X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sense to me...

what about Paul Newman? Same also?

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
    Unlike AP's Shaq, Arnold All Star, T3, EOD, Alinghi, Barrachelos, Montoya & Kill Bill, Slytech & Daylight were never promoted by Sly himself.
    Sly never attended or launch or host or become any ambassador or took part in any event related to these 2 group of watches.

Whereas in Shaq, Arnold All Star, T3, EOD, Alinghi, Barrachelos, Montoya & Kill Bill, u c the people it's name after promoting & launching the watches & event openly.

Panerai merely got Sly's permission to put up his signature as a mark of thanks & gratitude for Sly effort in 1994 & 5 to introduce this brand in USA

In fact for all of Sly's movie like Daylight & RAMBO, he worn Panerai watches as a private owner and there's no mention of the watch brand or model or any promotion or launches related to Sly himself.

This is the same for Jason Statham in the Transporter trilogy & Italian Job, Governator in Eraser, Steven Seagal in Exit Wounds, High Grant in Bridget Jones' Diary & Two Weeks Notice, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in Run Down, Josh Hartnett in Hollywood Homicide.

None of these actors got any mention by Panerai nor were Panerai mentioned in any movie mart, ads, product placement nor promoted during movie premieres or launches or show-case.

This is totally difference from TAG Heuer in Bourne Ultimatum, Supremacy & Identity, Omega in later James Bond, Rolex in early James Bond, AP ROO in Kill Bill, T3 & EOD where watches are sold shamelessly during movie premier in Nice & LA.

Panerai has never elect any ambassador officially or unofficialy.

My guess is the mart people in Richemont, Vendome in 1997-1998 & Panerai beofre 1997 figured that the more u advertise your product, the more 'pariah" it will become.

Just ask yourself if you'ld buy the 007 series Speedmaster.
    Will you buy a Kill Bill ROO?
    How about TAG Link Chrono that's worn by Jason Bourne in Bourne trilogys?
    Just look at modern Daylight models from Panerai..... no one wants it.
    This even affected Panerai.
    That's y u never see star appeal being used by the mart ppl there no more.

These days, the more you mart, the worst it become.
    Sincerely speaking, young ppl nowdays r looking for uniqueness & individuality.

This translate into Rolex losing luxury mart share from 80% in 1980s to just 10% today.

The very reason why PP, AP & OP sells is not because of glamour, recognition or value, rather it's individuality thru millesimation (read limited number of watches per model).

Gone r the days where our fathers have no qualms to wear e same watches w e same colour & same model to a wedding dinner.

These days, ppl want to be special....

Comment

• Paul Newman? I think he's a real fan of Rolex

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

Make sense to me...

what about Paul Newman? Same also?
      Yeap, u r rite....he's different from e golf players.

Comment

• Understooded.... thanks! Fred!

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post

Comment

• Couldn't agree more, Dino

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
          Yes, watch collecting can be as simple as ABC. Just love the look of the watch on your wrist, be it big or small, thick or thin

Dino
          U r rite.
          It's what sings to you that matters.....

You know what, I begin to see a trend....
          At the end of the day, most ppl all end up with PP Nautilus, Aquanauts, AP ROO, Pre-Vendome & select post-Vendome Panerai and vintage Rolex...

Do u see similar trend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
            i thought Paul newman,he only Rolex daytona nia..so he also Panerai?

Comment

• You're rite, only Rolex and for DAYTONA!!! Daytona number one!!!

Originally posted by louie View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                You're rite, only Rolex and for DAYTONA!!! Daytona number one!!!
                aHAH!! i see why all of the sudden got Paul newman come into the scene!

Comment

• aiya, like that also you also know... ha ha....

aHAH!! i see why all of the sudden got Paul newman come into the scene!

Comment

• Paul Newman into Panerai?

I don't think Paul Newman has even heard of Panerai

Comment

• interesting thread...keep it up guys...good info sharing for pple like me...
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• As long as we keep the discussion open and not let it degenerate, it would be a good read.

I think everyone has a story to tell of whichever brand of watch that attracts them.

I like certain Pams only...232 (47mm, tobacco, gold hands), 190 (gold hands, JLC 7 days), 115 (destro and painted), 24 (T-dial, sub), 217 (destro, 47mm).....etc. I'm sure others have their own story to tell of whichever models that attract them.

Just like Rolex, I only like GMT. Many times I was tempted to get a Daytona cos everyone says it a must have, but I have never taken that step cos I am not a chrono (Even my AP ROO is a non chrono) lover and also find the watch 2mm too small for my liking.

Kudos to Fred for his passion and I can understand his pursuit....Really, the excitment is in the pursuit of a watch more than owning it. I also flew to HK to get a 115 once but was beaten by someone else by 2 hours and came back empty handed. That strengthen my aim to get my fav destro and finally after more than 1 year of searching and missing, I got it on Christmas last year. So, it is not something I will part with easily.

Let this place be for watch lovers to share their love and not be a place to put each other down.

Comment

• then you will like my PAM63C....

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                          As long as we keep the discussion open and not let it degenerate, it would be a good read.

I think everyone has a story to tell of whichever brand of watch that attracts them.

I like certain Pams only...232 (47mm, tobacco, gold hands), 190 (gold hands, JLC 7 days), 115 (destro and painted), 24 (T-dial, sub), 217 (destro, 47mm).....etc. I'm sure others have their own story to tell of whichever models that attract them.

Just like Rolex, I only like GMT. Many times I was tempted to get a Daytona cos everyone says it a must have, but I have never taken that step cos I am not a chrono (Even my AP ROO is a non chrono) lover and also find the watch 2mm too small for my liking.

Kudos to Fred for his passion and I can understand his pursuit....Really, the excitment is in the pursuit of a watch more than owning it. I also flew to HK to get a 115 once but was beaten by someone else by 2 hours and came back empty handed. That strengthen my aim to get my fav destro and finally after more than 1 year of searching and missing, I got it on Christmas last year. So, it is not something I will part with easily.

Let this place be for watch lovers to share their love and not be a place to put each other down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                            ... I also flew to HK to get a 115 once but was beaten by someone else by 2 hours and came back empty handed. That strengthen my aim to get my fav destro and finally after more than 1 year of searching and missing, I got it on Christmas last year. So, it is not something I will part with easily.

OMG, next time, I'll remember to ask the pilot to fly faster & taxi driver to drive like Jackie Chan's stuntmen

Comment

• I still remember the disappointment after reaching Kenwatches at Wanchai to learn that it was sold. In the end, bought a 183G as a consolation.

Comment

• My dear Lao Jiaos, Do u guys think big watch will run out of trend?

Will small, thin & light watch make a comeback?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X