Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icequeenn View Post
    What do you think of a pre-owned Rolex as investment? like 116000 or 116200. If I sell it years later when in need of cash, can get at least same value?
    at least 8k there about? depends on whether still under warranty.

Comment

• buying preowned helps minimise your losses when you finally decide to sell the piece off

Comment

• pre owned. new rolex is excessively overpriced! it's ridiculous! there's also history behind the old watches, they have gone through times and this makes them unique.

Comment

• I think it boils down to the significance of the watch.

To me, that first piece must be new and will stay with me for as long as can be or even pass down the generations.

The rest will most likely be pre owned to make inventory fresh

Comment

• That's the question I ask myself if & when I want to get my 1st rolex... Pre-owned ones are much cheaper but not sure about history of the watch like what many say. How about the risk of the parts being changed out. How to tell?

Comment

• Originally posted by karu View Post
              That's the question I ask myself if & when I want to get my 1st rolex... Pre-owned ones are much cheaper but not sure about history of the watch like what many say. How about the risk of the parts being changed out. How to tell?

Seasoned watch enthusiast and collectors who like to play with watches usually go for 2nd hand one. Example a submariner HULK will cost $9000 2nd hand. 1 month, 1 year or 5 year later, you can still sell them at $9000 (maybe more or little bit less) .

If you buy brand new at $13,000 , you are already loosing $4000 the moment you leave the boutique, that unless youre a one watch guy who will buy to wear forever or unless you are uber rich.

If you need to know the history of the watch, just google it LOL

and people who buy used rolex online will usually meet the seller at Rolex Service Center to authenticate first, once authentication done then pay money. Unless you buying from any watch shop , no one is stupid enough to do that.

Comment

• "If you need to know the history of the watch, just google it LOL"

You serious.. how do I google to find out the history of the watch
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• pre-owned if good condition and right price

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewong View Post
                    pre-owned if good condition and right price
                    same

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
                      Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
                      rolex is indestructible. pre owned are almost as good as news less the daily scratches dings dents etc. mechanism is robust

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just wondering if a vintage omega geneve automatic is worth considering.

Comment

• I think it's mainly your own preference, if u think worthy then go for it

Comment

• Unless you are unable to pass your obstacle of buying a pre owned, pre owned.

Comment

• But the preowned prices that some of you are quoting are really good which I cannot find at any brick and mortar shops. Are you guys quoting online prices?

As to the question I feel that as long as the condition is not too bad, preowned can be considered as you don't lose too much when flipping.

Comment

• I'm considering buying a pre owned Rolex from a shop here.
                                But shop owner mentioned that the watch doesn't come with box and papers.
                                Do u think I shld reconsider my options?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X