X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot...115 & 117 too

Lol

Comment

good read . i've always thought that panerais are nothing to brag about, seeing plenty of fake ones around and their pics usually don't look like 5-figure watches.

recently saw a 270 worn by a fellow forummer here n i must say the watch looks fantastic up close! reallly changed my perception of the brand. i would say, speaking for myself, that this is one brand where one needs to really see it for himself to appreciate its workmanship and design.

however, having said the above, it's price is still subjective lah ... if it's nice to you n price acceptable, then probably it's not overpriced ...
      Omega QoS PO
      Seiko Blue Samurai

Comment

italian navy is part of the axis alliance leh....i prefer to support the allies....hahaha..juz kidding lar..afterall it is juz watches mah...u like u buy u dun like u dun buy..y make watch buying into a history lesson?
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So if you support Nazi, you buy Sinn? ha ha ha...

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          italian navy is part of the axis alliance leh....i prefer to support the allies....hahaha..juz kidding lar..afterall it is juz watches mah...u like u buy u dun like u dun buy..y make watch buying into a history lesson?

Comment

hahaha..i support Singapore....lol....my fave watch is the 1 that SAF issued to servicemen after R.O.D....hahahaha.....
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol...nice can already as long as pocket no hole.
              ==================
              State of flux : choice between two rolexes

Comment

If you support Singapore, go buy the Milgauss white dial... wear it with a white shirt and a white pant... super PAP!!!

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                hahaha..i support Singapore....lol....my fave watch is the 1 that SAF issued to servicemen after R.O.D....hahahaha.....

Comment

This is really good...

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  If you support Singapore, go buy the Milgauss white dial... wear it with a white shirt and a white pant... super PAP!!!

Maybe I should join PAP.
                  But again, I "O" levels best of 5 is 30 ler, I dun think they would even wan me to clean their table in the MPS, CCC, CDC, RC & toilet..

Comment

from Wikipedia
                    Panerai was founded in 1860 in Florence by Giovanni Panerai (1825–1897). It later became the official supplier to the Royal Italian Navy and expanded to building precision instruments. The company is famous for its Radiomir and Luminor watches, notable for their use by Italian commando frogmen,[2] who relied upon their Panerai wristwatches to execute the sinking of Allied naval vessels in WWII.

The Florence-based watchmaker produced wrist worn diving instruments and about 300 watches, all for the Italian Marina Militare, between 1938 and 1993.[3] By that time, the company ceased to provide watches to the Marina Militare, as they were no longer cost-effective nor did they meet the naval specifications. It then moved to launch its products to the civilian market, but remained relatively obscure until the actor Sylvester Stallone spotted and bought a Panerai Luminor in a jewelry store in Rome in 1995 to wear during shooting of the film Daylight.[3] Stallone ordered a small batch of such watches with his signature on the case back, called Slytech. He offered them as gifts to friends, including Arnold Schwarzenegger. The watch gained rapid popularity, and Officine Panerai was eventually taken over by Richemont in 1997. It should however be noted that the actual Panerai were fitted with Rolex movements as worn by the Italian command frogmen. Richemont continues to actively promote ETA-movement based hommage Panerai alongside the tale of the commando frogmen.

Panerai's success with large watches has also led other companies to introduce larger watches, including Audemars Piguet, IWC, Swatch, and even Rolex.

Panerai has four major lines of watches, Historic, Contemporary, Manifattura and Special Editions. Panerai issues Special Editions every year. In 2006 it issued the 1936 California Dial Radiomir special edition, a reissue of the first Panerai model ever presented to the Italian Marina Militare. This model was limited to a run of 1936 units. As of Sept 2008, The price variation within the Contemporary collection varied from $6,200 to up to $25,500 for the solid gold Marina. (All prices in USD).

Aficionados of Panerai are known as "Paneristi", a term coined along the lines of "Ferraristi".[citation needed]

When the contract between Girard-Perregaux and Ferrari expired a new partnership was signed with Panerai to develop, manufacture and distribute watches under the Ferrari trademark. A New York representative for the watch company has called Panerai the official timekeeper to Ferrari.[4] These wristwatches, available in the US from early August 2006, have 11 models and cost between $5,300 and $26,500. Panerai Ferrari watches are divided into two collections: Granturismo and Scuderia.

Panerai issue many watches as either limited or special editions producing fewer watches than the market demands. Retailers may only receive a few limited edition pieces each per year and long waiting lists for popular models are not uncommon. [5]
                    It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                    Alexander Pope

Comment

never been a big fan of Panerais, though i have 2 sitting in my collection.

i can see why they are attractive and some would argue good value. trying to present a more balance view, reality is richmont can easily up production, but choose to hold so. does panerai do alot of marketing?
                      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                      Alexander Pope

Comment

One of e reasons y Pams are expensive is they produce around 30,000 of those per year, Richmont can up production but e price will drop after tat which dun think they would want. Scarcity will make it more exp.
                        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

without doubt, the unique and rich heritage of pams is one of its selling point. personally, its heritage was not a factor in me getting my pams, I just liked the way they looked
                          however, like rolex, omega, blancpain, longines, zenith, heuer etc there are always some models more sought after that others so you got to do your research before committing e.g those who plunged into the ferrari series probably lost monies (but then, these may become highly collectible in future who knows???)
                          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                          three times is enemy action and
                          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                          ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                            without doubt, the unique and rich heritage of pams is one of its selling point. personally, its heritage was not a factor in me getting my pams, I just liked the way they looked
                            however, like rolex, omega, blancpain, longines, zenith, heuer etc there are always some models more sought after that others so you got to do your research before committing e.g those who plunged into the ferrari series probably lost monies (but then, these may become highly collectible in future who knows???)
                            yeah, i just wanted to create a more balance view of panerai. the "rich" romance and heritage must be balanced by realizing that their watches towards the end actually FAILED italian naval requirements. mind the gap between 1956 and 1980 where the company essentailly went no where. even the 1956 supply deal to the Egyptian navy....bear in mind whatever heroics, they were actually on the losting side of the war!!!and supplying egyptian navy aint exactly something to shout about.

nevertheless, i must admit having a rich heriatge is BETTER then none. U boat for example is just some brand founder that dusted off some design specs for a FAILED supply tender to Italian Navy pilots. i would rather not publicize that!!!!

btw, the ferrari series DNA need some tweaking. i was thinking...like spyker with chronoswiss, Ferrari shld actually have a panerai clock in the car. and the watch series shld have more relevance to the ferrari brand. colour coding, material science, even simple design like speedo needle can be made similar to minute hand, crown can be made like the psuh start button etc.
                            Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                              One of e reasons y Pams are expensive is they produce around 30,000 of those per year, Richmont can up production but e price will drop after tat which dun think they would want. Scarcity will make it more exp.
                              the thing i love about panerai is the unique marketing and branding excercise. how a work tool morphed into a luxury item. the brand DNA is just superb, ignoring theose nonsense about being a "heros watch".

the brand is also moving up the value chain, with tourbillion, own manufactury at ValFleurier, or more accurately dedicated manufactury from richmont. the development of own caliber p2002, p2003 auto, p2004 and now p2005 tourbillion.
                              Alexander Pope

Comment

You know what darth-khips bro. I always love to read your comments, fair, no bias, middle... great to have you here and pls contribute more...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X