Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put your minds in a thief point of view. by having a safe you effectively tell them that you have something of value worth hiding, or at least worth you spending money and time in buying a safe
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      put your minds in a thief point of view. by having a safe you effectively tell them that you have something of value worth hiding, or at least worth you spending money and time in buying a safe
      If you have a safe, do you tell everyone? Otherwise, no one should know you even have a safe...

Even if the safe is too big, I believe it's logical to camouflage it.

Nobody is supposed to know about the location of the safe (except your wife).

Just my 1cent.
      TT D GMTII
      SS Z ExpII
      TT M Sub
      SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

• im not sure about s'pore, but the thieves here dont just break and enter, they ransack. turn the whole house upside down. no one knows where my safe is, not even those who stay over my place . even my gf doesnt know i have one, and i intend for it to remain that way.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          im not sure about s'pore, but the thieves here dont just break and enter, they ransack. turn the whole house upside down. no one knows where my safe is, not even those who stay over my place . even my gf doesnt know i have one, and i intend for it to remain that way.
          My guess is all thieves work similarly universally...I don't know cos I've never been one

But I am curious. If really no want knows where your safe is, what happen to your belongings if some unforseen things happen to you? Eg. sudden death? I am sure this is a valid possible question...
          TT D GMTII
          SS Z ExpII
          TT M Sub
          SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

• Originally posted by lcwleslie View Post
            My guess is all thieves work similarly universally...I don't know cos I've never been one

But I am curious. If really no want knows where your safe is, what happen to your belongings if some unforseen things happen to you? Eg. sudden death? I am sure this is a valid possible question...
            commonsense pervails here. thieves are all the same. looking for a loot that they can carry, prefer minimal effort and risk.

should anything happen, i guess my safe is as good as a metal box. since the key/combo is not present. However if they do need to, they can always take the safe with the death cert and request for the safe to be opened.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• I am looking to get a safe to hold some items.... Preferably those with a shelf and some drawer space and not the small ones you get in the hotels...

Mechanical resettable and key (i think electronic is like buying quartz watches, most WIS still prefer mechanical stuff)...

Would like it to be heavy (so that it wont be carried away) and with some kind of tilting alarm built in...

Hope to get a more known brand and a place that I can view and compare a few brands...

Any recommendations please?

Oh do advise on the price as well...

Comment

• why not you look for preowned safes? i think my uncle might have one for sale. it wasn't long ago, i mention that it was destined for the museum

having said that, i may also organise to have it shipped over to perth
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Think for some items especially those relating to security, I would prefer something new...

Comment

• the safe is only as secure as your combination
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Aye... So what brands can anyone recommend and where to view them?

Comment

• hercules safe. bought by couple of forum members here. so far so good i guess.

try lookin for ong @ 97519868. his warehouse is @ ubi area. call before heading there as it is locked most of the time.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thank you for the recommendation... I was looking at this brand too... saw their website where they subject the safe to drop and high heat abuse... Wonder about the price tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
                            Thank you for the recommendation... I was looking at this brand too... saw their website where they subject the safe to drop and high heat abuse... Wonder about the price tho...
                            I paid less than 300 for a 55kg model D370 including transportation. google booil safe, this is the same as the hercules safe.

Comment

• Hmmmn... I visited their website... looks simple and does not say much... The hercules site says that their safe is drop, fire, etc proof... this one says fire resistant...

Not sure what is the price difference and if I really need a fireproof safe...

I also wonder what size is good... Since I am planning to order the 12 watch box from Rainer, I think must at least be able to fit in there...

Comment

• if you using it @ home, at least get one that is about 50kg, so it makes it hard for a single person to carry it off.

if you want more information, pm me. i give you the contact to the person who sells.

his office is @ ubi area. if you need me to go with u, no worries since i work nearby.

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
                                Hmmmn... I visited their website... looks simple and does not say much... The hercules site says that their safe is drop, fire, etc proof... this one says fire resistant...

Not sure what is the price difference and if I really need a fireproof safe...

I also wonder what size is good... Since I am planning to order the 12 watch box from Rainer, I think must at least be able to fit in there...
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X