710 is also black. From far cannot see man

But look at the price
        true also. unless observant
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• watches with good resale value shows the high demand, naturally the chances of seeing it on the street is higher if the price is not too high like eg $15k

i take it as a compliment if i see someone wearing a watch that i own.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
            i take it as a compliment if i see someone wearing a watch that i own.
            i agree...

but it is interesting though.. before i bought my subdate.. i don't pay attention to what others wear on their wrists.. increasingly these days, i seem to take more notice..

now... the other day i saw someone wearing a subdate.. on closer scrutiny, i noticed something is not right.. the second hand ticks rather than swipe across..

so there you go... the look may be common but not everyone wears the real mccoy

Comment

• Originally posted by lolex View Post
              i agree...

but it is interesting though.. before i bought my subdate.. i don't pay attention to what others wear on their wrists.. increasingly these days, i seem to take more notice..
              its human nature to do so.

Originally posted by lolex View Post
              now... the other day i saw someone wearing a subdate.. on closer scrutiny, i noticed something is not right.. the second hand ticks rather than swipe across..

so there you go... the look may be common but not everyone wears the real mccoy
              its not the rolex subbie, its a folex subbie

Comment

• sorry guys, can i just check with you all if its possible to buy the sub dial anywhere outside rsc??

was doing walking ard lucky plaza when i saw a pre-owned shop displaying a couple of tt sub with modified dial. look pretty elegant ...then suddenly feel like doing it also...

Comment

• Originally posted by dnalz View Post
                  sorry guys, can i just check with you all if its possible to buy the sub dial anywhere outside rsc??

was doing walking ard lucky plaza when i saw a pre-owned shop displaying a couple of tt sub with modified dial. look pretty elegant ...then suddenly feel like doing it also...
                  yes it is possible to buy sub dial outside rsc, however, u take a risk if they are not original. it is your choice. however when u sent it to RSC make sure u have an original dial.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

• Hmmm for me, i seldom seen pple wearing sub leh ... rather, whenever i am travelling in MRT, the only rolex watch model i seen are DJ ... TT, SS, full gold, etc ... haha

I think DJ n sub is more common bah.

I also agree that i feel that its a compliment when some1 is wearing the same watch as mine. Furthermore, its not a ordinary brand ....

Comment

yes it is possible to buy sub dial outside rsc, however, u take a risk if they are not original. it is your choice. however when u sent it to RSC make sure u have an original dial.
                      you have any idea where can i get an original dial then? when i chked with RSC they say the dial is controlled item we cant buy extra to keep.

Comment

• Anyone agree with me? Put resale value aside, SD r better buy(more value for $$$) than Subbie as it can dived deeper, list price higher.
                        Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

• Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
                          Anyone agree with me? Put resale value aside, SD r better buy(more value for $$$) than Subbie as it can dived deeper, list price higher.
                          Function wise, SD is definitely superior. But SD no have cyclops. I like them

Comment

Function wise, SD is definitely superior. But SD no have cyclops. I like them
                            can u elaborate why u say function wise, SD is definitely superior?

u referrin to HEV and depth penetration?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

can u elaborate why u say function wise, SD is definitely superior?

u referrin to HEV and depth penetration?
                              Yup. Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant there's Helium Escape and it's depth to 1000m, whereas sub date only 300m. So you see actually the SD is more value for money.

But then, because the crystal is made thicker in order to withstand pressures at 1000m, they are unable to include the cyclop, which I believe is an important trademark feature of Rolexes.

Comment

Yup. Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant there's Helium Escape and it's depth to 1000m, whereas sub date only 300m. So you see actually the SD is more value for money.

But then, because the crystal is made thicker in order to withstand pressures at 1000m, they are unable to include the cyclop, which I believe is an important trademark feature of Rolexes.
                                take no offence. how many of us actually go diving with rolexes or high end dive watch?

for me, the deepest depth i ever went was 200ft, which is about 60m. i already almost felt out of breath. trust me, the pressue @ that depth for a normal recreation diver is considered big.

personally both 'divers' are meant for different markets. the SD are for hardcore divers while the sub is for recreational diver.

both are great watches to own.

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X