Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Watch is like a religion to some. Must worship one. So say anything wrong, sure kena wack.... Just like that song again, "let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be... whisper words of wisdom, let it be..."

yeah sensitive issue..

some watch lovers are like religious devotees..totally commited to one brand one
    Opportunities come once

Comment

• Fred Tan comments are quite harsh. Shouldn't take it on other brands.
      Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
      Rolex LV submariner
      Rolex TT black submariner
      Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
      Rolex Non date submariner
      Rolex Explorer2
      More...

Comment

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        I am smell something here...

btw, we are interested in watches and hence we are here in this forum.

Some bros here might be selling/buying watches here. But that doesn't mean that they can't voice out their views...
        hi mate, i dont think there is anything to smell, its just frank exchange of opinions. for the record, i am own a pam 86D and a ferrari GMT, so i got no agenda to talk the market down(or up for the matter). I am not a big panerai fan, but i have always maintain that if one wants a "complete" horological collection, one must own a Panerai, whatever the series. i have always admired the brand DNA and the romance behind the make(however blown out of proportion, at least got story!!). I just wanna present a more balance and holistic view of the subject on hand. if you go thru the postings here and i guess for other horological sites, for every Panerai admirer, there is one with opposite view. I like Fred's view, and his expression of it. i always enjoy one's horological experiences and opinions, as long as it is well thought out and researched and FACTUAL. there are some makes i have no knowledge of, and thus not express a opinion...i dun even know which series my daytona with zenith movement is!!!(sorry bro ngohan - i forgot again)
        It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
        Alexander Pope

Comment

• Haha cool down guys , but actually enjoy reading all this post !
          You guys are really die hard fans , i admit, i buy Pam just because its a fashion watch , than i do some research on the net , and i start to admire the rich history behind the watch . So start to consider getting 1 of their in-house movement , overall never regret .
          Focal JM_Labs .
          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
          Cartier Santos 100XL
          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

• darth-khips, I think you have misunderstood what I meant... I smell something don't refer to fred's comment, I smell something mean there is going to be some arguement between bros here... like fire is heating up....

I agree with you totally. That's why I said even bros who buy/sell watches here should also have the right to voice their views here...

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
            hi mate, i dont think there is anything to smell, its just frank exchange of opinions. for the record, i am own a pam 86D and a ferrari GMT, so i got no agenda to talk the market down(or up for the matter). I am not a big panerai fan, but i have always maintain that if one wants a "complete" horological collection, one must own a Panerai, whatever the series. i have always admired the brand DNA and the romance behind the make(however blown out of proportion, at least got story!!). I just wanna present a more balance and holistic view of the subject on hand. if you go thru the postings here and i guess for other horological sites, for every Panerai admirer, there is one with opposite view. I like Fred's view, and his expression of it. i always enjoy one's horological experiences and opinions, as long as it is well thought out and researched and FACTUAL. there are some makes i have no knowledge of, and thus not express a opinion...i dun even know which series my daytona with zenith movement is!!!(sorry bro ngohan - i forgot again)

Comment

• Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
              pleeeaasseee la..ai-o-yo... i can't agree more wif Mr darthkhips.. if u 1 2 say something in public, mus b FACTUAL, or sure wait to get hantam. Mayb oso can kenna sued if say wrongly. In forum like tis no one knoes if u collector or seller or watever, so if pple see u sell watch n misinform wat u sell, then lagi worse right. Like u walk into a mercedes car showrm n ask which country n salesman says merc come from italy. Can accept? Piangz

Comment

• Aiya. darth-khips and Fred is same person. They are advertising for Panerai !

Yeah.... Panerai is one of the coolest watch to wear.
                I own a Rolex !

Comment

• oh tis is sick

Comment

• To a certain extent, I prescribe to Fred's views. We, as watch collectors must know what we are buying... or for that matter, selling.

I do not doubt his sincerity in airing his views. Come on, no insincere guy would spend at least 30min typing the long post which he did, not to mention digging some horology background

Well as I have mentioned previously, some of us like carrot and others radish. Whatever our preference for watches, we hold them close to our hearts. But equally, we can and should appreciate others' preferences.

Agrument over Panerai or Rolex? I don't care a bit... Likewise I can't be bothered over the re-sale values or what position the brands hold in the industry. True, collectors and sellers have different objectives, and we should recognise this.

I love the watch if it looks pleasing on my wrist. Simple as that.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                      Aiya. darth-khips and Fred is same person. They are advertising for Panerai !

Yeah.... Panerai is one of the coolest watch to wear.
                      hahahaha, will conduct a similar excercise for IWC and JLC. actually we are both paid by Richemont group!!!!
                      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                      Alexander Pope

Comment

• Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                        hahahaha, will conduct a similar excercise for IWC and JLC. actually we are both paid by Richemont group!!!!
                        HaHa....... That's a good one

Dino

Comment

darth-khips, I think you have misunderstood what I meant... I smell something don't refer to fred's comment, I smell something mean there is going to be some arguement between bros here... like fire is heating up....

I agree with you totally. That's why I said even bros who buy/sell watches here should also have the right to voice their views here...
                          understand...every few months a debate will flare up. brand loyalty very much like football club affinity.
                          Alexander Pope

Comment

• Panerai regatta & expedition mart ads expedition is a fraction of many brands

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                            u forgot Panerai is main sponsor for Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta?? how about 36th Annual Nantucket Opera House Cup Regatta??
                            3 Regatta per year & 1 expedition is not a major mart drive.
                            It pales in comparison to front page ads on every dailies and 2nd page ads on every known lifestyle, fashion & politics magazines that PP & Rolex do since 1950s.
                            And it pales in again to every single PGA that Rolex sponsor since 1960s...

Maybe Panerai is not big enough not does it have the resource to do so...

But, do we seriously think Panerai need mart?

Comment

One question bro, I thought Panerai became popular after Sylvester Stallone weared a Panerai Luminor Marina many many years back and create this "oversized watch crazy"?

Later, Panerai introduced a limited edition of 200 pieces in conjunction with famed actor Sylvester Stallone for their "Slytech" line of watches. The "Luminor Daylight" follows the design of the wristwatch worn by Stallone in the 1996 movie "Daylight".
                              Big Sly was never a ambassador.
                              He merely discovered the brand in 1994 and made 150 order of which he got less than 100.
                              He's a fan. Never an elected or professed ambassador.
                              Yes, thanks to his effort to give these watches away in 1995, the brand became public for 1st time.
                              It was not till 1997 we got to see them on the shelves of AD.

Comment

• U r rite

Originally posted by Triumph View Post
                                Is something brewing here? Pam seller sure say pam good. Let it be.

I flip lotsa PAM for profit.
                                I'm biased.
                                Don't listen to a word I said.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X