No announcement yet.

Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question has been hindered me from getting a pre-owned from shop, in the event of getting a non authentic watch from them, will they honour our claim?
    Working hard for a GMT II this year

Comment

• Originally posted by rex07 View Post
      This question has been hindered me from getting a pre-owned from shop, in the event of getting a non authentic watch from them, will they honour our claim?
      Normally, these shops would honor as long as you put this down in black-and-white, or at least, inform the seller your intentions. But to be fair, don't drag your authentication too long otherwise things may get unnecessarily ugly.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Normally, these shops would honor as long as you put this down in black-and-white, or at least, inform the seller your intentions. But to be fair, don't drag your authentication too long otherwise things may get unnecessarily ugly.
        That what some shop I visited in chinatown told me.

Comment

• Imho, this thread should be stickied

Comment

• If the pre-owned watch condition is good and come with full package (including box, cert etc) and price quote is within my budget. I will get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkimplicates View Post

and people who buy used rolex online will usually meet the seller at Rolex Service Center to authenticate first, once authentication done then pay money. Unless you buying from any watch shop , no one is stupid enough to do that.
              How does this works? Do u collect the $100 in adv? In case the buyer back out after verification ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hiton View Post
                How does this works? Do u collect the $100 in adv? In case the buyer back out after verification ?
                No hard-and-fast-rule. It depends how much the seller trusts the buyer and vice versa. Anyway, the payment would only be collected after verification and the buyer (in seller's presence) would usually make the $100 payment and thereafter, deal with the seller outside of the premises. No point saying this now also; RSC has ceased verification service.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Exactly the same answer as pegasi

Comment

• More value for money if it's pre-owned. Usually fully depreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by catjedi View Post
                      More value for money if it's pre-owned. Usually fully depreciated.
                      Well, there's some truth to your statement since most pre-owned Rolex watches, especially gold/gemstones ones have an estimated depreciation value of 30% from their original brand new(1st hand) selling prices

Rolex owner since 2010
                      Previously owned:
                      Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                      GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                      Current collection:
                      Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                      GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                      Upcoming/Wishlist:
                      "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

• Newbie here...

Have seen alot of discussion on new or pre-owned...

I plan to get my first Rolex and have narrow down to either a brand new Air King or pre-owned Submariner due to budget...

So what the gurus here think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ed44 View Post
                          Newbie here...

I plan to get my first Rolex and have narrow down to either a brand new Air King or pre-owned Submariner due to budget...

A pre-owned Submariner
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• It really depends if you choose to flip your watch soon enough. If it has sentimental value - etc your first pay hike or promotion which you want to reward yourself and never intend to sell - go for brand new.

Comment

• Originally posted by ed44 View Post
                              Newbie here...

Submariner.

Comment

• Thanks for the comment.

Just deposit for a Air King with AD.

Got to say, i like it more when i see the actual watch!

It will be my first Rolex, so just wanna enjoy the brand new feeling, at quite a good price!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X