Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price difference between paper/no paper

hi guys... am getting a pre-loved rolex. wondering if 2 watches are identical and genuine, what would be a reasonable premium to offer for the one with complete set of paper/box?

Comment

Originally posted by shanhz View Post
      hi guys... am getting a pre-loved rolex. wondering if 2 watches are identical and genuine, what would be a reasonable premium to offer for the one with complete set of paper/box?
      Had seen some dealers mark up 200-400 for those full set. Quite depend on who the seller and buyer's price in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
        I think all preown watches should come in the original set
        At least with the original cert
        Some maybe too old and some owners may have also lost the "birth cert".

Comment

Originally posted by nim
          I think all preown watches should come in the original set
          At least with the original cert
          Support. The "birth cert" should be made important to owner who plans to sell later. So, this will help to take away little burden on RSC for providing "receipt only".

Comment

Originally posted by nim
            Then they deserve to be worth less than those with the complete set, ceteris paribus

If owner cares about their resale value, then they also need to provide more work/evidence to show they have kept an art, not just a watch.

Comment

It depends on also the watch model, say eg a vintage pc. If it's not, then probably diff of between a couple of hundreds & close to a thousand dollars.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
                Had seen some dealers mark up 200-400 for those full set. Quite depend on who the seller and buyer's price in mind.
                thanks.. that's helpful

Comment

Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Hi guys.

I'm not sure if this ackward question has been posed before here on sgroc, but here goes.

If a seller posts a BNIB/LNIB full set rolex that comes with an undated/unstamped warranty card, what are the implications behind this? Anyone feel that the card should have been dated by the original authorised/non-authorised dealer? (i'm sure boutiques will date it).

I called RSC to check and they say they will NOT post-date the warranty card even after it has undergone authentification. I doubt boutiques will do this either.

Take for example a v series explorer 2 (16570). Whether it was bought in 2008 (start of v series), or end 2011 (watch still under warranty, by right), there really is no telling what the age of the watch is with no warranty date. So why would RSC honour the warranty? To my mind, this quintessentially voids the warranty if it is not dated/stamped from the time the watch is taken out the stores!

Obviously if you take a vintage 6694 oysterdate with an undated warranty card to RSC, and insist that they honour the warranty because it was purchased brand new from a store within the last 2 years, that would be a blatant lie lah...

So what is so great about BNIB/LNIB watches being posted on sgroc as having an UNDATED/UNSTAMPED warranty card? Doesn't this pose even more problems for the buyer esp if the watch gives trouble soon after it changes hands? The seller can't even prove the age of the watch when he meets buyer.

Got date/stamp, got proof.
                  No date/stamp, still doesn't prove anything.
                  I hope you guys see my point.
                  "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

In the first place, why would you send in a dateless warranty card. If you bought the watch in 2008, but it's undated. And today you want to send it for calibration, you can date it as Dec 2010. RSC will have to honor it as V series stock is still around at that point of time selling at AD. But you have to be realistic about the date you input, as you cant be buying a brand new Z series today at AD right... And in this example, you earn 2 extra years of warranty. Cheers
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                      In the first place, why would you send in a dateless warranty card. If you bought the watch in 2008, but it's undated. And today you want to send it for calibration, you can date it as Dec 2010. RSC will have to honor it as V series stock is still around at that point of time selling at AD. But you have to be realistic about the date you input, as you cant be buying a brand new Z series today at AD right... And in this example, you earn 2 extra years of warranty. Cheers
                      hmm.. if tats the case, would it be not so useful now tat the serial nos have changed to random alphanumeric ones?

Comment

HI there Dark, I was having this problem a while back too when I was able to buy an IWC Portuguese 7days; it was undated & without any authorised dealer stamp. The asking price was almost the same as BNIB from AD, I probably save S$200. However, what stopped me was the undated & unstamped warranty card, how could one know if the watch was purchased 2 years or 2 months back? I wont know how to tell the age from the serial number nor was I able to check its status from the internet.

The other thing to note is that when the watch is sold, I am sure the AD would have inform Richmont within a few days & it will have your purchase in the system. So even if it's undated & you decide to send it in for servicing after 4 years, Richmont will know that it's an old watch. Therefore, I think the best is to have a stamped & dated warranty & not buy one without. I dont see any point saving S$200 & might cost you more after a year or so when the watch starts running slow.
                        I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                        Alfa 33
                        Alfa 147
                        Alfa GT
                        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                          Correct! The date of the warranty and the availablilty of stock for a given series HAS to telly. But even if you write a "realistic" date on the card, does it have to be accompanied by the AD/boutique stamp?

And this only refers to rolex. Series dating is an ok way of knowing approx age of the watch. But how about other brands? see below.

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
                          HI there Dark, I was having this problem a while back too when I was able to buy an IWC Portuguese 7days; it was undated & without any authorised dealer stamp. The asking price was almost the same as BNIB from AD, I probably save S$200. However, what stopped me was the undated & unstamped warranty card, how could one know if the watch was purchased 2 years or 2 months back? I wont know how to tell the age from the serial number nor was I able to check its status from the internet.

The other thing to note is that when the watch is sold, I am sure the AD would have inform Richmont within a few days & it will have your purchase in the system. So even if it's undated & you decide to send it in for servicing after 4 years, Richmont will know that it's an old watch. Therefore, I think the best is to have a stamped & dated warranty & not buy one without. I dont see any point saving S$200 & might cost you more after a year or so when the watch starts running slow.
                          Yes turboducky. With boutiques, i am sure that the piece purchased would have entered the manufacturer's database as "sold" on a particular date. No issues, because the boutique will also date the card. But with grey dealers/private dealers, they may not do this especially if there is some dodgy business going on.

Thanks for the generous input all!

Comment

undated/unnamed is not much issue as one can probably trace the production period. second, RSC would have information on the watch based on the serial number.

there is only so long you can post date.

what is more important to me is that the warranty card/stamp/whatever must always be stamped. at least one can tell where the watch 'originally' came from.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                              Correct! The date of the warranty and the availablilty of stock for a given series HAS to telly. But even if you write a "realistic" date on the card, does it have to be accompanied by the AD/boutique stamp?

And this only refers to rolex. Series dating is an ok way of knowing approx age of the watch. But how about other brands?
                              No problem with no date, but cant be w/o AD stamp. If no stamp is as good as buying it w/o warranty. I'm answering this in regards to the brand rolex, not sure with others. Cheers
                              Current:
                              No More Liao...

Comment

I've never purchased a watch with undated/unstamped card before.

So AD stamp is particularly impt. But as long as card is dated within a reasonable timeframe in relation to the series production, there should be no fear?

ok thank you all.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X