Getting in shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
    This take some time from 3 to 6 month and depend on yours diet too. Cut down on oily and high Carbohydrates food too!Update us 3 month later. Good luck
    Hmm... This mean, my exercises are correct and enough? Just continue this way + some diet control?

Originally posted by voltshin View Post
    i lose weight pretty fast...
    this is what i normally do..
    whatever you have been eating for meal, cut half... especially rice. normally we try to finish the dishes together with rice/noodle.
    now you try eating more dishes n take in much lesser rice/noodle.

try slow jogging more than 30 min. your body will only start to burn fats after 20-30 mins. jogging is the best way to lose fats together with eat less meal. try eating less for each meal or even skip your dinner.

quite a number of people always go jogging, then tend to eat more.
    oh yah, for me i normally skip dinner and use the time to go jogging after work 4-5 days per week.
    Thanks for the info bro. Hmm... nowaday, I cut my dinner half already, sharing 1 pack of mixed rice with wifey. Can save $$ too... Hahaha...

I tried skip dinner, but worked opposite way!!! Unable to sleep due to too hungry, end up eat SUPPER in order to get to the sleep!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    lately been eating heaps.... for a few weekends already, taking dinner, followed by a heavy supper ard 3-4hrs later... and always feeling hungry. anyone knows why?
    Oh man! Bad habits... Must control before too late...

Comment

Must remember not to eat too little..

when you consume too little, your metabolism will slow down and your fat-burning capability will slow down.

the trick with diet is to eat SMALL meals 4-5 times a day, 6 times if you wake up at 7am , sleep at past midnight that sort of thing.

each meal try to aim more protein from food source. carbs wise, during day time can eat things like bread, rice. I personally avoid rice, too sensitive to it. My carbs come mainly from oats. But this is up to individual.
      As the day progress and sun sets, switch the carbs to fibrous source EG, xiao bai cai, leafy greens and broccoli.

A good diet is not cheap to maintain, that's why fast-food exists. But the positive effects last a long time.

For workout, always try to incorporate some weights as that help the muscles to be working, (read: burn fat over a longer period of time).

If not time to go do weights or no money to go gym, body weight exercises work. As mentioned like pull-ups, push-ups, crunches, leg lifts. or simply run up and down the stairs.

Pump your heart rate as high as you can within 90sec, then rest until it goes back to about 120. and repeat.

One Golden Rule: try to cut down on alcohol and drink at least 2-3 litres of PURE water. Soup and juices don count. They are calorie-based anyway. And always be careful of hidden sugars and salt. they are important to the body but we have too much of this in our everyday food sources.

By the way, you feel hungry can be due to several reasons.
      1. maybe stressed. so go workout or sweat it out.
      2. eat too little during the day, or the time between the meals during the day is too far apart -- caused the body to tell your mind " FEED ME regardless of the time now"
      [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
        Hmm... This mean, my exercises are correct and enough? Just continue this way + some diet control?

Thanks for the info bro. Hmm... nowaday, I cut my dinner half already, sharing 1 pack of mixed rice with wifey. Can save $$ too...
        That right, just continue this way and you can see result soon and save alot of money so that can buy watches too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
          That right, just continue this way and you can see result soon and save alot of money so that can buy watches too.
          Alamak!! This is health & fitness section leh bro, still cannot escape from watches??

Watches are poisons! Not good to body....... but i am aiming a Pam thou... hahahaha...

Thanks for the advices bro!

Comment

Great info watchwerkz bro! Thanks for sharing..

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
              Great info watchwerkz bro! Thanks for sharing..
              no prob. actually I am not bro but no worries. cheers! Fitness is my other passion. P.S. I really dislike running. haha.
              [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Im planning to bring out my old bike (basic one; not like some hardcore bros here), anyone recommend what type of terrain i should start? Used to do some road cycling, followed by some medium sand mountain biking. Want something to work up a decent sweat
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by watchwerkz View Post
                  no prob. actually I am not bro but no worries. cheers! Fitness is my other passion. P.S. I really dislike running. haha.
                  Oppsss..... SOrry..

Comment

Interested in getting yourself back in shape?

Hello members of sg-roc,
                    feeling a little on the heavy side?

I can help you get back into shape!

I'm a freelance personal trainer, based in a new gym in the CBD.
                    No membership fees required!
                    All training sessions are one on one, fully personalized for you
                    Small group training sessions available at a special rate!
                    Flexible training times, by appointment only.

My Accreditation:

Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certified, The Singapore Life Saving Society (SLSS)

Basic Exercise Course , Singapore Sports Council

Federation of International Sports, Aerobics and Fitness (FISAF),
                    Certified Personal Trainer

Please contact me for more information.
                    HP:98890514

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

Im a personal trainer too at a commercial gym at town area. =)
                      As one of the top trainer in SG. I wear a Rolex GMT half gold....

Comment

Good for you!
                        I'm just posting around so yes, I don't know if that was sarcasm but its okay.

Comment

No la nt sarcasm .... this rolex forum ma..
                          Good to see another trainer here.

Comment

Oh okay can. No problem!

Comment

What kinds of job you are doing?

Comment

I have been trying to cut carbo if possible, but you know la in sg hard to find food without carbo , so most of the time will end up only mee hoon with fish , then do regular exercise , like running or weight lifting dumb bells , and some static push up , burpees kind of training. the problem is the weight just simple refuse to go down , can only maintain at 72kg , haz... don't know what else I need to do.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X