• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid around this price in 2004....

now is 2009...

Originally posted by pet View Post
    will consider if ..
    d10 ( in town ) .. below 900psf can consider. ( freehold ) ;p
    d10... bt timah ( 6th ave area to KAP ) below 750psf ( freehold )
    d23 .. hillview area below 550psf. ( freehold )

but hor, market really bad, trying to rent a brand new unit ( in town ) out for some time leow, still no takers

past couple of months, bring my dad near tts for medical treatment ( twice weekly ) ... tts area change alot, so many new apt at thomson, balestier area, wonder spore got so much population for the take up or not ..hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      I paid around this price in 2004....

now is 2009...
      Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      Wah!!! U more hiong than me ah. U really feel that bukit timah D10 freehold will drop to that level? Of course I do hope as well. I do see that he posibility is extremely high but it just me with my own analysis. I duno if I am alone here though.
      hahah ... no hiong lah... go bck to those pre-siow pricing only mah ... hee

hillview already less thn 650, with some development less thn 600.

bt timah, nexus. maplewoods ... abt 900 to 1200.. i think some bigger and some odd units less thn 900

Comment

why keep targeing psf?? psf is only a relative concept....think in terms of yield lah. but mark my words.....condos in dist 10 in the last 2 booms an 1 bust, always first to react. so if you are after a high beta property, go for newton clusters and farrer/bukittimah clusters. for landed, 6th ave and serangon gardens and katong first to turn
        It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
        Alexander Pope

Comment

Like to hear your commets bros and sis

For district 10 and 11, how much PSF u forsee the market will drop to in this down turn for a 99yr leasehold and a freehold?
          How much gap between the two would you consider one over the other?
          Like d10 900psf for FH and 650psf for 99yrs?
          Above a just my expectation hor.
          the leasehold/freehold spread is not as prevalent these days....the UK courts are ruling on leaseholds extentions and topics along with it. expect these to filter down to singapore. some landed properties in singapore in pockets of bukit timah and bedok have only ard low 20 years left....their lease top ups would have long lasting implications for singapore property scene.

many 99 choice leasehold condos ahve already outperform no prime location FHs in one property bull cycle.

if you r buying for own stay, might as well pay less and get more space.

DK
          It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
          Alexander Pope

Comment

CORRTECT!!!!
            bro, what about Orchard, Cairnhill area??

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
            why keep targeing psf?? psf is only a relative concept....think in terms of yield lah. but mark my words.....condos in dist 10 in the last 2 booms an 1 bust, always first to react. so if you are after a high beta property, go for newton clusters and farrer/bukittimah clusters. for landed, 6th ave and serangon gardens and katong first to turn

Comment

Well the reason for targeting psf to me is not a relative concept, it helps to normalise the value of a district and hence identifying / giving a gauge of its worth versus another district.
              I agree that yield term is the ultimate measurement but for an investment perspective, I would still fall on the psf as a guide regardless.

I too am hoping that D10 prices are first to react... still waiting to pounce when the opportunity arise.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

CORRTECT!!!!
                bro, what about Orchard, Cairnhill area??
                cainhill area is always a puzzle. in terms of address desirability around orchard area, pecking order would be ardmore, orange grove, patersonfollow by cainhil....but to be frank, thats just not correct. firstly cairnhill on higher ground and also even closer to main orchard road. and cairnhill is dominated by just 2 developers so price control is good. however, perhaps people prefer near town but not that near....so ardmore and paterson seems to historically command higher prices. moreoverm Cairnhill also had older apartments, thus lower prices but that area has gone thu alot of redevelopment.

neverthless, i cannot with hand to heart pay that kinda of prices. pre 2004 start of bull run, in remember cairnhill/peck hay versus balmoral spread was very narrow, like for like aged apartments was like 50psf difference. now its gone ballistic.
                Alexander Pope

Comment

Thanks for the in-dept thoughts....
                  With the Stock market keep falling downing these days, I am not surprised that property market will drop back to 2004 level....

cainhill area is always a puzzle. in terms of address desirability around orchard area, pecking order would be ardmore, orange grove, patersonfollow by cainhil....but to be frank, thats just not correct. firstly cairnhill on higher ground and also even closer to main orchard road. and cairnhill is dominated by just 2 developers so price control is good. however, perhaps people prefer near town but not that near....so ardmore and paterson seems to historically command higher prices. moreoverm Cairnhill also had older apartments, thus lower prices but that area has gone thu alot of redevelopment.

neverthless, i cannot with hand to heart pay that kinda of prices. pre 2004 start of bull run, in remember cairnhill/peck hay versus balmoral spread was very narrow, like for like aged apartments was like 50psf difference. now its gone ballistic.

Comment

Thanks for the in-dept thoughts....
                    With the Stock market keep falling downing these days, I am not surprised that property market will drop back to 2004 level....
                    we are already at 2004 levels for some areas. target between newton and maplewoods....look out for any dislocations in prices. u will be surprised at some prices being quoted in the brokered market.
                    Alexander Pope

Comment

U think so?? I still feel we are still only at the beginning...

Mind elaborating further what do you mean by "any dislocations in prices. u will be surprised at some prices being quoted in the brokered market"

So far, only 1 unit I've viewed have lowered the psf to a level I feel reasonable. The rest still hovering around 1k psf range

we are already at 2004 levels for some areas. target between newton and maplewoods....look out for any dislocations in prices. u will be surprised at some prices being quoted in the brokered market.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Property owners now still have holding power... wait till all new condo TOP... when all these properties TOP... there will be not as many as expats coming to singapore to work... many of these owners will not be able to sell nor rent out their units... some of these owners are foreigners and they will withdraw their investment and rather the "cheaper" properties in States, Japan... some of them (foreigners or locals) might not be able to service their loans of the apts... some smaller developer companies might go busted due to cash flow problem... after all these happen, prices will plump...

U think so?? I still feel we are still only at the beginning...

Mind elaborating further what do you mean by "any dislocations in prices. u will be surprised at some prices being quoted in the brokered market"

So far, only 1 unit I've viewed have lowered the psf to a level I feel reasonable. The rest still hovering around 1k psf range

Comment

If you're talking abt Maplewoods along BT, I remember seeing 1 unit asking for 960k around June/July 08 iirc. That particular unit was on the 4th storey though.

Comment

wats the area?

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Bukit timah road.... after 6th ave before McDonald....

wats the area?

Comment

No I mean I was asking Ice-cream whats the the psf (area).. I know where Maplewood is lah. ;P

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X