Panerai overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
    If you like the watch & can afford, then it's not overpriced .

If you like the watch & cannot afford, then it's overpriced .

Very simple logic, willing seller & willing buyer. We are talking about a certain lifestyle & status. Trying telling the company that their watch is overpriced & they'll tell you to get something cheaper that can also do the job just as well if not better .

Dino
    I'll have to disagree on this pal. IMO, overpriced is not about being can or cannot afford things. It's about whether the price is justified or not, and it's all very subjective. (Eg. Remember the chicken rice from Chatterbox?) One man's meat may be another man's poison.

So for those who thinks that Panerais are worth their every single penny, fair enough. There are also people out there who cannot seem to justify paying anything more than $30 for their Casios.
    "The Datograph is perfect in every detail. The Germans [Lange] have surpassed us [the Swiss]." - Philippe Dufour

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
      i should start asking if JLC and PP and Hublot tourbillon pieces are overpriced...

not that i cant afford them...but i just want to ask for no reason...
      Don't have to get so defensive pal. It's just a friendly query that's all. Okay, I'll stop here before this escalates into a flame war. Once again, apologies to any Pam owners here if any of my comments offended you.
      "The Datograph is perfect in every detail. The Germans [Lange] have surpassed us [the Swiss]." - Philippe Dufour

Comment

Originally posted by nilfire77 View Post
        Don't have to get so defensive pal. It's just a friendly query that's all. Okay, I'll stop here before this escalates into a flame war. Once again, apologies to any Pam owners here if any of my comments offended you.
        no offence taken...its chinese new year....HUAT AH!
        Watches kept for the next generation...
        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
        Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
        Omega Speedmaster Date
        Sinn U1

Comment

one final note:

how to determine overpriced? i buy pam at 10k...sell 2 yrs later at 11k... i actually paid lower therefore i bought it underpriced?

i buy a 500 bucks watch and try to sell to someone 2 yrs later but no one wants...does that mean its overpriced?

overpriced only happens in things with up and down cycles...more relative to condos...
          Watches kept for the next generation...
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
          Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
          Omega Speedmaster Date
          Sinn U1

Comment

If don't talk about preference for design etc....

My Pams hold value better than my JLC, IWC, LUC, GG etc and even Rolex and AP.

If movement (wisdom watch?) is one's meat, there's always Pams with JLC, Zenith, Rolex, Angelus movement and their in-house movement around to choose.

End of day, overpriced or not is very subjective...like car. Many people who drive Jap/kor cars will say conti cars are overpriced but BMW drivers will tell you their cars are worth every cent even though they perfer same function.

Comment

Ultimately, it depends on wat u wan...that's all!
              if u like it and is willing to spend that kinda money, then it's worth it!
              if u dun like it, any amount also will not appeal to u!

Comment

Hmmz

At the end of the day. Buy what speaks to you. If you're into movements, buy the Pams which got that, if you're into the iconic look then get it based on that , if you're into historic pieces then get those. You'll find a Pam to fit your preference I guess.

The only issue is that you must be in the market for a watch above 5-6k to consider even an entry Pam. and even higher for the more sought after ones Every Brand from Q&Q, Casio, Fossil, Tag Heuer, IWC, Rolex, Panerai, AP, PP etc all have their own appeal.

so, buy what speaks to you. But please don't look at the watch for a day and hope it speaks! Just kidding Happy Lunar New Year to all!

Anyway I've just triggered on my first Pam, a 232.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                  At the end of the day. Buy what speaks to you. If you're into movements, buy the Pams which got that, if you're into the iconic look then get it based on that , if you're into historic pieces then get those. You'll find a Pam to fit your preference I guess.

The only issue is that you must be in the market for a watch above 5-6k to consider even an entry Pam. and even higher for the more sought after ones Every Brand from Q&Q, Casio, Fossil, Tag Heuer, IWC, Rolex, Panerai, AP, PP etc all have their own appeal.

so, buy what speaks to you. But please don't look at the watch for a day and hope it speaks! Just kidding Happy Lunar New Year to all!

Congrats. The 232 is a great watch...one of the more iconic ones. Hope I can have 1 someday too.

Comment

Yup, agree! Every brand has its own appeal. Just buy what you enjoy, and enjoy what you buy! Happy CNY!

Comment

Yeah! The 232 really grows on you. Think this one is going to be a daily beater for sometime.

Comment

Yeah! The 232 really grows on you. Think this one is going to be a daily beater for sometime.
                        Bro. long time no meet sia. Did I see wrongly ??? U got Pamed ?
                        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Not really interested to get one per se, not because I cannot afford one. But when compared to watches like Blancpain and JLC, IMHO, Pammies seems just a bit lacking in the WISdom factor. I do agree that it's a very nice looking and recognisable watch! Even from far!
                          How do you justify the WISdom factor in other brands like Blancpain or JLC as compared to Pam? Maybe you can give us an in-depth analysis so that we can be WISER Hope to learn more about watch collecting from you

Gong Xi Fatt Cai

Cheers
                          Dino

Comment

Not really interested to get one per se, not because I cannot afford one. But when compared to watches like Blancpain and JLC, IMHO, Pammies seems just a bit lacking in the WISdom factor. I do agree that it's a very nice looking and recognisable watch! Even from far!

Ahhh, the 'WISdom' factor...came across this term on various watch forums and in othe threads but nvr did understood it. Care to explain?
                            In any case, I can only repeat what you probably already know - get the watch you like. If it disturbs you that a Pam lacks the 'WISdom' factor of a JLC/Blancpain etc or does not justify its price, a Pam is probably not for you.
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

232? Great watch! Pair it with a vintage french tan ammo and it really takes off!
                              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                              three times is enemy action and
                              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                              ."

Comment

Hey Kermit!

Yo manz! Longtime no see or hear! I've lost your mobile number due to a software issue so couldn't keep in touch. See that you're a super poster! haha, well this forum does things to you. YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

Think that kinda explains how I got pammmed hahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X