Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hee. sorry wanted to post in more places to increase chance of finding it. sorry for spamming.

Comment

• Thanks, wah, better save money first ya, but then again, this is the price of owning a fantastic watch

Comment

• Originally posted by caine View Post
        sorry if this question sounds unlogic: what type of items consider as servicing? polishing? or others like...?
        hey bro,ur inbox is full.
        Let me know if u are still interested in the sea dweller.

Comment

• Need some advice. As my watch warranty is ending, i brought in to rolex for servicing but was rejected as there is no faulty mechanism. Apparently the receptionist told there is no free servicing and warranty only covers repair. Then i was quoted 790 bucks to service my GMT TT. I actually dont need the polishing. Just a check and clean up is gd enough.

Last time my AD at HG told me to bring in before end of 2 years to do a servicing before warranty over.

Comment

• I don't think there's free servicing even if the watch is w/in warranty. The warranty should cover only manufacture defects; not even wear-and-there issues.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Free bracelet resizing.
              Free regulation.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• I see. Thanks for the replies. Kanna smoke by my AD.Then i shall stick to the usual 5 yrs servicing.

Comment

• Just came back from RSC... the place is bustling with activity! like a market! a lot of uncles and aunties.

I asked about verification. The lady told me that Geneva is tightening its worldwide svc ctr on verificationas they want to encourage more to buy brand new watches.

Anyway back to the verification, I was told it is $107 which is correct and they will tell you VERBALLY your watch is correct or not.
                  Even if your watch is not correct, you still have to pay the $107.

This brings to my next question:
                  Let's say a seller brings a rolex to RSC to verify. He was given a Verbal NEGATIVE but still has to pay the $107. He will get a receipt. With this receipt, he can later tell a prospect buyer that his watch is verified at RSC and verbal ok.

Now is there a loophole here with this RSC verification?

Unless the seller and prospect buyer go together to hear the final verdict at RSC, a receipt does not mean anything imo.

Weird isn't it? Or am I missing something??

Just a thought after visiting the RSC...

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                  http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The reciept issue by RSC doesn't prove that the watch is authentic, it just prove that a payment is being make to RSC regarding that particular watch....
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

• i'm thinking that there definitely is a need to have both buyer and seller meet there, and have the watch verified and hearing it from the horses' mouth together.

As newbie09 has pointed out, the receipt only indicates that a transaction was done.

Comment

• Now this seems weird. IIRC, the RSC do not charge a fee or issue a document to if the result on the watch is negative. The only time that they will issue anything is when they have carried out a job on a real ROLEX timepiece, however minor. Anyhow, even if they issue a receipt, there is still nothing on it that confirms the authenticity of a watch. It's just to show that they have accepted the watch and after having deemed it real, that they did something on it.

Or am I obsolete
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i agree with you guys.

yes, the receipt will simply say "service charge".

but when i called them on the phone, RSC says the receipt will also show model and serial number.

now if the watch is not true rolex, will they still issue a receipt with the "incorrect" model and serial num?

Now RSC is confusing me!

Comment

• the best part is the lady at the counter (when i was there today in person) told me that even if not original rolex, they also will service!?!?!

i ask her how can it be possible?? she says if for eg the glass is not original, they will simply change an original one and charge you lor.

she says a watch so many parts cannot one by one tell you if true original or not mah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Now this seems weird. IIRC, the RSC do not charge a fee or issue a document to if the result on the watch is negative.
                              bro, thats what i thought too.

but the lady says: negative or positive result, our technician have spent time to look at your watch so definitely we have to charge u.

i blur.

Comment

• Originally posted by kohym View Post
                                the best part is the lady at the counter (when i was there today in person) told me that even if not original rolex, they also will service!?!?!

i ask her how can it be possible?? she says if for eg the glass is not original, they will simply change an original one and charge you lor.

she says a watch so many parts cannot one by one tell you if true original or not mah.
                                Its quite a grey area here,cause my dad just bought his rolex watch for servicing recently.
                                Apparently,the guy there mentioned that as long as any part of the watch is not authentic or genuine,they will not service the watch at all.
                                What they probably meant are i believe should be the mechanisms inside the watch and maybe not so much on the exterior of the watch?that explains why u were told that if the "glass" is not original,they might just simply change an original one for u and charge on that.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X