No announcement yet.

Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to share other brand of watch in this thread , i know is mainly for rolex but just wanna share my experience regarding dis....

I bought a U-Boat Classico with undated and unstamped warranty from reputable online gray dealer.... brought the watch to Bezel SG to authenticate and to ask about cost of servicing... the reply from Bezel Sg as follows

- undated and Unstamped warranty still can be sent for servicing but have to pay premium. according to the Sales Ex , U-boat italy actually give 50% subsidy for their watches if owner need to send for servicing. So if dated and stamped watches send for servicing they only need to pay $350 but undated and unstamped owners need to pay $700 dollars each time they send in their watches.

so the next time if i were to send my watch to Bezel Sg for servicing i need to pay the premium.

so i guess this unstamped and undated thingy is a big difference for U-Boat watch onwers

Comment

Frankly it doesnt really matter
      Most important is the condition of the watch
      A badly wrecked watch, undated/unnamed or dated/named card, does it make much difference to its resale value?
      I dont think so
      All buyers prefer well maintained mint like new preown, isnt it?

Comment

To me, i won't buy a watch without stamp. Heard that Panerai also don't honor warranty card without stamp! I dont mind Undated/Unnamed or Named/Dated. But Unstamp is a BIG no!

Comment

Rolex KNOW when they sell a watch to an AD.... it's all in their system, in fact they will probably know when its sold also.

I once read - "It's easier to sell a stolen Ferrari than a Rolex Watch" ???

Note this also :

ROLEX SA certifies this watch to be in perfect condition and guarantees its dependable functioning for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
          - The guarantee excludes normal wear-and-tear, loss, theft or damage due to mistreatment.
          - Any addition of or substitution of parts with those not manufactured by Rolex will render the guarantee invalid.
          - This guarantee applies only if;
          (1) the watch is sold by an Official Rolex Retailer,
          (2) the guarantee card is completed in full by the Official Rolex Retailer at the time of purchase,
          (3) this guarantee card is presented with the watch
          , be it to the Official Rolex Retailer or to one of the Official Rolex Service Centres listed in this manual.
          (4) Any work carried out by Third Parties will invalidate the guarantee.
          - Rolex SA certifies that this watch has been entirely manufactured in Switzerland.
          ROLEX.

Comment

Yes, the RSC of that particular watch sold in that country may know when the watch is sold. But is this information exchange worldwide?? I remember seeing a thread here posted by a member quite sometime ago mentioning that if the watch is reported stolen in US may not be flag in SG that it is stolen. So can any1 here clarify this??
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
              Yes, the RSC of that particular watch sold in that country may know when the watch is sold. But is this information exchange worldwide?? I remember seeing a thread here posted by a member quite sometime ago mentioning that if the watch is reported stolen in US may not be flag in SG that it is stolen. So can any1 here clarify this??
              I think it is..... thats the point of "verifying" a Rolex.... just like a dealer in used watches in Australia does it... to confirm not stolen with both Rolex and state Police database.

I'm sure it's global..... IWC do this same database idea also.
              ROLEX.

Comment

ROLEX SA certifies this watch to be in perfect condition and guarantees its dependable functioning for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
                - The guarantee excludes normal wear-and-tear, loss, theft or damage due to mistreatment.
                - Any addition of or substitution of parts with those not manufactured by Rolex will render the guarantee invalid.
                - This guarantee applies only if;
                (1) the watch is sold by an Official Rolex Retailer,
                -As long as got the AS stamp, no need to produce receipt when claiming warranty.
                (2) the guarantee card is completed in full by the Official Rolex Retailer at the time of purchase,
                -Only 3 section need to be fill up. RSC will not be able to tell who wrote the name and the date on the warranty card, as long as got dealer stamp. Unless every RSC in the world got hand writing identification system.
                (3) this guarantee card is presented with the watch, be it to the Official Rolex Retailer or to one of the Official Rolex Service Centres listed in this manual.
                -Just make sure it's given to you when buying a BNIB set.
                (4) Any work carried out by Third Parties will invalidate the guarantee.
                - Rolex SA certifies that this watch has been entirely manufactured in Switzerland.
                -Why repair it outside when it's still under warranty??
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

The watch itself is most important
                  paperwork duly completed and stamped adds marginally to collection value

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                    The watch itself is most important
                    paperwork duly completed and stamped adds marginally to collection value
                    a watch within warranty period gives owner peace of mind should there be a manufacturing defect that may not show up immediately.

to some, completeness determine collection value. if i have a full set vintahe with certificated dated back to the 70s/80s and has turned yellow, that imo gives this collection piece her value.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                    http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

i have never seen an unstamped warranty card before!

but as some pointed out, it is as good as having no warranty papers/card.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                      http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

you are right, but a watch badly battered, though with full set and duly completed paperwork, will not interest collectors as much as a mint condition watch with the same full set and paperwork
                        unless of course if the asking price is substantially low

Originally posted by kohym View Post
                        a watch within warranty period gives owner peace of mind should there be a manufacturing defect that may not show up immediately.

to some, completeness determine collection value. if i have a full set vintahe with certificated dated back to the 70s/80s and has turned yellow, that imo gives this collection piece her value.

Comment

When i bought my first watch, i was told that local AD need to send to rolex every single watch sold as a regulation. I believe they know how old is this watch. If its not too far behind, they wont argue. My question is if you have a big problem with the watch, i doubt they will honour the warranty as they will challenge you with their information.

The other things is will the watch service be charge if you bought oversea. The rolex watch sold here are earn by the rolex singapore so anythign oversea AD will they charge more?

Comment

When i bought my first watch, i was told that local AD need to send to rolex every single watch sold as a regulation. I believe they know how old is this watch. If its not too far behind, they wont argue. My question is if you have a big problem with the watch, i doubt they will honour the warranty as they will challenge you with their information.
                            - If the AD is selling the watch to grey dealer, they will also use abit of thinking that they dun send it in so soon right... It's not rocket science. If it's just an individual like me and you, they will lightly just date the warranty and send it in straight away. Why would AD risk offending the grey dealer on this issue if the grey dealer alway support them by getting in bulk. Furthermore, i dun think RSC keep track of outstanding stock at AD.

The other things is will the watch service be charge if you bought oversea. The rolex watch sold here are earn by the rolex singapore so anythign oversea AD will they charge more?
                            - I doubt RSC will do that as the warranty is international. And servicing package price for sport model start at $930+ irregardless of where you have gotten the watch.
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

My feeling about rolex servicing fees is that they are pegged according to the countries own rates, and not determined by the origin of the set (local or overseas).

Rolex SA has a database of every single BNIB rolex watch on the planet, and has kept a tab on every single watch that has walked out of the ADs/boutiques. The database must be made available to all the RSCs in various countries right? As many in this post have already said, they must have access to this info on hand if they wanted it.

I'm might be stating the obvious. Pardon me, or correct me if i'm wrong again.
                              "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

you are probably right on this one
                                there is only one rolex factory
                                as the warranty is international, all rolex centers around the world should be linked to one common system

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                                My feeling about rolex servicing fees is that they are pegged according to the countries own rates, and not determined by the origin of the set (local or overseas).

Rolex SA has a database of every single BNIB rolex watch on the planet, and has kept a tab on every single watch that has walked out of the ADs/boutiques. The database must be made available to all the RSCs in various countries right? As many in this post have already said, they must have access to this info on hand if they wanted it.

I'm might be stating the obvious. Pardon me, or correct me if i'm wrong again.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X