No announcement yet.

Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if 2 preowned watches same year same model eg a V series sub, what will be the diff in selling price with and w/o paper?
    simi kangtao?

Comment

Originally posted by cck1609 View Post
      if 2 preowned watches same year same model eg a V series sub, what will be the diff in selling price with and w/o paper?
      I doubt any V series watch will come without paper. I would not buy as there are plenty out there with paper. However, for a older, say P series, I think paper should add few hundred to 1k. For a vintage DRSD, paper could add over 5k!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        I doubt any V series watch will come without paper. I would not buy as there are plenty out there with paper. However, for a older, say P series, I think paper should add few hundred to 1k. For a vintage DRSD, paper could add over 5k!
        oops! an error. shd be: what will be the diff in selling price with and w/o card?
        simi kangtao?

Comment

My Principal of buying Watches is minimum with warranty paper/Card
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
            My Principal of buying Watches is minimum with warranty paper/Card

what are the reasons? for reselling purpose? tks
            simi kangtao?

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

if there is a case and/or parts defect, would the buyer not spotted it when first purchase the watch? any external 'damage' can be seen quite easily with naked eye or by feel with hand or other means.
              Very interesting point.
              Will you like to share what means ?

My take on paper -- if set is w/o paper, not easy to sell later. seems like paper is a "must" for newer watch.
              Look at the reply so far, some does not want to consider getting a paperless set.

Comment

can consider using loupe/magnification to see clearer. also for gold models with/without diamonds, you will need a device to check the diamonds real or not.

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                Very interesting point.
                Will you like to share what means ?

My take on paper -- if set is w/o paper, not easy to sell later. seems like paper is a "must" for newer watch.
                Look at the reply so far, some does not want to consider getting a paperless set.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by cck1609 View Post
                  what are the reasons? for reselling purpose? tks
                  A few reasons:
                  1) warranty card/paper are one time issue only
                  2) I like to have the paper, makes the watch more complete.
                  3) resale purpose
                  4) shows the watch heritage.

Just my 2 cents views only.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                    A few reasons:
                    1) warranty card/paper are one time issue only
                    2) I like to have the paper, makes the watch more complete.
                    3) resale purpose
                    4) shows the watch heritage.

Just my 2 cents views only.
                    Agreed, the paper/card makes the item more complete. Having the manual and box would be a plus too. And if you resell, the buyer would want it, so make sense to keep it. Unfortunately, you can't tell how many times the watch has changed hands from the card.

I dont see the point in buying a warranty card/paper that is undated.If the watch fails it will be very soon after purchase, otherwise it will be a wear and tear issue.I hope that rolex will maintain a database of serial no with matching movement serial number. or at least include the serialnumber of the movement in the card.

More 2 cents..

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
                      Agreed, the paper/card makes the item more complete. Having the manual and box would be a plus too. And if you resell, the buyer would want it, so make sense to keep it. Unfortunately, you can't tell how many times the watch has changed hands from the card.

I dont see the point in buying a warranty card/paper that is undated.If the watch fails it will be very soon after purchase, otherwise it will be a wear and tear issue.I hope that rolex will maintain a database of serial no with matching movement serial number. or at least include the serialnumber of the movement in the card.

More 2 cents..
                      i agree with u on the above.
                      However,most people still prefer to purchase the watch with undated warranty card.

Comment

i find that undated papers makes not much difference as there is a limit to 'post date' as manufacturer will know when each watch leaves the factory

Originally posted by stlf View Post
                        However,most people still prefer to purchase the watch with undated warranty card.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i find that undated papers makes not much difference as there is a limit to 'post date' as manufacturer will know when each watch leaves the factory

Originally posted by stlf View Post

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            yeah,u are right.

Comment

Complete set for me, always. It is like a birth cert. It gives the watch an identity. Others wouldn't care at all. It is very personal.

Comment

Originally posted by jarren View Post
                                Complete set for me, always. It is like a birth cert. It gives the watch an identity. Others wouldn't care at all. It is very personal.
                                Same for me,when i buy a watch,i will want the box and warranty card.
                                I believe its the same for most watch collectors.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X