Barefoot Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

I have moved the thread to this folder which is more appropriate to your discussion.

Enjoy!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
      hi boobzpro, I will encourage you to continue. I went through the same thing as you. For almost 2 weeks, my calf muscles were strained because heel strike doesn't require calf muscles. And to use mid-foot, you need certain speed, whereby the pace will naturally go into mid-foot strike.

It is something that the body is re-learning. It was lost, and now is back. Endure and everything will be fine. Mid-foot run is better and it maintains the stamina pretty well. When I first started, I wasn't able to run 2.4km at all. Now I can run 20km with bare-foot already.
      ok will definitely persevere..btw did u try the terra plana vivobarefoot evo??

Comment

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
        would you land in mid-foot for walking and running barefooted?
        yes just talk about walking at home do not know if you notice it, you usually land on the front or mid foot.

Comment

calf muscles ache means you 'got do work'. you work out well. keep it up!! don't stop. after awhile you will be used to it.
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
            yes just talk about walking at home do not know if you notice it, you usually land on the front or mid foot.
            Noobzpro, where did you buy ur merrell vibram barefoot glove? Available in SG?
            My Timepieces:
            1) Seiko SNZG17K1
            2) Rolex 16570
            3) Rolex 116234
            3) Rolex 16613LB- Sold
            4) Rolex 116710LN
            5) Rolex 18239

Wishlist

PP 5712

Comment

yep. bought from stadium. its 139...for a vibram its a real steal...but i have to warn its really dam pain transitioning directly to it...u might wanna consider nike free run+ 2 which is a 5.0 before going right to a shoe glove..

Comment

BTW, another easier way to transit to barefoot or mid-foot running is to run with newton shoes. They have different level of difficulties and you can start with the beginner shoe.
                Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
                Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
                Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
                Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
                Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
                Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

wah i wanna say so many vulgarities le newton shoe sux!!!!!! bloody gimmick....its juz a shoe wif a higher front....tried em before and wasnt good at all still feel as supported as a normal shoe...the best transition so far still nike free series....

Comment

yep. bought from stadium. its 139...for a vibram its a real steal...but i have to warn its really dam pain transitioning directly to it...u might wanna consider nike free run+ 2 which is a 5.0 before going right to a shoe glove..
                    it is Trail glove? i went to Suntec and rail glove is selling for 159
                    My Timepieces:
                    1) Seiko SNZG17K1
                    2) Rolex 16570
                    3) Rolex 116234
                    3) Rolex 16613LB- Sold
                    4) Rolex 116710LN
                    5) Rolex 18239

Wishlist

PP 5712

Comment

bro noobzpro, your experience with newton is so bad huh? I had a friend 2 weeks before marathon, transit to Newton and finish his marathon.

I guess different people will have different experience with the Newton. I won't swear by newton but I find the beginner shoe is quite good for a newbie to start. I'm just wondering when you bought the shoe, did anyone actually explain to you how to use the shoe and etc...?

I had not tried Nike, so can't comment. Should give it a try if people out there has a good comment over it. Whatever it is, barefoot running is not going to be easy for a start. We started to run like this, lost it along the way due to whatever reasons it maybe, and now we are back to the it again.
                      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                      Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
                      Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
                      Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
                      Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
                      Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
                      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

all i noe is walk wif the shoes for about a week..i was actually planning go vibram five fingers but a frend told me to get nikes instead or its gonna hurt badly......haha when i saw vibram i too gian le now regret....just cant wait for my vivobarefoot to arrive...i am able to run wif the correct stride already but tend to get muscle ache after the run so yep progressing....but still feel like buying a nike free run+ 2 le....but i wan the nike id ones which sg dun have....coz i feel 5.0 too much i wan the 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by LaIn View Post
                          it is Trail glove? i went to Suntec and rail glove is selling for 159
                          nope im not using the trail thats more for trekking im using the merrell true glove...currently almost whole foot blisters wifout using socks..btw bro u transitioning or wat to barefoot running??

Comment

nope im not using the trail thats more for trekking im using the merrell true glove...currently almost whole foot blisters wifout using socks..btw bro u transitioning or wat to barefoot running??
                            Actually i got VFF sprint already. Just that need something to run further.
                            My Timepieces:
                            1) Seiko SNZG17K1
                            2) Rolex 16570
                            3) Rolex 116234
                            3) Rolex 16613LB- Sold
                            4) Rolex 116710LN
                            5) Rolex 18239

Wishlist

PP 5712

Comment

VFF can run up to 20km le. I waiting for vff speed sia lol. The merrell so far So good they have this anti odor thingy which really works. Very minimalist too. A lot place sold out the merrell I got mine from takashimaya outlet. But heard stocks were low. Another place can check is 313 there very big

Comment

I bought the trail glove. Now in testing period.
                                My Timepieces:
                                1) Seiko SNZG17K1
                                2) Rolex 16570
                                3) Rolex 116234
                                3) Rolex 16613LB- Sold
                                4) Rolex 116710LN
                                5) Rolex 18239

Wishlist

PP 5712

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse