~~Mont Blanc Fan Club~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~Mont Blanc Fan Club~~

Been thinking about getting this for quite some time already...Really love their pens. Was thinking of taking part of my watch fund to get this,I intend to reward myself with a nice watch and pen. So...any nice models to recommend or places to get from?

Budget say...less than $700 I won't stretch till 700 unless it's the diamond model though. Haha...

I am looking at ballpoint or rollerballs...

I am looking at say Meisterstruck or the diamond anniversary model if i can find though. But any recommendations? Other than these 2

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Been thinking about getting this for quite some time already...Really love their pens. Was thinking of taking part of my watch fund to get this,I intend to reward myself with a nice watch and pen. So...any nice models to recommend or places to get from?

Budget say...less than $700 I won't stretch till 700 unless it's the diamond model though. Haha...

I am looking at ballpoint or rollerballs...

I am looking at say Meisterstruck or the diamond anniversary model if i can find though. But any recommendations? Other than these 2
    get their star walker range..modern, good weight and feel...Meisterstruck is very common and the prices have increased over 100% over the years...

roller ball uses ink and it dries up pretty fast compared to ball point. refill is not cheap (should be $15 and above). for ball point, you only need to change the refill 2-3 years depending on usage. roller ball gives you smoother strokes (easier to write) compared to ball point. if i'm not mistaken, their rollerball comes with detachable pen cap but not the ball point (ball point, you've to twist and turn to get the nib out).

cheers
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974
      get their star walker range..modern, good weight and feel...Meisterstruck is very common and the prices have increased over 100% over the years...

roller ball uses ink and it dries up pretty fast compared to ball point. refill is not cheap (should be $15 and above). for ball point, you only need to change the refill 2-3 years depending on usage. roller ball gives you smoother strokes (easier to write) compared to ball point. if i'm not mistaken, their rollerball comes with detachable pen cap but not the ball point (ball point, you've to twist and turn to get the nib out).

p/s: i used to work in Montblanc..hahaaa...i got all my MB stuff at staff disc (40-50%)...

cheers
      Gd to hear from the pro himself...tks!! I agree with you Meisterstruck quite common.

Starwalker..ok will take a look at that. But I think ur simple intro about roller ball and ball point helped alot I think I must go down and feel the diff between the rollerball and ball point. I am alright with detachable or not...doesnt really matter.

But would you recommend ballpoint or rollerball? Just want to hear ur opinion

Comment

im using the starwalker black resin.

if u r using the ballpt, it will be the twist n turn where the nib comes out for u to write on. it definitely lasts longer than rollerball or fineliner.

for the pens using rollerball, u can use the fineliner as well. refills cost $10 each at the mont blanc boutiques. i use it often, every 6 mths i'll have to change it.so far used 4 refills.

personally, fineliner is even smoother but doesn't last as long as the rollerball.

they've a new starwalker is blue in colour. u may wanna check out dunhill pens as well. quite well made and the price is about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
          im using the starwalker black resin.

if u r using the ballpt, it will be the twist n turn where the nib comes out for u to write on. it definitely lasts longer than rollerball or fineliner.

for the pens using rollerball, u can use the fineliner as well. refills cost $10 each at the mont blanc boutiques. i use it often, every 6 mths i'll have to change it.so far used 4 refills.

personally, fineliner is even smoother but doesn't last as long as the rollerball.

they've a new starwalker is blue in colour. u may wanna check out dunhill pens as well. quite well made and the price is about the same.
          Don't really fancy Dunhill though...since MB is so popular...I would also want to join in the crowd..hehe. But I really love that MB star...very nice,so wont really want to try others yet. I used Waterman and Sheaffer,not bad and they offer lifetime warrenty at least la...hahah..MB only 2 yrs But for the love of the pen dun really care much

Comment

Currently, i own 2 MB pens. a ball point and a roller ball.

Ident. No. 08579
            Ballpoint pen with twist mechanism, special design features Montblanc star logo engraved on black precious resin, platinum-plated cap inlaid with Montblanc white star, platinum-plated clip and rings.

Ident. No. 05098
            Rollerball, barrel and cap made of black precious resin inlaid with Montblanc white star, platinum-plated rings and clip set with an onyx gemstone.

Do hv a dunhill, but MB more classic i feel.

Like any branded stuff, i do hv my fair share of ppl asking........"is this genuine?"
            Last edited by rogersk8ter; 07-02-08, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post

Like any branded stuff, i do hv my fair share of ppl asking........"is this genuine?"

so far no one asked me yet whether my pen is genuine.

mayb they assumed its fake straight away

Comment

Ident. No. 08579
                Ballpoint pen with twist mechanism, special design features Montblanc star logo engraved on black precious resin, platinum-plated cap inlaid with Montblanc white star, platinum-plated clip and rings.

Ident. No. 05098
                Rollerball, barrel and cap made of black precious resin inlaid with Montblanc white star, platinum-plated rings and clip set with an onyx gemstone.

actually i used to work for MB so it's not diff to point out if the pen is genuine.

here're 2 ways for example:

1. the pen clip should be a one piece item. meaning, if you unscrew the top part of the pen (the snowflake logo..i'm referring to the common Mei series), you can remove the entire pen clip. For fakes, once you remove the snowflake top, vertical clip will still be there because it's fixed to a slot on the pen.

2. there's serial number on the pen clip but not on the fake one.

whether or not it's rollerball or ballpoint...it's up to you and your budget...but i think most will prefer rollerball cos it's smoother...

cheers

james
                Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 07-02-08, 08:38 PM.

Current collection
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Ident. No. 08579

Ident. No. 05098

i own and love Dunhill cufflinks.....very nice! the brand may sound "old" but their design is very modern and classic...

Current collection
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV

Comment

side track. how about dupount pens?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      good pen as well...equal standing/prestige as dunhill and caran d'ache...

no clue how to distinguish real/fake dupoint/dunhill writing instruments though...

Current collection
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
                        so far no one asked me yet whether my pen is genuine.

mayb they assumed its fake straight away

Ident. No. 08579

Ident. No. 05098

Aiyah happens everytime 1 la...as long as it's branded ppl will be suspicious dun really care bout such ppl

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

whether or not it's rollerball or ballpoint...it's up to you and your budget...but i think most will prefer rollerball cos it's smoother...

cheers

james
                          Hmm...the price very big diff meh?

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            Quite a gd pen,not that cheap also...

Comment

Should get the starwalker 100 year anniversary diamond! Just the diamond already worth a couple hundred dollars. Last check at NAC MB boutique, only 1 ballpen left, SG700.
                              Rolex Explorer II Black

Ball Fireman Skylab II L.E.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X