X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for one? Or...?

Hi people,

I'm really at two minds about selling away all my watches to just have one/two in my collection. I hate it when I couldn't share enough time with the few that I have. Do you think I should do that? I only have a few humble (and I mean it) watches so the one I am getting will not be 'alarmingly' expensive. And I don't need you to guess, I am intending to stop this watch craze thingy after getting a brand new ROLEX Daytona (116520). By being able to afford it, I'm talking about selling off 4-5 watches.

If you are free, share your thoughts with me.

Thank you
    The Crown Of Achievement

Maybe sell a couple or three, and then save up to get the Daytona? Selling the entire collection is pretty extreme IMO, and there might be times when you might actually regret your decision. That's my two cents worth.

But ultimately, it still lies ok your relationship with your watches. If you are willing to forgo them for the Daytona, then so be it
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

i did that once.. sold at least 3-4 watches (humble ones) to fund for a poisonous one.. no regrets

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
        Maybe sell a couple or three, and then save up to get the Daytona? Selling the entire collection is pretty extreme IMO, and there might be times when you might actually regret your decision. That's my two cents worth.

But ultimately, it still lies ok your relationship with your watches. If you are willing to forgo them for the Daytona, then so be it
        I think if I have put my mind to it, I will do it. Regret, may be over time but how will I know now. I have been regretting since I started to sell my first watch, then how? If I don't put a stop to this, I will continue to just buy and sell and lose. And none of those "couple or three" in my collection is enough to trade off for a Daytona without needing to cough out more (a lot of) cash. And I really can't afford it now. Saving up will take years for me. But heh! Tx for sharing

Originally posted by tionghan View Post
        i did that once.. sold at least 3-4 watches (humble ones) to fund for a poisonous one.. no regrets
        Tx for advice. Btw, what "poisonous one" did you get?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

same here.
          the rest were just not getting enough wrist time. so sold a couple and got a daytona.

I end up wearing my daytona daily.
          swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

rolex lo.. no turning back since.. haha
            Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            I think if I have put my mind to it, I will do it. Regret, may be over time but how will I know now. I have been regretting since I started to sell my first watch, then how? If I don't put a stop to this, I will continue to just buy and sell and lose. And none of those "couple or three" in my collection is enough to trade off for a Daytona without needing to cough out more (a lot of) cash. And I really can't afford it now. Saving up will take years for me. But heh! Tx for sharing

Tx for advice. Btw, what "poisonous one" did you get?

Comment

That's what I am trying to do now. Selling two of my watches to get a base Pam. But when ppl lowball with ridiculous price felt sad. Having second thought abt selling now.

Comment

Well I thought this is what a hobby should be all about ... buying and selling as your taste will change as time go by

Comment

Bro,

This won't do...once a watch lover always a watch lover...

I can sell all my Rolex to fund a daytona but will I regret??? 100% YES... So I decide to go for the long way...save slowly...ultimately tat day will come and can own every watch...

For me it's good to have more than one... I like e feeling of changing watch every now and then...I am just not a one watch guy...

Daytona...the day will come...

Cheers

Comment

It's a common phrase everyone will go through, sell many for that ONE. Just do it, you won't regret if you know what you want but...trust me it doesn't end there. Hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Hi people,

I'm really at two minds about selling away all my watches to just have one/two in my collection. I hate it when I couldn't share enough time with the few that I have. Do you think I should do that? I only have a few humble (and I mean it) watches so the one I am getting will not be 'alarmingly' expensive. And I don't need you to guess, I am intending to stop this watch craze thingy after getting a brand new ROLEX Daytona (116520). By being able to afford it, I'm talking about selling off 4-5 watches.

If you are free, share your thoughts with me.

Thank you
                      Apr Fool joke??

anyway, dat's what I have been doing... sold off my Ball & IWC to get a Sub.. then few mths later, sold off the Sub & changed to Sub C.. also sold off my Exp 2 & changed to Daytona... of cuz all had to top up cash...
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                      BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                      Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                      Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                      BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                      IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                      Rolex Explorer II D series
                      Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                      Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                      AP????

In the meantime:
                      Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Sell. No point keeping all the watches when you don't wear them enough.

Also, if anything happens to you (touch wood) in the near future, at least you would have owned that one watch you coveted in your life... carpe diem!

Comment

Sell a few watches to buy one, is fine.

To keep only one watch, won't work for you, especially when the one watch is a Daytona. You would be wearing the watch very carefully so it won't be your go-everywhere watch. You need at least another watch like a Seiko or something (so you could keep the one that you currently have).

Because watches are like potato chips...
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                            1st of all what watch you intend to sell?
                            Some brands like omega, tudor, seiko and others. May be a ROLEX too.

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                            Well I thought this is what a hobby should be all about ... buying and selling as your taste will change as time go by
                            Originally posted by kt Lim View Post
                            Bro,

This won't do...once a watch lover always a watch lover...

I can sell all my Rolex to fund a daytona but will I regret??? 100% YES... So I decide to go for the long way...save slowly...ultimately tat day will come and can own every watch...

For me it's good to have more than one... I like e feeling of changing watch every now and then...I am just not a one watch guy...

Daytona...the day will come...

Cheers
                            This hobby will be much easier if I am wealthy enough to indulge but I can't go on forever - buying, selling, regretting now and then. Often I tell myself that each watch I buy is for my next generation but each time I sell it I break a 'promise'. It's not about saving up to get one, but how long to attain each one is an issue. And not to forget, watch prices appreciate every year . For example I want an AP "bumblebee" and can only afford it by saving hard for three long years then how?

Originally posted by Ken3 View Post
                            Apr Fool joke??

anyway, dat's what I have been doing... sold off my Ball & IWC to get a Sub.. then few mths later, sold off the Sub & changed to Sub C.. also sold off my Exp 2 & changed to Daytona... of cuz all had to top up cash...
                            You see, you see?! That's the problem and I want to stop all these. I still love watches but I can't seem to feel 'absorbed' to one if I have too many. Then I'll just feel like selling it and move to another. And it's not like I don't lose money for each buy-sell-buy again cycle.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks also to those who have shared . I wonder if getting a Daytona from any local AD at list price and to pay by interest-free instalment is possible? If possible I can then sell off my watches slowly. If not, I'll probably do a "group trade"?
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X