No announcement yet.

Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just follow what ur heart tells u to do...
    Live with no regrets...

Comment

Originally posted by nilfire77 View Post
      Not trying to bash Panerai watches/owners here. But seriously speaking. Touch your heart. How many of you owners here feels that Panerais are overpriced timepieces? Is it really a $2K watch slapping on a $10K price tag? For the record, I don't own one. Just trying to gather feedback on how the owners feel that's all.
      Purely on a cost price S$x vs selling price S$Y basis, you are probably right. On this basis, off the top of my head, cannot name any luxury watch that is not 'overpriced'. In fact, as one forummer mentioned in another thread, with the hp (and it is very rare not to have one of your own now), a watch is no longer a necessity but really a luxury.

But then, cost price is not so simple. Should you not take in marketing/ advertising cost? Such costs are inevitably factored into the retail price. Further, for pams, a fair bit if its attraction also lies in its military heritage. How do you measure such history in $ terms? How do you measure the pleasure a pam (rollie, AP, or whichever watch) brings to its owner..?

Anyway, you don't one one but you are seeking feedback? Are you interested to get one but is deterred by its prevailing price? Given the present situation, pam prices have come down by a fair bit and there are a few great bargains out there. Just need to look around...
      resistence is futile......
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

It is never overpriced
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

branded watche sure ovrprice. but pams are worst/ way wayover priced!

Comment

aiyo...like then buy if dun like then dun buy..simple logic mah...hahaha...panerai even if way over priced oso got ppl on the waiting list for so long...so it wun bother richmont group if you dun buy..lol..
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There are so much history about Panerai. The divers, PIG and etc.

Panerai was founded in 1860 in Florence by Giovanni Panerai (1825–1897). It later became the official supplier to the Royal Italian Navy and expanded to building precision instruments. The company is famous for its Radiomir and Luminor watches, notable for their use by Italian commando frogmen.
              And there is only one brand that can do the Luminor, which is Panerai. Furthermore, there are worldwide cult following of Panerai especially the Japanese and HongKong boys.

For now, it is not overpriced. And I can see the price will only go up.

Why - Even economy goes bad. The number of available Panerais will not go up and down though the number of demand may dwell. But then... there are so limited pieces out there.. So Panerai is never overpriced.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                aiyo...like then buy if dun like then dun buy..simple logic mah...hahaha...panerai even if way over priced oso got ppl on the waiting list for so long...so it wun bother richmont group if you dun buy..lol..
                siao lung alot

Comment

It's ridiculously overpriced for what is the watch is (not factoring in "marketing", history, demand). I didn't bother when a Pam 1 was selling for 3k plus..now I won't bother when a 111 is selling 6k plus. From the way Panerai raises their prices, I won't bother when a 111 is selling 9k plus in the near future.

That said, damn I wished I hadn't looked at the SIHH 09 releases. The 1950 3 Day Auto Marina is damn swee!!!

Comment

when you buy LV...you dont ask the saleslady ...ey..how many cows you kill to get the leather for the bag ah?...you just buy it becos of the 2nd looks you get when you go out...you become 'highclass' ...you suddenly become fashionable...

same logic for panerai....so easily recognisable....so distinctive....so many straps...so copied....so many homages...
                    ( no brand of watch is as copied as rolex though)

when you want to buy a pam....ask your heart...not your wallet...think its overpriced....they are many homages you can choose from...

many people says Pams belongs to a fashion trend...a trend which they have been saying since 1997 that it will flop....and say Pams will be worthless....

reality shows that Pams are getting more and more popular and some might argue that Pams resale value for the past few years have eclipsed rolex...
                    Watches kept for the next generation...
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                    Omega Speedmaster Date
                    Sinn U1

Comment

Actually, I have lost money for all the Rolex I sell but not lost money on most of the Pams I sold. Of course I'm refering to buy new, wear for sometime and sell it off as used.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        Originally posted by benhur View Post
                        siao lung alot

haha bro benhur, it not siao lung alot. many ppl own pams and we are not siao lung like what u claimed, it when we buy liao and got tired of it and try to off-load it, those ppl who quote us low price, yes i will tell to him, u siao is it? haha

Comment

If you like the watch & can afford, then it's not overpriced .

If you like the watch & cannot afford, then it's overpriced .

Very simple logic, willing seller & willing buyer. We are talking about a certain lifestyle & status. Trying telling the company that their watch is overpriced & they'll tell you to get something cheaper that can also do the job just as well if not better .

Dino

Comment

nilfire77, thanks for starting this thread as we all get to hear views from all angles.
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                              Anyway, you don't one one but you are seeking feedback? Are you interested to get one but is deterred by its prevailing price? Given the present situation, pam prices have come down by a fair bit and there are a few great bargains out there. Just need to look around...
                              resistence is futile......
                              Not really interested to get one per se, not because I cannot afford one. But when compared to watches like Blancpain and JLC, IMHO, Pammies seems just a bit lacking in the WISdom factor. I do agree that it's a very nice looking and recognisable watch! Even from far!
                              "The Datograph is perfect in every detail. The Germans [Lange] have surpassed us [the Swiss]." - Philippe Dufour

Comment

i should start asking if JLC and PP and Hublot tourbillon pieces are overpriced...

not that i cant afford them...but i just want to ask for no reason...
                                Watches kept for the next generation...
                                Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                                Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                                Omega Speedmaster Date
                                Sinn U1

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X