Casual talk on prices for rolex watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guru View Post
    Hi, I'm a newly convert! Had been eyeing this model but couldn't find it on the Rolex official website. Can any kind soul tell me the model, how much does it cost and where can I get it? Thanks so much!
    Hahaha...I see. Ok firstly. In the pic,it's a Mother-Of-Pearl face,do u want a MOP face?

And well the watch in the pic is fake though...hahaha...

So,I think u are looking at.

1)Oyster bracelet
    2) Smooth bezel
    3) Roman numeral markings.

I believe u are not looking at the MOP face,so rougly it would cost u ard 6k plus.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Hi Darkangel,

It's from a replica website. Been searching for the image for past week. Is the indicative price u gave 1st hand or 2nd hand? I'm worried 2nd hand might be duped into a fake one since I dunnno how to differentiate. MOP face probably too atas for me. U think it's a good 1st rolex to have?

Comment

Hi Darkangel,

It's from a replica website. Been searching for the image for past week. Is the indicative price u gave 1st hand or 2nd hand? I'm worried 2nd hand might be duped into a fake one since I dunnno how to differentiate. MOP face probably too atas for me. U think it's a good 1st rolex to have?
        LOL...so I guess I am right

The price is brand new. Preowned,if you get it from reputable dealers no worries actually. Just that price you have to search ard in case you get chopped carrot head. Hahaha...

I started off with a Datejust...prefect

Comment

• Hi, thanks for the info. I'm looking for a timepiece that I can wear to work everyday without being too flashy. I've never intend to spend so much before. *Stress* I understand that there are Authorised Dealers besides the BB like THG, Cortina and Sincere that carries Rolex right? Are they safe to buy from?

Have a good weekend to all!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm looking for a timepiece that I can wear to work everyday without being too flashy. I've never intend to spend so much before. *Stress* I understand that there are Authorised Dealers besides the BB like THG, Cortina and Sincere that carries Rolex right? Are they safe to buy from?

Have a good weekend to all!
            Sincere doesn't carry Rolex. AD is definitely safe...if not dun need to have AD liaos

Comment

• hi guru, it's pretty good that u sourced ard for info before taking the plunge for a daily watch. be it rolex or other brands, think it's safer to buy first hand at ADs. shops selling pre-owned watches are fine but as always, it depends on your luck. As long as the article is authentic, it should be ok. 2nd shops also do give warranty for a yr or so.

just to sidetrack and share a little: a colleague wears a pretty bashed up preowned DJ w/o servicing for abt 15yrs and it still runs great. she's a cheapo who does NOT know or believe in servicing whatsoever. as long as it's runs, she's ok with it. abt three months ago, she bought a brand new B watch from an AD for her hubby. the watch has thus far stayed longer in the service centre that on her hubby's wrist. what can we say? just arse luck.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

• I was once in your situation. I was advised against getting a pre-own ROLEX as even the most reliable AD makes mistake. Mistake of not checking if a ROLEX pc he/she bought is entirely authentic. Somehow, I'm still curious as to how much an AD goes thru' to authenticate a ROLEX watch he/she takes in. It's like eating at a restaurant. You do not actually know how hygiene your food is cooked and you still eat it anyway.

So it's your call afterall. One thing for sure is that getting an expensive timepc from an authorised retailer like THG gives you a peace of mind. A company as such has got more to lose in terms of its reputation and business if they cork up.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  hi guru, it's pretty good that u sourced ard for info before taking the plunge for a daily watch. be it rolex or other brands, think it's safer to buy first hand at ADs. shops selling pre-owned watches are fine but as always, it depends on your luck. As long as the article is authentic, it should be ok. 2nd shops also do give warranty for a yr or so.

just to sidetrack and share a little: a colleague wears a pretty bashed up preowned DJ w/o servicing for abt 15yrs and it still runs great. she's a cheapo who does NOT know or believe in servicing whatsoever. as long as it's runs, she's ok with it. abt three months ago, she bought a brand new B watch from an AD for her hubby. the watch has thus far stayed longer in the service centre that on her hubby's wrist. what can we say? just arse luck.
                  Err...fed. I agree with you mostly except for the part in bold.

The way you say it make it seem like it's common for 2nd hand dealers to sell fakes? No offence bro.

But...in the case of 2nd hand shops,you won't get a fake for sure. Only thing is that you may not get the full set and the condition may not be up to your standard. THat's all...I think there is some misunderstanding that most people have with 2nd hand dealers,that is what I have to clarify.

Anyway wads a B watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    hi guru, it's pretty good that u sourced ard for info before taking the plunge for a daily watch. be it rolex or other brands, think it's safer to buy first hand at ADs. shops selling pre-owned watches are fine but as always, it depends on your luck. As long as the article is authentic, it should be ok. 2nd shops also do give warranty for a yr or so.

my mom does one better with servicing... she hadnt service in over 21years... the watch is older then me, and she wait until the watch stopped completely then go service, even though i tell her that need to service.

i also kenna f sony ericsson upside down in court when they give me a phone cannot call, and refuse to fix... baskit. force me to walk so far in the night when my car breakdown and cannot call roadside assistant. imagine walking from city hall to geylang and back

now using asus phone and never ever go back to SE.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    I was once in your situation. I was advised against getting a pre-own ROLEX as even the most reliable AD makes mistake. Mistake of not checking if a ROLEX pc he/she bought is entirely authentic. Somehow, I'm still curious as to how much an AD goes thru' to authenticate a ROLEX watch he/she takes in. It's like eating at a restaurant. You do not actually know how hygiene your food is cooked and you still eat it anyway.

So it's your call afterall. One thing for sure is that getting an expensive timepc from an authorised retailer like THG gives you a peace of mind. A company as such has got more to lose in terms of its reputation and business if they cork up.

actually 2nd shop also got to lose too. imagine if they sell one fake and you tell your friend, my god, word will spread so fast they cannot stop in time. in business your reputation is everything, and once the shop i patronise forgot to change to original rolex crystal, i tell him that RSC said it is non rolex, and he change for me INSTANTLY, no questions asked.

of course 2nd hand shop you must be more alert and know what you are buying, otherwise you get carrot chopped.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Err...fed. I agree with you mostly except for the part in bold.

The way you say it make it seem like it's common for 2nd hand dealers to sell fakes? No offence bro.

But...in the case of 2nd hand shops,you won't get a fake for sure. Only thing is that you may not get the full set and the condition may not be up to your standard. THat's all...I think there is some misunderstanding that most people have with 2nd hand dealers,that is what I have to clarify.

Anyway wads a B watch?
                    im beginning to suspect the watch is a bvlgari (spelling?)

like i said 2nd shop buy pre loved pieces, and those pieces may have been polished, serviced, and will never look the same as it did from the AD. having said that you as the consumer must determine whether you are happy with parting your money on a watch that you will deem to be suitable.

the questions one must ask is:

1) do i feel comfortable with this shop
                    2) how does the price compare to others with corralation to quality
                    3) post sales and pre sales service
                    4) are you happy with no cert and box (in most cases)
                    5) do you feel comfortable with a watch that is not originally yours
                    6) are you comfortable with 2nd hand

if you answer no to any of the above, then imo you should not be looking at a preowned piece.

personally, i love pre owned pieces for the following reasons

a) you do not lose as much compare to new
                    b) box and paper not an issue - box i can find slowly, and service papers will be almost as good as original
                    c) the buying process is more intense and more involving of the purchaser.
                    d) i prefer to buy from someone who know the watch rather then just to sell you the watch.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• for me, so long as it is a pre-own piece which has been through @ least 2 owners, i will bring it for verification @ the brand respective service centre.

no disrepect to any sellers, however some pre-own shop owners have been duped before.

if the watch is more than 1k, i will definitely bring it for verification especially if it is brands like rolex. for me, it pays to be careful.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Hi everyone, I m new in tis forum and I just purchase a SD on 1st Apr for $8K... But manage to do somethng and end up the purchase price become $7.6K.. Hahaha... Hope to learn more abt Rolex from tis forum....
                        Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
                          Hi everyone, I m new in tis forum and I just purchase a SD on 1st Apr for $8K... But manage to do somethng and end up the purchase price become $7.6K.. Hahaha... Hope to learn more abt Rolex from tis forum....
                          Welcome to the forum.

Just curious... What is the 'something' that you did?
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
                            Hi everyone, I m new in tis forum and I just purchase a SD on 1st Apr for $8K... But manage to do somethng and end up the purchase price become $7.6K.. Hahaha... Hope to learn more abt Rolex from tis forum....
                            WELCOME! 7.6k...is it abit steep I am not sure...but I think abit on the high side...but anyway...more impt is that u enjoy your watch!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            a) you do not lose as much compare to new
                            b) box and paper not an issue - box i can find slowly, and service papers will be almost as good as original
                            c) the buying process is more intense and more involving of the purchaser.
                            d) i prefer to buy from someone who know the watch rather then just to sell you the watch.
                            AGREED

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            Welcome to the forum.

Just curious... What is the 'something' that you did?
                            go tell the SA...KNN today April Fool leh u trying to be funny ah?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              go tell the SA...KNN today April Fool leh u trying to be funny ah?
                              i suspect you may be thrown out and barred from entering the AD the next time ........

or maybe got some on the side tranaction going on is it, esp if the SA a nice girl . afterall a man has to do what he has to do right
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                i suspect you may be thrown out and barred from entering the AD the next time ........

or maybe got some on the side tranaction going on is it, esp if the SA a nice girl . afterall a man has to do what he has to do right
                                Hahahaha...lol!

more like a woman has to do what she has to do to get the deal wad....hahha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X