Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For competitions, maybe one about "spotting the fake" would be good? I believe many of us at one point or another had pondered about this topic. Not just a simple guessing game but with the need to compare, identify and justify. Points awarded to the most number of points identified (and minus points for incorrect ones lah). Not just for one to one comparison but multiple pieces of the same model or with different grades of fakes. Think such competition will help elevate the level of knowledge and awareness in SG ROC.

For the more knowledgeable members, vintage players or collectors, maybe one on spotting the mismatch dials, hands, date wheel, etc will be a good challenge? It may not have to be super rare vintage pieces like great white or DRSD but also with the newer discontinued models like 16610LV whereby there are 8 dial variations during it's production run period.

As for the reward/prize, I guess whatever the sponsor/advertiser feel comfortable or economically viable with. Surely not a free watch (can maybe give away the fake but not mismatch watch lah) but more along the lines of services such as discounted servicing, FOC valuation or authentication for a certain time frame or number of pieces, etc.

This might be a win win situation for both members and merchants. Members gain knowledge while merchants get free advertisement / promotion of their services during that event whereby attendees are likely to be possible future customers.

Once again, just my 2 cents worth. Please do not flame me.

Comment

what type of prize would entice you to join the competition? what i am looking for is for members to come up and say for example a tripod by manfrotto would entice me to join the competition. as i have mention, have to be realistic enough also. the issue now is that sg-roc have nothing to tell sponsor/merchant what the members want as a prize. so if the sponsor/merchant suka suka give then no one join then it serves no purpose.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
      For talk and worshop, can invite merchant or sponsor to talk about their products (eg. watches, winder, ...). For competition, it can be photography base on certain theme, or like what Hazel been said best voted thread, thread with the highest posting, ....
      As for prize it is very difficult to quantify, how much and how big is enough to attract participant. I have no idea in this unless there is a willing sponsor to provide.
      now this is the type of suggestions and solutions i am looking for. suggestion is 'spotting the fake'. solution is add or minus points. this is a good start for discussion as we can then say +5 for correct answer, however for wrong answers, sg-roc does not feel it is appropriate, hence the deduction of points solution is not taken.

other solutions like discount servicing or free valuation can be something sg-roc can take it to the merchant/sponsor for discuss.

unfortunately, the rewards system is not implemented yet. else you could like gain 5 points. however, you will be rewarded in other ways when you come to the anniversary.

it is easy for me as a member to contribute my suggestions but because of my title - Administrator, there is a conflict of interest. it is this conflict of interest that i cannot contribute as much as i like since 3 years ago and sg-roc prefers to provide a platform to members and merchants/sponsors.

once again sg-roc appreciates all the feedback that is put forth.

Originally posted by P88 View Post
      For competitions, maybe one about "spotting the fake" would be good? I believe many of us at one point or another had pondered about this topic. Not just a simple guessing game but with the need to compare, identify and justify. Points awarded to the most number of points identified (and minus points for incorrect ones lah). Not just for one to one comparison but multiple pieces of the same model or with different grades of fakes. Think such competition will help elevate the level of knowledge and awareness in SG ROC.

For the more knowledgeable members, vintage players or collectors, maybe one on spotting the mismatch dials, hands, date wheel, etc will be a good challenge? It may not have to be super rare vintage pieces like great white or DRSD but also with the newer discontinued models like 16610LV whereby there are 8 dial variations during it's production run period.

As for the reward/prize, I guess whatever the sponsor/advertiser feel comfortable or economically viable with. Surely not a free watch (can maybe give away the fake but not mismatch watch lah) but more along the lines of services such as discounted servicing, FOC valuation or authentication for a certain time frame or number of pieces, etc.

This might be a win win situation for both members and merchants. Members gain knowledge while merchants get free advertisement / promotion of their services during that event whereby attendees are likely to be possible future customers.

Once again, just my 2 cents worth. Please do not flame me.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        what type of prize would entice you to join the competition? what i am looking for is for members to come up and say for example a tripod by manfrotto would entice me to join the competition. as i have mention, have to be realistic enough also. the issue now is that sg-roc have nothing to tell sponsor/merchant what the members want as a prize. so if the sponsor/merchant suka suka give then no one join then it serves no purpose.

now this is the type of suggestions and solutions i am looking for. suggestion is 'spotting the fake'. solution is add or minus points. this is a good start for discussion as we can then say +5 for correct answer, however for wrong answers, sg-roc does not feel it is appropriate, hence the deduction of points solution is not taken.

other solutions like discount servicing or free valuation can be something sg-roc can take it to the merchant/sponsor for discuss.

unfortunately, the rewards system is not implemented yet. else you could like gain 5 points. however, you will be rewarded in other ways when you come to the anniversary.

it is easy for me as a member to contribute my suggestions but because of my title - Administrator, there is a conflict of interest. it is this conflict of interest that i cannot contribute as much as i like since 3 years ago and sg-roc prefers to provide a platform to members and merchants/sponsors.

once again sg-roc appreciates all the feedback that is put forth.
        Thank you for the kind words.
        I am not looking for a reward, it there is one, it shall be a bonus. Just wanna contribute. :-)

Comment

OK, prize that I would like to have (Is this what you meant, I hope I'm on the right track)

1. Watch winder
          2. watch box
          3. strap
          4. Certain brand items(e.g. key chain, spoon, umbrella,...)
          5. Camera lens
          6. Flash light
          7. Light tent
          8. Ipad or equivalent
          9. ...

Comment

Is it just me that are looking forward to have competition in the SGROC or I have misinterpreted the message in the earlier posting asking for some example on prizes. If I'm wrong please correct me, don't let me appear like a fool here . I will continue to add on if got more idea until someone stop me .

Watch winder
            watch box
            strap
            Certain brand items(e.g. key chain, spoon, umbrella,...)
            Camera lens
            Flash light
            Light tent
            Ipad or equivalent
            Eye loupe
            Complete set of watch tools
            Free servicing
            Voucher $$$ from watch shops

Comment

Voucher $$$ from watch shops, where watch shops are AD or preown shops? preown shops i think tough.

camera lens and flash also hard.

free watch servicing can be implemented for rewards not prize

eye loupe will likely get the nod.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
              Is it just me that are looking forward to have competition in the SGROC or I have misinterpreted the message in the earlier posting asking for some example on prizes. If I'm wrong please correct me, don't let me appear like a fool here . I will continue to add on if got more idea until someone stop me .

Watch winder
              watch box
              strap
              Certain brand items(e.g. key chain, spoon, umbrella,...)
              Camera lens
              Flash light
              Light tent
              Ipad or equivalent
              Eye loupe
              Complete set of watch tools
              Free servicing
              Voucher $$$ from watch shops
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

How come there is no movement on my reward points, I login everyday leh ?

Comment

administration will give you restricted access and perform a specific tasks over a period of 2 weeks to attempt to isolate the issue. will you be willing to help us?

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                  How come there is no movement on my reward points, I login everyday leh ?

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

administration will give you restricted access and perform a specific tasks over a period of 2 weeks to attempt to isolate the issue. will you be willing to help us?
                    PM me more details please .. Thanks

Comment

appreciate if you can wait for awhile.

there is a activity tracking module to track all activities log, we will verify the situation and award points according.

thank you for your kind understanding.

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                      PM me more details please .. Thanks

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

������

there is a activity tracking module to track all activities log, we will verify the situation and award points according.

Comment

Sure looking forward to with great pleasure

Comment

I got that as well.

Comment

Hi Mod, why sometimes vote gain points sometimes don`t ?

Comment

if you have voted on the thread before, you can't vote again to gain points

Originally posted by Derick View Post
                                Hi Mod, why sometimes vote gain points sometimes don`t ?

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X