No announcement yet.

Discussion : Singapore Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If US experts (read on yahoo) foresee the recession to last between 3-5 yrs, assuming one being optimistic, it will still last about 3 yrs. I doubt the private property market would be resilient for that long a duration. I will feel it will drop by at least 20% within this year and then stabalise or drip less drastically for the years after that. However, for Govt properties like HDBs, it will definitely not be that drastic. Cos its the pillar of the property industry.

Market corrections are usually drastic in the short term, so I am still "shopping" around but will pull the trigger during year end only.

Lets see how it goes

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by ahwoon View Post
      The pricing is abt $1100/ sqf. They claimed it's already discount.
      For unit of 1 bedroom + 1 study is around 517sqf, cost around 560K.

Heard from agent it's already 80% sold, left those bigger unit like PH. Now market so bad, dun know they got "big hole" or not. haha..

Reason why I buy the condo is I've stayed in this area for many years since young, and it's walking distance to my mum house. It's also convienient access to Dowson, Ikea, Queensway and city.
      The plot of land used to be shophouses: kopi tiam, 7-11 and UOB bank.
      Stay in with good health

Comment

AHwoon,

Soka.. SInce your purchase is based on other reason rather than one who is trying to capitalise on the weak property market, then your decision and priorities would definitely be entirely different to one who is lookg to take advantage of the property market.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          If US experts (read on yahoo) foresee the recession to last between 3-5 yrs, assuming one being optimistic, it will still last about 3 yrs. I doubt the private property market would be resilient for that long a duration. I will feel it will drop by at least 20% within this year and then stabalise or drip less drastically for the years after that. However, for Govt properties like HDBs, it will definitely not be that drastic. Cos its the pillar of the property industry.

Market corrections are usually drastic in the short term, so I am still "shopping" around but will pull the trigger during year end only.

Lets see how it goes
          dun be surprised HDB drop by a similar margin to private. hdb prices are "manipulated" by hdb valuations, but traded based on premium or discount to valuation. if the 99 leasehold suburban versus hdb spread gets too narrow, hdb prices will not hold. check out some areas and you will see baseline support for outlaying is near, using just hdb-99 spread.....check out yishun, sembawang....that is first area to converge. now CCK and some other areas starting to emerge. either these 99 have reached support levels OR HDB overpriced...
          It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
          Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            Sorry to be straightforward...$1100 is not really a bargain... After watching the news, I think the developer has successfully created a "buy now or no more later" from the launch. Good job! But I think there are plenty of $1000++ property in the market now... later I think the market in the similar area will go around $700+ when more TOPs and new launches....

But after all, buy what you like and happy is more important!
            queens and anchorage trading in high 800s to mid 900s. so for brand new condo, on a RELATIVE basis, its not pricey. and we got have reverted back to the days when studios and 2 bedders are more expensive on psf basis versus bigger units. that "starta-title" premium was distorted during the boom years, and was inverted. so again, it is not pricey basis that.

in terms of rentals, using sgd2k per month as a yardstick for rental, thats over 4% yield. $2000/500psf gives you $4psf, go check out ura site on average psf yield.
            It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
            Alexander Pope

Comment

Correct! If HDB overpriced, people how to get married???

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
              dun be surprised HDB drop by a similar margin to private. hdb prices are "manipulated" by hdb valuations, but traded based on premium or discount to valuation. if the 99 leasehold suburban versus hdb spread gets too narrow, hdb prices will not hold. check out some areas and you will see baseline support for outlaying is near, using just hdb-99 spread.....check out yishun, sembawang....that is first area to converge. now CCK and some other areas starting to emerge. either these 99 have reached support levels OR HDB overpriced...

Comment

Originally posted by ahwoon View Post
                The pricing is abt $1100/ sqf. They claimed it's already discount.
                For unit of 1 bedroom + 1 study is around 517sqf, cost around 560K.

Heard from agent it's already 80% sold, left those bigger unit like PH. Now market so bad, dun know they got "big hole" or not. haha..

Reason why I buy the condo is I've stayed in this area for many years since young, and it's walking distance to my mum house. It's also convienient access to Dowson, Ikea, Queensway and city.
                The plot of land used to be shophouses: kopi tiam, 7-11 and UOB bank.
                the condo i saw at river valley road is also $1100 psf...each to his own...
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

The only reason I can think of why this particular property is so popular is because of the smaller units, which makes owning a private property more 'reachable' la. Otherwise base on psf rates, can get a better deal elsewhere.

Comment

River Valley Condo's got a lot of mamasan, nightclub hostess, prost......staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                      james, river gate can get at S$900psf. hopefully, my en-bloc timing is just nice so that i can buy the unit there.

now en-bloc go to high court cos got one owner refuse to sell.....strata board approved the en-bloc already.
                      think the one i saw is RVS..something like that...but Rivergate's price is pretty attractive just that the development is a big one...
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by icecream View Post
                        The only reason I can think of why this particular property is so popular is because of the smaller units, which makes owning a private property more 'reachable' la. Otherwise base on psf rates, can get a better deal elsewhere.
                        thats very true. Same thing happening everywhere, which is why i dont advise new dwellings as a investment purchase.

Im considering a place in Oz, but have the same dilemma.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Like to hear your commets bros and sis

For district 10 and 11, how much PSF u forsee the market will drop to in this down turn for a 99yr leasehold and a freehold?
                          How much gap between the two would you consider one over the other?
                          Like d10 900psf for FH and 650psf for 99yrs?
                          Above a just my expectation hor.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            Like to hear your commets bros and sis

For district 10 and 11, how much PSF u forsee the market will drop to in this down turn for a 99yr leasehold and a freehold?
                            How much gap between the two would you consider one over the other?
                            Like d10 900psf for FH and 650psf for 99yrs?
                            Above a just my expectation hor.
                            will consider if ..
                            d10 ( in town ) .. below 900psf can consider. ( freehold ) ;p
                            d10... bt timah ( 6th ave area to KAP ) below 750psf ( freehold )
                            d23 .. hillview area below 550psf. ( freehold )

but hor, market really bad, trying to rent a brand new unit ( in town ) out for some time leow, still no takers

past couple of months, bring my dad near tts for medical treatment ( twice weekly ) ... tts area change alot, so many new apt at thomson, balestier area, wonder spore got so much population for the take up or not ..hmmm

Comment

Wah!!! U more hiong than me ah. U really feel that bukit timah D10 freehold will drop to that level? Of course I do hope as well. I do see that he posibility is extremely high but it just me with my own analysis. I duno if I am alone here though.
                              Originally posted by pet View Post
                              will consider if ..
                              d10 ( in town ) .. below 900psf can consider. ( freehold ) ;p
                              d10... bt timah ( 6th ave area to KAP ) below 750psf ( freehold )
                              d23 .. hillview area below 550psf. ( freehold )

but hor, market really bad, trying to rent a brand new unit ( in town ) out for some time leow, still no takers

past couple of months, bring my dad near tts for medical treatment ( twice weekly ) ... tts area change alot, so many new apt at thomson, balestier area, wonder spore got so much population for the take up or not ..hmmm

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Me hdb also bo lui buy.....
                                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X