Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
    When i bought my first watch, i was told that local AD need to send to rolex every single watch sold as a regulation. I believe they know how old is this watch. If its not too far behind, they wont argue. My question is if you have a big problem with the watch, i doubt they will honour the warranty as they will challenge you with their information.

The other things is will the watch service be charge if you bought oversea. The rolex watch sold here are earn by the rolex singapore so anythign oversea AD will they charge more?
    No it's not true that they will charge more because it's bought from overseas AD.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

rolex centers and ADs have no business dealings
      they are independent

Comment

Interesting thread
        Can see some are ok with unnamed and/or undated warranty as long as watch gd condition

Still unanswered questions
        1. U mean u will send in an unnamed and undated warranty card for servicing?

2. Unnamed is ok but to me undated is Nono
        - this applies if u wan to authenticate or service the watch at the authorized centres. Of cos if u decide to service elsewhere or warranty expire then it doesn't apply or if u are just buying to keep and not gonna trade or not even buying second hand watches

3. U mean u can anyhow put in a date (even if it's logical - i.e. maybe one month difference or stretch till end of the current series model) for the date of warranty card?
        - am sure brands like Rolex n iwc have a database that will show unless of cos ur official dealer didn't update the system which is unlikely (cos they will definitely register ur watch w the database n if the official record doesnt tally with what is on ur warranty. That equals to forged warranty eh?)
        - will they actually confiscate the watch in addition not honour the warranty?
        Haves
        Pam 25
        Pam 328
        Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch - Apollo 11 "40th anniversary" limited edition
        Sinn Regulateur 6100
        Rolex Explorer II ref 216570
        IWC Top Gun pilot 44mm ref W378901
        Rolex Daytona 116520
        Rolex Tudor Mini-Sub ref 73090
        Cartier Santos 100 Stainless Steel Large W20073X8
        JLC Reverso 976
        Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
        IWC Portugese 7 day blue dial

Wants
        AP ROO Panda
        ALS Lange 1 (+/-moon phase)
        PP Nautilus Annual Calendar

Comment

I think you have to send in a warranty with a date on it. Don't think you an get away with an undated warranty and expect RSC to honour it.

Your 3rd question is interesting. Lets take this for example:
          If you decide to "forge" the undated card in order to "earn" 2 yrs warranty (of course you must do your homework and ensure that this must telly with series dating and availability of the said series at ADs), and then send to RSC for check/servicing and they take the card's stated warranty for face value, you might get away with it. But what if RSC checks back on their database for the serial number/series, and find that the watch has actually come from a AD/boutique much earlier than the start date you have written on the card? (for example, a v series watch, the date you wrote on the card is 25/02/12, but the watch was released from hourglass on 25/02/11)

Something not right there, right?

Anyone knows if rolex actually does a double-check with their world-wide database to accurately pinpoint the bona fide warranty start date that should, by right, be stated on the card? What action will rolex take then?
          "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

No dealer will want to risk their rolex dealership. All watches that leave the shops will surely be stamped.

Comment

An example, when you claim warranty for your apple iphone, do you need an warranty card?? No right, because there is a system for them to log on to check when you have bought it. But why rolex insist that you must have the warranty card to claim warranty if they have share system??

And even if there is a common database for RSC in the world to look into which year the watch is sold. Isit rolex SA is telling every employee of the world how much watches they have produce and sold, indirectly telling people how much they have earn?? Isit this information should be kept confidential within rolex SA?? So i will leave it up to you to think whether they is a common system anot??

My comments shall ends here... Cheers
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

From what I heard, other brands other than rolex normally do not have a database to keep track when is the watch sold. So, in my opinion, it is fine for other brands to have undated warranty but with authorised dealer chop. With regards to rolex, it is unclear. But, nowadays it is almost impossible to get undated warranty for rolex.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo3898 View Post
                  No dealer will want to risk their rolex dealership. All watches that leave the shops will surely be stamped.

Pardon me if i'm wrong. But aren't there some of us here who buy rolex pieces from overseas ADs and still have undated warranty cards?

Comment

yes, apparantly there are ADs in other countries that do not strictly enforce the requirements

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                    Pardon me if i'm wrong. But aren't there some of us here who buy rolex pieces from overseas ADs and still have undated warranty cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                      yes, apparantly there are ADs in other countries that do not strictly enforce the requirements
                      Hmm. Then we have a conflict of thought in this post. Just to make sure, we are all refering to the rolex brand only right? And only pieces from boutiques and ADs (not grey dealers) right?

It is intuitive for ADs not to tarnish their reputation by leaving warranty cards undated. But if skydweller bro is sure of the above statement, then the only other reason i can think of why they would risk this is to please the buyer by aceding to his request to leave the warranty undated.

Comment

• Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                        Hmm. Then we have a conflict of thought in this post. Just to make sure, we are all refering to the rolex brand only right? And only pieces from boutiques and ADs (not grey dealers) right?

It is intuitive for ADs not to tarnish their reputation by leaving warranty cards undated. But if skydweller bro is sure of the above statement, then the only other reason i can think of why they would risk this is to please the buyer by aceding to his request to leave the warranty undated.
                        For me, i have been talking about rolex only. Btw, stock at grey dealer also comes from AD, otherwise how they get BNIB??
                        Current:
                        No More Liao...

Comment

• Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                          For me, i have been talking about rolex only. Btw, stock at grey dealer also comes from AD, otherwise how they get BNIB??
                          What i meant is that whoever it is that is buying from the ADs (grey-dealers or individuals like ourselves), the ADs should be stamping dates on their cards to protect themselves.

Comment

• I think they call it 'goodwill'

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post

Comment

• Rolex Warranty Card Question

I have some pretty newbie question with regards to Warranty card conditions as I'm still pondering on my first Rolex purchase.

I have been recently looking around at some second hand pieces for a DSSD and came up with an interesting scenario and I'm wondering if any Bros here with experiences can help.

1) Is it common for dealers to date warranty cards using marker type pens instead of Ball point?
                              2) Should there be any reason a warranty card be filled up using 2 different type of pens?
                              3) What is the condition of the warranty card to expect for a 6mth old watch? i.e. any de-lamination or slightly scratched up?

Thanks for reading and helping in advance!

Comment

• Nice choice on the dssd. Just sharing based on personal experience.

1. I recall mine are written using fine tip pens or date stamped. The box is rather small, so using a fat tip marker may be tricky. Are u worried that the original date might have been overwritten using a fatter tipped marker?
                                2. The shops I bought from always insists to date the warranty and if it is hand written it is normally using the same pen. However I know in some rare cases shops are flexible about not dating so perhaps those u see with different pens could be dates written subsequent to initial purchase.
                                3. Really depends on how the owner keeps the watch.

If u don't feel comfortable just walk away. Dssd is a regular production and u can easily find another piece in other shops or on the forum. If really worried then send in to RSC for authentication. No point losing sleep over this.
                                elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X