No announcement yet.

What Shares To Invest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my take on this: hold on abit, and dont jump in if you are not prepared to lose the money. in times like this, you can make a fortune, but at the same time lose it too.

i am currently eyeing mining shares (bluechips) on my side, on the expectation that the mining boom will still go strong thanks to india/china growth.

on the other hand, i would also like to consider some shares in finance/banking sector - but since i am a risk adverse type person, i will wait for a while.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Just wondering ah.. what's gonna happen to those minibond holders?

Comment

agreed. that is why i cannot make sense. some markets up, some markets down, yet sg market up so much. dont understand.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
        Be careful of false dawn... How the reasue plans works out is still to be seen.

I'm not a pessimist. Just a realist. But at least there is something to cheer about in the short term. All rescue packages comes at a cost. Someone has to pay sooner or later. And its not going to be the politicians (who will look good looking like heroes)... but the taxpayers. The effects of this crisis will be far reaching...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Anyone got stuck with FerroChina Shares?...Likely going into Liquidation if can't find finances after suspension...

Comment

hi guys, need your advise on whether can buy "Cosco" and "Hyflux" shares, are they stable?

Comment

If someone here tells you to buy "Cosco" and "Hyflux", don't listen to them...
              If someone here tells you to buy Rolex, trust them...

My 2cents...

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
              hi guys, need your advise on whether can buy "Cosco" and "Hyflux" shares, are they stable?

Comment

WOHOO!!! Dow up by 6.2% at almost noon in US!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Today, damn glad especially with SembMar.. kekekekkekeke
                Capland 8.8% and Singtel 5.4%

Hope it will be as good a day tomorrow as it was today....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Bro... nothing is stable now lah....

Originally posted by daveevan View Post

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Nope.. bottom line is you have to KNOW what you are doing and definitely a good broker helps alot... Enjoying yr watches will only be a temporary relief but it surely won't get you more watches
                    For you bro, you should hibernate.....
                    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Bottom line here...enjoy your watches
                    I agree but there are good opportunities to capture when the hopes are high and cash out within a short span of time.. my definition of "immediate stocks"... I reckon its okay to take measured risk but not go for the kill in hope to make back losses... a gambler's mentality will only result in deeper losses....

I'm not a pessimist. Just a realist. But at least there is something to cheer about in the short term. All rescue packages comes at a cost. Someone has to pay sooner or later. And its not going to be the politicians (who will look good looking like heroes)... but the taxpayers. The effects of this crisis will be far reaching...
                    IMHO, Singapore stock market fundamentals are very different from Aus... Our economy are driven differently but definitely if it the global economic market slump till an extend of a MELTDOWN, it won't be wise to NOT jump ship if your holding stocks aren't the pillars blue chips of that respective stock exchange. Cutting loss then will only free up funds for you to take up better opportunities. Holding on to a heavy blue chip stock may set you back yrs to recover its losses....
                    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    my take on this: hold on abit, and dont jump in if you are not prepared to lose the money. in times like this, you can make a fortune, but at the same time lose it too.

i am currently eyeing mining shares (bluechips) on my side, on the expectation that the mining boom will still go strong thanks to india/china growth.

on the other hand, i would also like to consider some shares in finance/banking sector - but since i am a risk adverse type person, i will wait for a while.
                    Again, IMHO, our stock market is generally taking the lead of N225, HSI and some extend ASX... STI should be the strongest index when compared to other SEA Stock Markets, so even if the others in this region are down, it is not necessarily so for STI.
                    N225 maybe down 9.6% but their Yen is counter balancing the impact... It won't be too good a scenario for JPN if both N225 and Yen are performing aggressively at this economic climate as its only the opening day of the week AFTER a collapse last week. I am looking at the Yen's impact used in Global trading.
                    If DOW closes positive by at least 5%, I think N225 will do well tomorrow and hopefully the rest of Asia... (at least for tomorrow for now...) Lets pray and hope...
                    Originally posted by triton View Post
                    agreed. that is why i cannot make sense. some markets up, some markets down, yet sg market up so much. dont understand.
                    Good luck to all for tomorrow....
                    Last edited by jazz_samz; 14-10-08, 12:18 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Good morning. Signs look good. Let's all hope for a good day today. US did well as a whole last nite and so did FTSE.
                      I will be going GA GA today.
                      Last edited by jazz_samz; 14-10-08, 08:48 AM. Reason: hint

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

bro..how abt currency? aussie dollar now 1-1 against sgd..

wanted to buy 10k on AUD FD at 0.96 last fri, missed the chance..then today 1.04 liao..

Comment

ha ha... bro... I tired to buy but no stock... got but selling at 1.06

Originally posted by leslie View Post

wanted to buy 10k on AUD FD at 0.96 last fri, missed the chance..then today 1.04 liao..

Comment

Thanks rooster...

Not too bad a day Hope everyone made something today...
                            Anybody gone GAGA with me???
                            Last edited by jazz_samz; 14-10-08, 01:54 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Bought NOL and SemMar last friday... Sold before stock market go for lunch today...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post

Action speaks louder than words. I went in already.
                                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X