Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xylene87
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    is your dad still a commercial diver still?
    yes he still is. =) are you one too?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    is your dad still a commercial diver still?

Leave a comment:

• xylene87
    replied

Just to share my Submariner Non Date in the Background & My dad's Sea Dweller in the foreground. He bought his sea dweller for about $1000+ when i wasnt even born. i am 19 so do the math. hahah.

you can see that the gaps between his SD are quite loose as he has been wearing it for daily work for the past 20 years prolly? Side-track a bit. he is a deep sea commercial diver so he is prolly pushing the rolex to its limits for the depth that he is in and the pressure in the chamber and it still hasnt failed him all these years.. only serviced it prolly less than 5 times..

now the price for sub is higher than a sea dweller. 16610 for that matter. hahah. He also has the Half Gold Sub but no pics for that as yet. =)

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    16613 also comes with black dial...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    TT combination = two-tone combination. blue & gold

Leave a comment:

• seadweller4k
    replied
    i don't know if people actually use it to dive, i know i won't. the reason i got the sea-dweller is because it doesn't have the cyclops.

you'll be surprised to know that the sub costs more than the sea-dweller now. supply & demand..

oh, what's TT combination?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    i dont know. im guessing.

submariner comes in TT combination.
    submariner has a cyclops
    submariner had special anniversary edition
    cheaper if comparing black face and black dial.
    personal preference.

to me i would prefer the sea dweller compared to submariner based on black face black dial. more classic. can dive deeper

Leave a comment:

• seadweller4k
    replied
    Hi guys, I own a sea-dweller and i stumbled upon this webby.. so yup, here I am.

Just wondering, how come the submariner is more popular?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
    Hey thanks. I got it from HG Peninsular. I paid 9.5K for it. Look for Daph, she's cool. But I didnt scout around for the lowest price. Think during that time, might have been fleeced a bit.

Recently saw from Passion at Funan a 1-year old SS Sub date only 5700! Good price rite? Now sold liao. A bit regret. V good condition with non visible scatches. U guys sticky for 1st hand rollies? Or 2nd hand also can?
    1yr old 16610 for 5.7K? With box and papers? If so, that's a good price!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    U guys sticky for 1st hand rollies? Or 2nd hand also can?
    for me, i stick to 1st hand as of now. cause unless i know the history of the watch, i dun mind. else i would rather go 1st hand. personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• Bluedevil
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    which branch? how much you paid for?

blue face? looks like no sports series? maybe the DJ?
    Hey thanks. I got it from HG Peninsular. I paid 9.5K for it. Look for Daph, she's cool. But I didnt scout around for the lowest price. Think during that time, might have been fleeced a bit.

Recently saw from Passion at Funan a 1-year old SS Sub date only 5700! Good price rite? Now sold liao. A bit regret. V good condition with non visible scatches. U guys sticky for 1st hand rollies? Or 2nd hand also can?
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 19-08-07, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I also wanna join the club!
    Bought it a few months ago at HG:
    beri nice watch....

i was at that pawn shop @ fortune centre last month, asked for any good buys and was shown this one for $8k. was very tempting at the time but i somehow look funny in it. gotta stick with my standard sub.
    my loss.....

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by garb-age View Post
    dun thnk so, off topic lah, this is rolex. china-made watches dun really fit into this....
    post it in other section - other watches

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by skydude View Post
    will u b sharing pics with us soon ?
    dun thnk so, off topic lah, this is rolex. china-made watches dun really fit into this....

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    I also wanna join the club!
    Bought it a few months ago at HG, but scratches galore liao! I wear it too often haha. Colleagues say its a bit uncle for me, but I don't care.
    Just a few praises for this watch: not so common, looks like a precious gem with that sapphire-like blue, keeps time well, makes me feel proud and always remind me of a bling-bling reward for all my hard work!
    Now aiming for another watch with a blue face but dunno wat to get.

That's my boy:
    welcome. enjoy your stay here. it is common to get scratches. usually first one is hardest to get over. however, as more scratches come along it gets easier to get over with.

which branch? how much you paid for?

blue face? looks like no sports series? maybe the DJ?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X