Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flagship View Post
    Triton,
    I try to explain again, i know my explanation is really poor... Here it goes; since this is a mechanical watch, it has a power reserve of at least 44 hr provided you wear it for a day or 2. But if u do a full winding without wearing the power reserve can only last for 24 hr. This is wat the service rep told me over the phone. I also not sure whether this is true?
    i understand your previous explanation. but what i dont understand is what the SC inform you.

this is because a full wound watch should have full power reserve, as if you are wearing the watch. unless it needs to be wound 60 rounds(since you say 30 rounds = PR of 24hrs which is about half of 44hours), to have full power reserve of 44 hrs.

can someone else verify if what the SC information is true?
    Last edited by triton; 19-03-08, 07:06 PM.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
      just for fun....here's what i do (have fun reading it...you will find them funny):

buy $1 worth of fish balls and put them into fav maggie for lunch 3 times a week...eat at home so save $$...hahahaa...

besides, hawker centre (old airport road) and coffee shop near my place sell cheap foods..as low as $2...

lunches with clients as often as possible ...claim from company

dinners...eat at in-laws house...save $

"tax" ciggies from colleagues to save $ on ciggies...

take cab to and fro to everywhere and claim them from company...hahaha

paid car purchase in full so no need to incur interests...

no more drinking liao..cos all kakis dunno where? vices now are Mahjong and women...keep 2 mistresses and get them to subsize each other (unknowingly of course)..for MJ, play with newbies....collect school fee...target to win a certain sum of $ to pay monthly house maintenance fee..

no aircon at home....take shower at swimming pool not home...

travel overseas for biz trips as many times as possible and over claim expenses...biz trip, eat all u can and claim from company...

no more designer labels clothes...

no kids no dogs....hahahaaa

support wife in all ways...make sure she becomes a high flier and she pays for most things...hahaaha

can't think of any....hope it helps...hahahahaaaa

cheers

james
      Haha, quite detailed sia..Thanks...I will eat maggi haha
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• hmmm... any1 got the latest price list...

Comment

• provided one winds the crown sufficiently, there is no difference to the power reserve either by wearing or manual-winding....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• recently any bro went shopping?? can update abit on panerai prices ?? thnks

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
              recently any bro went shopping?? can update abit on panerai prices ?? thnks
              Hi,

I recently went to cortina, price for a PAM005 is around 5.9k, fella telling me price is going up soon.

Cheers
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• Guys, anybody owns a Panerai Luminor Marina PAM 51 here? Any comments on this watch?
                Last edited by minusplus; 21-03-08, 09:11 PM.
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Got a Pam 112J at 6.2k from VIP hotel

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                    yup....next mth. price increase from 10% to 14%. so those who r keen to get a pam...better get it now.
                    next year the same thing will happen again.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I stumbled upon a BNIB Pam 292J in Singapore, through the net, that is...... made a quick call and to my astonishment .......

This one is going for S$15K (limited 1000pcs), retail was US$6.5K..... Paneristi at max transacted ard USD$8K+....... but its really a nice piece.

ps: I'm in no way related to the shop. Anyone with extra moola plse go grab it piece, I shd think its still avail.

Comment

• The latest edition of "Revolution" comes with a brief history of Panerai. Good to know that they use ETA movements for their basic models and only developed their in-house P2002 movements recently.

Worth it?

Hmm, guess this is heart over mind.

=)
                        Current pieces:
                        Tag Heuer Pilot Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer 2000
                        Evant Tropic Diver Bronze Green
                        Le Jour Mk I - 001
                        IWC Portuguese 7-Days
                        PAM 104
                        PAM 233
                        PAM 716
                        Rolex 16570 (Polar)

Rolex 16234
                        Rolex 116900 (Air-King)
                        Rolex 114060
                        Several Seiko New & Vintage

Wish-list 2018:
                        More Seikos
                        Rolex 126710BLRO (GMT2)

Comment

• Originally posted by chershen View Post
                          The latest edition of "Revolution" comes with a brief history of Panerai. Good to know that they use ETA movements for their basic models and only developed their in-house P2002 movements recently.

Worth it?

Hmm, guess this is heart over mind.

=)
                          second that, just made a recent acquisition will post some pics soon

Comment

• Quick la. Watz taking u so long??
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by seb View Post
                              second that, just made a recent acquisition will post some pics soon
                              mr seb your baby is using the Valjoux 7750 so no complaint lar. Look at the Pam zero logo, with its ETA 6497 movement, it is still by far the most popular base model among the hardcore pam lovers. So at least you are still using a bit of ur mind rather then totally submitting to ur heart..

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Quick la. Watz taking u so long??
                              aiyah... mr seb is worried his "new titanium baby" will get too much exposure with the flash light lar ... I hope he has a camera with good macro mode capable of capturing that beautiful tobacco dial of his new acquisition .. oops I think i revealed too much about his new baby wanna make a guess what he bought??
                              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                                Guys, anybody owns a Panerai Luminor Marina PAM 51 here? Any comments on this watch?
                                Nearly bought it as my 1st pam.
                                Even though it's 40mm, because of its white dial, it actually looks bigger. With the bracelet, the entire watch looks even more substantial. I've always like their bracelet but bear in mind:
                                1) you are effectively paying S$2-S$2.2k more just for the bracelet (compare the price of a pam 51 against a pam 49 which is really a leather strap version of a 51). also part of the fun of having a Pam is sourcing and trying out various straps so do you want to pay that much more for something that you will probably not use that often?
                                2) from what i observed, bracelet pams are not exactly favoured by pam collectors so when you try to resell, you will probably have to take a hit or have difficulty selling altogether.

Also, white dials are not exactly popular with pam collectors (most of them get a white dial probably as their 3rd pam onwards) and 40mm is hardly worn by guys. On the few occasions, I have seen a pam 49/ 51, they were worn by ladies...

Hope this helps!

Ender
                                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                                three times is enemy action and
                                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                                ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X