Watch Collecting Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    strangely enough u post a new thread that is so similar to one i posted back then.
    Hahaha sorry, didn't know something similar was posted back then...
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

no worries.

after a short 6 years in this forum, there is one thing i realized. the more i think i know, the less i know.

i took the liberty to edit your post to highlight those in red is what i believe are the different experiences and i put them in point form so that if members like to share, they can refer to the point and share.

i agree with some of your points mentioned especially point 3. usually for me it takes me 2 months to pull the trigger on buying the watch. this is to ensure it is not an impulsive buy.

recently i managed to get a watch that i have been eyeing for 5 years. getting this watch has made me realized i have walk a full circle to where my first love is.

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
      Hahaha sorry, didn't know something similar was posted back then...
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        no worries.

after a short 6 years in this forum, there is one thing i realized. the more i think i know, the less i know.

i took the liberty to edit your post to highlight those in red is what i believe are the different experiences and i put them in point form so that if members like to share, they can refer to the point and share.

i agree with some of your points mentioned especially point 3. usually for me it takes me 2 months to pull the trigger on buying the watch. this is to ensure it is not an impulsive buy.

recently i managed to get a watch that i have been eyeing for 5 years. getting this watch has made me realized i have walk a full circle to where my first love is.
        Thanks! This is what the forum is for- a platform for us to learn more about watches. Finding out about the art of horology is a never ending quest
        "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

1) when you start collecting watches
          In 2008, when F1 came to S'pore. I was influenced by Oris (Williams) and Tag Heuer (Lewis Hamilton). Oris is my introduction to Swiss mechancal watches, but i do not own one.

2) what pieces you still have since then or have you given/pass to/ sold to someone else
          Rolex (Sub), Tag (Carrera Day Date) and Ball (Cannonball). All with me since day one.

3) your personal views on various brands
          Many views to discuss... If you want market value and prestige, only one brand, Rolex. Can't go wrong.

4) do you believe in going to AD or you prfer to go to independent seller
          AD for brand new, independent for pre-own.

5) do you prefer brand new or pre-owned pieces
          Depends on the brand and budget.

6) particular complications that interests you
          Flying tourbillion.

7) do you buy because of branding?
          No. But i do own a Tag :P

8) would you dare to venture into relatively unknown brands
          No. Not a rich guy.

9) What i aim in the future?
          Blancpain (Villeret), Panerai (111) and JLC (Reverso).
          It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
          Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
          Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
          Jimmy Dean

Comment

Have met up with lotsa wonderful people through a common passion for watches.

I think for me it can be Condensed in a short sentence.

What you wear on your wrist do not define you, but how you make others feel does.

Comment

1) when you start collecting watches
              1982, Jan after i got my first pay check, bought the Citizen automatic diver watch. mostly i into diving watches and last 10 yrs into GMT and Chrono

2) Citizen automatic diver.

3) The brands are all looking alike and even the specs u also can't trust. even brands that i grown up with also can't be trusted anymore!

4) do you believe in going to AD or you prfer to go to independent seller
              Depends on the model i am looking for

5) do you prefer brand new or pre-owned pieces
              Depends on the model

6) particular complications that interests you
              nil - coz high service cost

7) do you buy because of branding?
              No.

8) would you dare to venture into relatively unknown brands
              yes, like Sinn watches way bck

9) What i aim in the future?
              thinking of quitting,

Comment