Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koala10 View Post
    pawnshop pay bad price for this really wonderful watch. But I paiseh to sell it back to my AD cos I have exchange the watch 3 times (fm ladies size to mid size to men size) within a month before I finally bought this watch. My point is not all preowned watches are bad luck or beaten up. Some are fantastic and money worth.
    bro mind sharing how much u bought the watch then how much u sell to money max?

Comment

• Brand new if it celebrates an occasion or a memory, otherwise pre-owned.

Comment

• If going with pre owned and with RSC not providing verification service. Which other recommended place can we visit for verification? Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnytanki View Post
          If going with pre owned and with RSC not providing verification service. Which other recommended place can we visit for verification? Thx
          There's plenty of info here where you can seek this service - Top Hour (lucky plaza), JW Watch (int'l plaza), Chuan Watch (not sure but they may be able to help), etc.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Pre owned. More value

Comment

• Any recommended place to get a sub?

Comment

• Originally posted by dermarco View Post
                Any recommended place to get a sub?
                Check the sales thread here?
                If you wanna get it from a store, there are many reputable ones in Singapore.

Here are some of them:
                Chuan watches
                JW Horological
                HJ watch
                Koh Watches Enterprises

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Brand new or pre-owned?

If pre-owned (anything) give me a great saving then I am ok. Else of is only a few hundreds in saving, I will buy a new one.

Comment

• Personally I prefer a pre owned better than a brand new.

Comment

• If the preowned watch condition is good, I will buy it. But for those watches that have no preowned pieces, then it's no choice that I will them new.

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
                        Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
                        I do think the history of the watch is an important factor in the purchasing decision. The number of owners prior also matter, coupled with whether it has ever gone under servicing and any tweaks.

At this point in my life I think a pre-owned fits snugly in my budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
                          Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
                          I buy preowned,new old stock, and brand new. Nothing particular, as long as it meets my budget .

Comment

• Pre-owned is definitely the way to go if you are considering keeping and wearing the timepiece. Retail prices almost always cause you to lose out in the long run unless its a limited edition.

Comment

• I do consider pre-owned for the 99% of the time, unless the difference between the new and the used is very little; in that case I go for a new.

Comment

• I got my pre owned datejust 36 from moneymax two weeks ago. Excellent service staff and watch come with beautiful serial number ##1688!! Huat ah!! I realised since day 1 wearing it, there's some improvement at work. maybe it is just coincidental??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X