No announcement yet.

Singapore Rolex Club Vintage Rolex Appreciation/Poisoning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the red again George, and classic root beer and pepsi!

I am not so sure how the new WG pepsi will change things but I suspect not much will in-fact change in the vintage world. 6542 >>> 116719 anytime, anywhere now and a hundred years from now.
    Live for Greatness

Comment

Amazing Long 5 insert!
      Originally posted by smartyjones18 View Post
      My Red

Last edited by Alexlow; 27-03-14, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Old gold for today.

Comment

Originally posted by smartyjones18 View Post
          My 1675 pepsi
          Wah sey 大哥 from dozens of modern rolex play until vintage rolex.
          Steady lah

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
            Wah sey 大哥 from dozens of modern rolex play until vintage rolex.
            Steady lah
            No lah, everyday fish and pork, also need to eat veggie right. And I found that vintage retains value better than modern.

Comment

Originally posted by nb1
              vintage for old men ok
              modern for young guys ok

Short sighted

Comment

bought this last month.....posted some pictures in another thread.

not sure old enough to be considered as vintage. also shy to post my 6694. all the vintage lovers here all got power watch. mine is like small hill see big mountain. can only drool

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Thank you. Post some of your 6694 lah.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                  Thanks for the comment... How about sharing some of yours?
                  i am a self-professed freak when it comes to a never polished watch.

i'm actually very glad you took the comment well - my purpose was not to irritate or put you down but for every 10 people admiring watches, there may be 1 or 2 that could well be learning to see what constitutes "unpolished" for purposes of buying a watch for themselves... and hopefully watches from a collector with an extensive range (should) constitute the best of what is available out there - but i know that this may not always be the case.

for one reason or other, i try not to post pictures of my watches online anymore. but for you, i'll make an exception and take a photo, upload and post.

not quite vintage, but this has been on my wrist the past week:

imo, unpolished:

Last edited by taxico; 29-03-14, 08:30 PM.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by nb1
                    vintage for old men ok
                    modern for young guys ok
                    I guess at 29 years old I'm considered 'old'.

Originally posted by triton View Post

not sure old enough to be considered as vintage. also shy to post my 6694. all the vintage lovers here all got power watch. mine is like small hill see big mountain. can only drool
                    That's a timeless piece there, and a manual wind too! I think 34mm's are the evergreen watch size.

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    i am a self-professed freak when it comes to a never polished watch.

i'm actually very glad you took the comment well - my purpose was not to irritate or put you down but for every 10 people admiring watches, there may be 1 or 2 that could well be learning to see what constitutes "unpolished" for purposes of buying a watch for themselves... and hopefully watches from a collector with an extensive range (should) constitute the best of what is available out there - but i know that this may not always be the case.

for one reason or other, i try not to post pictures of my watches online anymore. but for you, i'll make an exception and take a photo, upload and post.
                    Interesting co-signed dial, not seen one like that before.
                    Live for Greatness

Comment

@Bro Taxico
                      No worries, everyone is entitled to his own opinion and opinion differs all the time especially when it come to vintage and no one can say they are 100% sure.
                      I don't feel offended at all and rather I like talking to someone who know his "stuffs".
                      Thank you for posting your very nice double name daydate. The condition is amazing!
                      Hope to see more pictures from everyone.HAGWE!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                        @Bro Taxico
                        No worries, everyone is entitled to his own opinion and opinion differs all the time especially when it come to vintage and no one can say they are 100% sure.
                        I don't feel offended at all and rather I like talking to someone who know his "stuffs".
                        Thank you for posting your very nice double name daydate. The condition is amazing!
                        Hope to see more pictures from everyone.HAGWE!
                        True unpolished is rare to begin with and obviously gets more and more rare the older a watch is. IMO, an expertly polished watch that retains the original design lines (lug thickness, shape and of course the gorgeous bevels) enhances the beauty of vintage and does not detract from the overall value. Overpolished watches, unfortunately, are just sadly vulgar.
                        Live for Greatness

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

Super classic 6694! Where are the rest of them? How about a group pix of all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by r4gs View Post
                            True unpolished is rare to begin with and obviously gets more and more rare the older a watch is. IMO, an expertly polished watch that retains the original design lines (lug thickness, shape and of course the gorgeous bevels) enhances the beauty of vintage and does not detract from the overall value. Overpolished watches, unfortunately, are just sadly vulgar.
                            +1 well said.

Comment

Picture update

Comment

Rare 18038 Saudi airline dial

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X