No announcement yet.

Discussion : Singapore Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the end, just like watches, if an opportunity comes up for you with a property that speaks to you, at a price that's comfortable to you. BUY IT. Because if you keep waiting, you may never get your first choice, or like technology, if you always feel that by waiting you can get something better then it is likely that you will end up getting nothing or a compromise instead.

So what the heck, trigger when it's something you really want. Because at the end of the day, even if you're flipping, you'll like to know that you've got is something that you yourself would wanna have, because if not, why would others?

Comment

It's not always about prices. If you like a particular location, there may be no sellers. That place could be near your childhood home, your mother in law's place, or near a good school. If a property in that locale comes up, then one has to take the step to buy, even though the price has not fallen so drastically.

Comment

It is all about CREDIT ... a matter of how much the bank evaluate the price of the property and amount comfortable they loan to buyer....

Compared to major cities like SHANGHAI, BEIJING, etc. our property price is considered cheap already I guess

Comment

buy a property you and your family loves....and within your means....whether it goes up or down doesnt really make much of a difference becos you are going to live through another so called 7 yrs property cycle...

i bought my condo early 2008...people say too expensive...blah blah...

i got to enjoy my condo for 1 yr and people are 'waiting' for the perfect time to buy 1...but as long as i can afford it....why care about the 'sour grapes' people?

remember this...there is no perfect time...if the price and location suits you and you can afford it...go for it...

if you intend to flip the condo or thinking that its a temporary lodging...then wait until end of this year...prices will soften further....
          Watches kept for the next generation...
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
          Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
          Omega Speedmaster Date
          Sinn U1

Comment

Interesting views so far....

Well for me, I am very comfortable where I am, and am looking to make an investment on a property where I know would reap a difference of >$200psf. Affordability is a concern and in this gloom industry, we have to be prudent but I do see this as a window of opportunity. One may have to be working and saving every single cent you earn to have a cold hard cash of >$300k in 5 yr. Hence this is a window of opportunity. Of course one should NEVER do an investment of such degree if its beyond one's ability / means.

I too agree that there is a 7yr (min) cycle to the property fluctuation. If you can participate once every 7 yrs to grow your savings, I think its a very good opportunity.

My take is that it will get worse that what we are at now...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Much worse... trust me... when the data is released... the whole market will collapse... supply is way over demand...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post

Comment

Thats what I am hoping to hear... abit ORH SIM lah but its time the rich lose some money right?? hahaa

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Well for me, I am very comfortable where I am, and am looking to make an investment on a property where I know would reap a difference of >$200psf. Affordability is a concern and in this gloom industry, we have to be prudent but I do see this as a window of opportunity. One may have to be working and saving every single cent you earn to have a cold hard cash of >$300k in 5 yr. Hence this is a window of opportunity. Of course one should NEVER do an investment of such degree if its beyond one's ability / means.

I too agree that there is a 7yr (min) cycle to the property fluctuation. If you can participate once every 7 yrs to grow your savings, I think its a very good opportunity.

IMHO, it's not time to buy any property yet...even the prices of recent fraser centrepoint's mass market condo launch at jurong (today's ST) are still too high...
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

jazz_samz, the rich one will not lose much as they have the holding power. Those who lose money are those will can't get loans, can't pay up their installments, etc...

Thats what I am hoping to hear... abit ORH SIM lah but its time the rich lose some money right?? hahaa

Comment

i sold my first apartment i lived for 2.5 yrs at a small profit of 200k...therefore i am staying where i am staying now....

i am now waiting for the right opportunity to buy the 2nd property...but for now...i am happy where i am living now....

please note that when i bot my first private apt...i just want a home for me and wifey...then the property mkt just boomed...and i upgraded...haha...

now i have to keep my job...make sure i have enough to pay for the monthly instalments and if i have extra...BUY more watches!!!

anyways my property is freehold therefore i think i have enough to hold out until the next boom...
                      Watches kept for the next generation...
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                      Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                      Omega Speedmaster Date
                      Sinn U1

Comment

bro, to make $200K profit (assuming $200psf and area is 1000psf)...u can try flipping HDB if you own one now or buy a HDB (easier to get loan or just rent it out until the next boom then sell it).hahaaha...too bad, you can only do it twice thru HDB

my parents' 4 room flat at tampines already make this much now even at times like this...
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Any private property you guys eyeing? I'm waiting for the one near redhill MRT, developer should be WingTai.
                          Current Inventory
                          Explorer II Black (M)
                          Submariner LV (M)
                          Datejust TT
                          Omega Speedmaster Date
                          Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

Nowadays for HDB its rather difficult to reap such profit in a short time, moreover, there are strings attached like 5 yr occupancy.

Currently, HDB prices are still alittle high and resilent.. so its a good time to sell if you want to reinvest on a private property...

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                            bro, to make $200K profit (assuming $200psf and area is 1000psf)...u can try flipping HDB if you own one now or buy a HDB (easier to get loan or just rent it out until the next boom then sell it).hahaaha...too bad, you can only do it twice thru HDB

my parents' 4 room flat at tampines already make this much now even at times like this...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Looking at around scotts, draycott, leonie area if possible, else Thomson or outskirt of Orchard would be also good targets for me...
                              Originally posted by ahwoon View Post
                              Any private property you guys eyeing? I'm waiting for the one near redhill MRT, developer should be WingTai.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Here is a report from Citigroup which might be of interest. IMO, the report is quite bearish. But I find the historical prices and charts useful as a reference.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4106889/SGP-Property-Report
                                Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X