Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you for your suggestion. will look into it.

Originally posted by b1ackop5 View Post
    Useful threads does not mean quality such as this one

this useful information thread

Useless threads like this

not worth to be considered threads
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i dont think anyone wants to start a 'war'.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Whoever you are, if you are showing up for the good of this forum, let's not start another war in this thread.

I was here to share an idea not to hard sell it.
      watch too much fast & furious? take it easy mate.

Originally posted by b1ackop5 View Post
      I will not participate in this thread discussion till there are further development from the forum in case I am accuse of starting a war.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I don't agree with you leh. If now don't say hor, later raw rice becomes cooked rice. Then game over for us members. Now what we say maybe can make a difference. Once the rice is cooked, hard to change.

Originally posted by Hiroki
        Yes like I said, if not going to happen, no need to talk anymore: throwing a challenge to SG ROC, who am I to do that: and you sound like outstanding forum lawyer:

Comment

are your suggestions along this line for threads like this one and another one by decksurgeon?

sg-roc can consider giving a prize/voucher

Talking about showcase, the judges might want to consider giving marks for the effort to also write something interesting (such as experience/motivation of the purchase or even a mini review) along with the pics. Originality is very important as we want to discourage people from posting different pics of the same watch over and over again just because of the rewards.

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            are your suggestions along this line for threads like this one and another one by decksurgeon?

sg-roc can consider giving a prize/voucher
            I definitely think those two would qualify. And a more recent one from him here

Please don't ask me anymore question. I am supposed to exit this discussion already...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

1) prefer not to as it is sensitive to a certain extent. the last thing we want to do is to damage someone rice bowl.
              2) refer to my other posts where i mentioned about decksurgeon.
              3) there are many threads available in the internet which means there is not much originality.
              4) similar to that of point 2 raised by you and similar to what pegasi mentioned.

also kindly refer to previous post i mentioned about the rewards will be given by merchants not sg-roc and also that sg-roc is in this case providing a platform. we are working on more generic ways to allow members(most) to earn points and redeem rewards. this is the objective.

most suggestions given out is more 'event' focus like what most members in this thread have been targeting.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
              Examples of a good thread.
              1) Buying Rolex in Singapore or Italy or Germany or Japan or any part of the world with great pictures of the shop and directions
              2) Rolex sports watch reviews with pictures, other brands also can
              3) Fake vs real and how to see the movement with pict
              4) Travel into the sea with my Rolex and taking pict with the fishes or shark

There are so many more, if everyone was to think hard and create one idea per year, there will be tons of ideas out.
              You simply cannot just depend on the few to come out with all the ideas n great post.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

one mentioned by pegasi is rolex.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                The thread got great pict n reviews, too bad i only love rolex.

Please don't ask me anymore question. I am supposed to exit this discussion already...

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

ok. thanks for input. at least we have a clearer idea where the benchmark is more or less be.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

If not going to happen, no need to talk. Then you say scared over cook and want cooked rice. Very confusing leh.

Me very simple one. Cooked rice, overcooked rice also rice. If the system I like, I support. Don't like the system, don't support. Other want to support, let them. Not my problem.

Yes like I said, if not going to happen, no need to talk anymore: throwing a challenge to the SG, who am I to do that: and you sound like outstanding forum lawyer:
                    Before I start to say something, the raw rice already start cooking, now I worried over cooking, why you want to eat porridge, I try to ask stop cooking, just give the cooked rice, don't you get it:

See you soon and don't forget to buy me a outstanding beer !!

Comment

Better not let my boyfriend see this.

ON,
                      See You Soon!!

Comment

Since SG-ROC prefers to provide a platform, I will like to build on pegasi idea of write up with pictures. In order to prevent members stealing from internet, will SG-ROC consider say approaching some of the forum advertisers and ask them to provide a particular watch say like a coral blue daytona and the member goes to the shop and take some pictures at the shop. This will solve the problem of member stealing from the internet to pass it as their own. At least the forum and shop will know who this member is and is not some keyboard warrior. Second, the shop gets some form of publicity. As for the reward if the article is accepted and voted as top prize, the member who writes the article gets to service a watch @ special discount rate or buy the particular watch @ special price. To me, it is a win-win-win situation for the forum, member and sponsor

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        sg-roc prefers to provide a platform for members to participate, just like the charity fund raising event.

Comment

Glad to see calmness coming back to this discussion.

This forum is about a bunch of ppl coming together for a common passion/interest. Let's think constructively and provide realistic suggestions. No one is perfect and neither is the admin (no flame intended). To want to hear from us, shows that he is willing to debate and eventually, possible implementation, for the common good.

There is likely an objective that spured the idea of a rewards system. Or maybe it's part of a bigger plan to elevate this forum to better heights (should be, right?).

For the record, yes I do know Triton (surface only) and think that he has upheld this forum well. However, my posts in this thread thus far has not be to support blindly but rather offer logic and reason on the viability for the rewards system.

Enough said, let's keep the ball rolling.

Comment

The intent of this is to rewards members. If it is the case why does it have to be just about money? By having talks, workshops, events, competition, and many more . To me it is also considered a reward interm of knowledge, get to know people and goodie bag. The rewards can be more holistic.

Comment

Can explain more?

sg-roc has ran a photography workshop before on how to take pictures not particularly in watches but how to apply certain techniques. members paid a fee to cover the cost of event place and some snack.

is this something what you have in mind?

as mention sg-roc provides the platform for merchants/sponsor and members. that is why it asks members how members want to be rewarded finally. like a photography contest is conducted. if I as a member win the competition what prize I want. could be say a mini tripod. then sg-roc will approach a potential sponsor the prize and discuss. if sgroc were to decide and say give a food voucher of 10 will there be participants? members suggest what prize they like to have but have to be realistic also. cannot say if I win I want a canon 5d mark III right.

then another member say it is not enticing to exchange 5000 points for $5 voucher. this will give sg-roc a indicator when we discuss with the merchant on points exchange.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                              The intent of this is to rewards members. If it is the case why does it have to be just about money? By having talks, workshops, events, competition, and many more . To me it is also considered a reward interm of knowledge, get to know people and goodie bag. The rewards can be more holistic.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

For talk and worshop, can invite merchant or sponsor to talk about their products (eg. watches, winder, ...). For competition, it can be photography base on certain theme, or like what Hazel been said best voted thread, thread with the highest posting, ....
                                As for prize it is very difficult to quantify, how much and how big is enough to attract participant. I have no idea in this unless there is a willing sponsor to provide.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X