Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u PROUD of Singapore's Olympics Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are u PROUD of Singapore's Olympics Win?

As above, are you proud?? Singapore wins silver medal after 48 yrs using imported players.. Ur views pls.
    YES!
    36.00%
    NO!
    48.00%
    Can't be bothered.
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

"夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Nah...doesnt affect me...cant be bothered

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

OK la we pay for it 1 ma
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Even the pm is heaping praises upon praises on them like there's no tomorrow, what more to say

Comment

there is always 2 sides to a coin.

how many singaporeans is willing to choose to excel in sports compared to education and have a stable job in future?

in a country like singapore, sports is not a way out of poverty. education seems the logical choice.

there is only the few that i can recall - the young cyclist who was left with his grandma's inheritence who wanted her grandson to chase his dream.

there is remy ong in bowlling.there are also the selected few in sailing.

we have to be honest that it is very hard to compete in sports where physical, strength endurance plays a part. take for example swimming, u need to be tall, lean and mean. how many singaporeans can have this kind of physique.

our population is so small compared to japan who can at least produced a olympic swimmer.

yes, these foreign may not be singapore born by birth. but they are willing to work to towards an olympic dream. we have to give them credit where due. why? because i will not give up my education to pursue sports excellence.

some foreign talent may come and use singapore as a stepping stone. but what can we do, every individual is unique. it is the same thing when sporeans send their children overseas to study and gain working experience while working overseas. some have taken up other country's PR and come back to live in SG.

at the end of the day, i respect the individual who sacrifice so much of their time in pursuit for sports excellence. cause i dont think i can stand waking up to train @ 5am, go to school @ 730am and back to the pool for training in the evening.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

As I had said before, I am PROUD that Singapore is rich and able to pay FT sportmen/women to win for us a silver... not every country can do that hoh...

Comment

Gd view by Bro..
              If LHL is ard here reading this posting he will feel so elated.......
              But to me it makes no difference....
              It just proves that the gov policy is effective as always...
              Want to get medal we import talent...
              Want to stay competitive we import talent....
              Want to save local jobs we import talent...
              Then i want to ask what the heck are we being here in sg in the first place?
              Cheez...Just some grouses.....
              Have nice day guys...
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Tomaski33 View Post
                Gd view by Bro..
                Have nice day guys...
                Our being here is very important.......pay the MIW's sky high salaries LOLLL!!!!!!

Just a little bit more whining.

Comment

LHL saying some logic regarding ERP charges are beneficial for us..Mindf**king at its best. Bringin down road tax for car owners then ERP to take back..Utter nonsense.
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                    As above, are you proud?? Singapore wins silver medal after 48 yrs using imported players.. Ur views pls.
                    proud meh? olympics is all about spirit of the game..not just paying money to get medals..like that all rich countries can jolly well do that..import the best from each sport then all win gold medals..

how about import the whole spain national team to play for world cup? i am sure temasek can afford that..

Comment

Originally posted by Tomaski33 View Post
                      Gd view by Bro..
                      If LHL is ard here reading this posting he will feel so elated.......
                      But to me it makes no difference....
                      It just proves that the gov policy is effective as always...
                      Want to get medal we import talent...
                      Want to stay competitive we import talent....
                      Want to save local jobs we import talent...
                      Have nice day guys...
                      i still dunno why foreigners will provide jobs for locals leh..more like stealing jobs from NS slaves..

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

how many singaporeans is willing to choose to excel in sports compared to education and have a stable job in future?

in a country like singapore, sports is not a way out of poverty. education seems the logical choice.

there is only the few that i can recall - the young cyclist who was left with his grandma's inheritence who wanted her grandson to chase his dream.

we have to be honest that it is very hard to compete in sports where physical, strength endurance plays a part. take for example swimming, u need to be tall, lean and mean. how many singaporeans can have this kind of physique.

our population is so small compared to japan who can at least produced a olympic swimmer.

yes, these foreign may not be singapore born by birth. but they are willing to work to towards an olympic dream. we have to give them credit where due. why? because i will not give up my education to pursue sports excellence.

some foreign talent may come and use singapore as a stepping stone. but what can we do, every individual is unique. it is the same thing when sporeans send their children overseas to study and gain working experience while working overseas. some have taken up other country's PR and come back to live in SG.

at the end of the day, i respect the individual who sacrifice so much of their time in pursuit for sports excellence. cause i dont think i can stand waking up to train @ 5am, go to school @ 730am and back to the pool for training in the evening.

how about feng tianwei? she came in during apr 2004 and got citizenship in jan 2008..played for singapore in aug 2008..does she know about national pledge and song? is she playing for country or money? how patroitic can she be by staying in singapore for 1 years 4 months?

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

... wow... same thot leh ... hahahha

these sport individual hv my respect! for them it's their passion and need a country to excel...

imagine, 50 individual fighting for say 5 slots; train since young, at early teens, u are told u cant make it to the national team, wht u do frm there ? find a place tht can take u loh..... a huge big courages step for them... i think we jst need to gv them some space to develop/ excel...put them in yr shoe u will feel differently.

as if i am proud or not, well yes, cos local born or not, they still represent singapore.... similar to say Arsenal tht i support, a english club, but most players non-english ... and of cos, some ppl will jst hv a dig at them ... hahahha

Comment

did i mention anything about patriotism?
                            did i mention anything about national pledge and song?
                            did i mention anything playing for country or money?
                            i only mentioned that we have to give them the respect for the hardwork they put in.

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                            how about feng tianwei? she came in during apr 2004 and got citizenship in jan 2008..played for singapore in aug 2008..does she know about national pledge and song? is she playing for country or money? how patroitic can she be by staying in singapore for 1 years 4 months?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

ermm.. what has ERP got to do with Olympic?

anyway since u want to talk abt ERP...what BETTER suggestion you have to solve the problem of very jammed roads here? if you have some good and workable solutions, I'm sure ppl will listen.

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                              LHL saying some logic regarding ERP charges are beneficial for us..Mindf**king at its best. Bringin down road tax for car owners then ERP to take back..Utter nonsense.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X