Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vRICKEDKEN View Post
    I'm considering buying a pre owned Rolex from a shop here.
    But shop owner mentioned that the watch doesn't come with box and papers.
    Do u think I shld reconsider my options?
    Well, this is a subjective matter; personal choice. Some people do not mind whether a watch comes with box and/or paper, while some can't do without. Of course, the price should vary appropriately between the two. See which you can accept better.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• if the watch you are buying does not come with box and papers, {does not matter if the watch you are buying from a shop here (reference to the advertisers banner @ the top?) or private seller}, if you don't feel comfortable, you got two options

1) have the watch authenticated @ RSC or any third party watch technician you trust.
      2) continue to look for a watch that comes with box and papers if both items are important to you.

Originally posted by vRICKEDKEN View Post
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by vRICKEDKEN View Post
        i went to pawn shop for a look b4,realize many of them doesn't come with paper & box.When i asking d price tag isit come with box & paper,d salesperson hmmm look at me said if this come with box & paper won't be this cheap price.I rmb i saw d subC 2013 tag as 9100!
        for me,Take 3 reputation watch shops to compare,& just go for d most comfortable 1 will do.
        Owned
        Seiko The Great Blue Chrono
        Rolex DateJust
        Rolex 116710LN G,AN
        Rolex 16710BLRO
        Rolex 116710 BLNR
        Rolex 14060
        Rolex 14060m
        Rolex 16610LN
        Rolex 116610LV
        Rolex 16610LV
        Rolex DSSD 116660
        IWC 3777 schaff chronograph
        Tag Heuer Carrera M.wind
        Montblanc Timewalker
        Bell & Ross BR01
        Invicta black chronograph
        Deutsche Master m.winding
        Pam233
        Pam104
        Pam359
        Pam372
        Pam024N
        Pam632s
        Mido GMT baroncelli
        Omega speedmaster ck2998
        Gshock Alti-Thermo
        Gshock G'Mix
        Gshock Gw9400BJ

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
          Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
          New for those who will not change their watch and pre-owned for people who loves watch as market value will not drop much.

Comment

• Depends on watch as some are out of production then no choice but used. Else buy new when I can.

Comment

• Frankly, whether it's brand new or pre-owned,as long as I like it, it's authentic, and matches my budget, I would get it.

Comment

• New only. unless it is limited or special preown.

Comment

• I think shld be asking grey market or AD. Personally I feel grey market is the same. As long as it's new pieces.

Comment

• Personally i feel 2nd hand is good enuf...easily 2 to 3k cheaper looks almost new

Comment

• as long as verification is possible then the discount against a new one may be worth it.

Comment

• No harm in buying used watch if authentic and good condition

Comment

• preowned all the way cos I am not rich enough to buy new. I did sell my rolex to pawn shop before cos I want to quickly change to another rolex as the design do not suit me and am lazy to toggle with formers for pricing, timing and meeting location. Therefore I have no qualms buying from pawnshop too especially moneymax cos they really have watch experts scritinising your watches for authenticity and conditions.

Comment

• by the way the watch that I sold to Moneymax was in perfect condition as I took really good care of it. I do miss it at times, but I want another design and have found it here in this forum, need $ instantly that's why sold to pawnshop so that I could have my grail the next day.

Comment

• pawnshop pay bad price for this really wonderful watch. But I paiseh to sell it back to my AD cos I have exchange the watch 3 times (fm ladies size to mid size to men size) within a month before I finally bought this watch. My point is not all preowned watches are bad luck or beaten up. Some are fantastic and money worth.

Comment

• For me i think about the resale value more so i have no problems wearing 2nd hand.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X