Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A show of hands at the anniversary is not a good indicator. IMHO.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Or do a show of hands at the anniversary dinner

Comment

We as members can express our opinion, the ultimate decision still lies with the owners. If I don't the rewards, I don't join. Simple. It does not mean other people don't like.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
      Why don't we just all vote to decide what kind of reward system is best for ROC?

Comment

5000 points for $5 voucher, it does sound like capital land mall vouchers right? You spend money in their malls, you accumulate points. These points = $.

Now, you don't spend anything, you get vouchers just by posting. Which is more economical?

Then can you suggest what is a good thread?

Originally posted by Rolex116613
        Frankly speaking.
        5000 points for a $5 voucher doesn't motivate anybody to be more active.
        I rather have 1 good quality thread per week n the winner will recieve $50 voucher.
        I know $50 might be low to some others, but it is better to have 1 good thread than 1 million thread that asking about where to buy rolex, what price for this watch, where to buy watch in africa.F
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

of course i am concern. if i say $5 for winner for a thread, would you contribute? if i say $50 for a winner, is it too much?

likewise, what is considered a good thread? it is subjective. this is because, if admin see no threads of quality, then there is no reward, will members cry foul?

My idea is on the basis that sg-roc just want to reward members or give something to members in appreciation of their support. Hence my consideration is to keep it simple. There is no need to even "submit" to participate. The moderators/admin just pick some threads from a certain pre-defined period for voting. All that need to be done is for the forum to announce such contest, its judging criteria etc and hopefully some members will put in a little more effort in their thread and collectively raise the bar of this forum a bit.

I see that you are still very concerned about what prize is most appropriate, and what way of short listing/voting/deciding the winner is fairest etc. If so maybe it is better to drop this idea.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by b1ackop5 View Post
            We as members can express our opinion, the ultimate decision still lies with the owners. If I don't the rewards, I don't join. Simple. It does not mean other people don't like.
            I think we all understand that. I just find it strange that each time when I thought we have some good exchange of ideas in the feedback forum, someone will jump out to remind us this.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

take a step back and look at the whole picture.

the objective is to reward forum members through some means. if you look at the way some members are posting to clock points, it is clearly abusing the system. that is why we took it down to re-design the model.

you are all looking from members view. don't forget that you are going to be rewarded by merchants in the real commercial world. if we make it too easy to let members accumulate points, then these merchants are not going to offer you the rewards. make it too hard, then members will feel that the goal is unattainable. that is why i say there need to be a balance. this balance that needs to be struck, which means that the forum administration have to discuss with the merchants. remember that i have said before, sg-roc is providing a platform.

put yourself in a commercial entity view, do you think that members who just post threads and content without involving the commercial entity should be rewarded? the simple answer is no unless it is purely for marketing purpose.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

You too honest with your views? You too have said it yourself.

This thread is about reward isn't it? So my idea is about driving/encouraging desired content quality by rewards. True, there is no benchmark on what a quality post/thread is. Different people may also have their own different opinion of quality. Ultimately the forum owners have to decide what culture and image they want the forum to have and drive towards those.
                I think we all understand that. I just find it strange that each time when I thought we have some good exchange of ideas in the feedback forum, someone will jump out to remind us this.
                Last edited by b1ackop5; 03-06-13, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  of course i am concern. if i say $5 for winner for a thread, would you contribute? if i say $50 for a winner, is it too much?

likewise, what is considered a good thread? it is subjective. this is because, if admin see no threads of quality, then there is no reward, will members cry foul?
                  Some of the questions you ask I have touched on earlier in this thread, including the point that an award could be omitted when there are not enough quality entries and that the forum could be more transparent in the criteria to avoid complaints.

Nevertheless you have managed to convince me that my idea sucks and therefore I would like to withdraw my suggestion totally and exit this discussion.

Comment

You too honest with your views? You too have said it yourself.
                    I don't really understand your point. Most of my posts in the later part are to answer the questions from the admin. In case someone try to accuse me for trying to force through my idea.

Comment

No benchmark for quality posts how to decide what rewards for voted threads. Honestly, I cannot find a thread in the past week that is good enough to even suggest it is good enough. Do you happen to find one to share with me?

Where I see it needs improvement is the quality of contributions to bring it to the next level.
                      True, there is no benchmark on what a quality post/thread is. Different people may also have their own different opinion of quality. Ultimately the forum owners have to decide what culture and image they want the forum to have and drive towards those.

My earlier example is just a concept, and can be varied according to the available resources and the focused area(s) of the forum. As in most awards, a best whatever thread award should be a judges-decision-is-final kind of award so I don't think members are going to question the decision. If the forum want to be more transparent, it can always make known to member the judging criteria - that would also help to communicate what the forum is actually looking for. For example, for the best showcase award, more points could be given for creativity and originality, and less for photography, to emphasize that it is not a photography contest.

Comment

you have mentioned about quality, which is why i ask in return what is a good criteria. there is no clear cut answers given. by setting criteria, it will transparent. as you can see, it is hard to be transparent.

Some of the questions you ask I have touched on earlier in this thread, including the point that an award could be omitted when there are not enough quality entries and that the forum could be more transparent in the criteria to avoid complaints.

Nevertheless you have managed to convince me that my idea sucks and therefore I would like to withdraw my suggestion totally and exit this discussion.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

No benchmark for quality posts how to decide what rewards for voted threads. Honestly, I cannot find a thread in the past week that is good enough to even suggest it is good enough. Do you happen to find one to share with me?
                          Whoever you are, if you are showing up for the good of this forum, let's not start another war in this thread.

I was here to share an idea not to hard sell it.

Comment

since other members is not able to give a benchmark, can you provide some benchmark?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Useful threads does not mean quality such as this one

this useful information thread

Useless threads like this

not worth to be considered threads

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              since other members is not able to give a benchmark, can you provide some benchmark?

Comment

I will not participate in this thread discussion till there are further development from the forum in case I am accuse of starting a war.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X