Don't understand Panerai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2277 View Post
    the 57 seems to be rather elusive for the moment... but yea, it's beautiful.

oorrh... so "cheem" one... u lawyer ah?
    The watch is so rare... buey tahan just by thinking about it. Gone are the days when one could be had for under S$10k.

No lah, I not in law profession one. England so broken... used to be in IT, but now full time holidayer... lol... before I find my next job.
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Aiya - forgot to ask u jus now - how do u like the 118?

I oso quite tempted to get a tobacco dial with ti-case after seeing those pictures posted by Ender...
      Really ah? My suggestion is to BUY IT! The brown dial complements the greyish Ti case very well. and that stark contrast between the black hands against the Tobacco brown dial can make u stare at it for minutes. Can't get your eyes off them. However, after wearing the 118 for a while, I can't really seem to get used to wearing my 22B, it feels much heavier on the wrist. The only downside is probably the strap choices for the Tobacco dial PAMs... limited, but there will be one that brings out the beauty of brown to the wearer.

I have an incoming PAM176 also... but I dun think it'll beat the 118. It's a beauty!

So... u getting one for yourself also?
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
        Really ah? My suggestion is to BUY IT! The brown dial complements the greyish Ti case very well. and that stark contrast between the black hands against the Tobacco brown dial can make u stare at it for minutes. Can't get your eyes off them. However, after wearing the 118 for a while, I can't really seem to get used to wearing my 22B, it feels much heavier on the wrist. The only downside is probably the strap choices for the Tobacco dial PAMs... limited, but there will be one that brings out the beauty of brown to the wearer.

I have an incoming PAM176 also... but I dun think it'll beat the 118. It's a beauty!

So... u getting one for yourself also?
        was tempted to pull the trigger on a 61... but took too long to decide... so maybe a 118 when it next comes up for sale.

bro, you steady leh. black dial base ti to match your tobacco dial marina ti. show us some pics la.

Comment

was tempted to pull the trigger on a 61... but took too long to decide... so maybe a 118 when it next comes up for sale.

bro, you steady leh. black dial base ti to match your tobacco dial marina ti. show us some pics la.
          Aiya, maybe a PAM55 would be better? Base ley, more ppl go for base and the value is going up by the minute as we speak. Actually, one of my friends ask me to help him lookout for the 176, but last minute aeroplane the deal... so lanlan lor, have to makan the deal myself.
          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Aiya, maybe a PAM55 would be better? Base ley, more ppl go for base and the value is going up by the minute as we speak. Actually, one of my friends ask me to help him lookout for the 176, but last minute aeroplane the deal... so lanlan lor, have to makan the deal myself.
            55... not bad but quite ex now.

I see. Tough luck. But maybe... the 176 is meant to be yours??

Comment

55... not bad but quite ex now.

I see. Tough luck. But maybe... the 176 is meant to be yours??
              So bro, wat's in your collection so far?

Bopian lor, have to keep my word mah... but might keep the 176 afterall. See how lah. LOL...
              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Bopian lor, have to keep my word mah... but might keep the 176 afterall. See how lah. LOL...
                your friend not steady leh.. next time take money first lah

Quote wrongly haa
                Last edited by denteo; 06-06-08, 04:01 PM.

Comment

114 is my one and only. For now.

Bro, show some pics when the eagle has landed.

Comment

114 is my one and only. For now.

Bro, show some pics when the eagle has landed.
                    114 your only pam so far? No worries bro, from your enthusiastic posts todate, I 'Confirm, Chop + Guarantee' that the 114 will not be your only strap and you will get lots more with zillions of straps to keep them company. Sure one.

Ender
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

• Panerai Mania

In my opinion the increase in prices of panerai watches is largely driven by the fact that "demand" exceeds "supply". The Panerai-mania is a worldwide phenomenon and if you look at the prices bought as sold in the secondary market....no other brand has had the same amount of sucess.

PAM127 (1950) limited edition 2002, sold for about $10,000 when released a few years ago is now trading at about $33,000 to $35,000.

PAM249 California Dial Limited edition 2006 , sold for about $14,000 one year ago is now trading at about $21,000 to $22,000.

PAM194 (2500m) Limited edition 2004 sold for $10,000 two years ago is now trading at $19,000 to $20,000.

PAM93 Titanium Power Reserve out of production sold for $5,500 two years ago is now trading over $10,000.

PAM203 Lumior 1950 (8 days Angelus Movement) Limited edition 2005 issued price of $38,000 now trading at$170,000 in the open market.

PAM225 Luminor Submersible Slytech Limited edition 2005 issued price of $15,000 now trading at $23,000 to 25,000.

Rgds,

SDlover

Comment

• Originally posted by Ender View Post
                        114 your only pam so far? No worries bro, from your enthusiastic posts todate, I 'Confirm, Chop + Guarantee' that the 114 will not be your only strap and you will get lots more with zillions of straps to keep them company. Sure one.

Ender
                        Thanks for your vote of confidence bro. The hunt is on for my holy grail twins. It seems they are disappearing off the shelves even at the extremely high prices. Was at Time Will Tell this afternoon hoping to catch a glimpse of the t-dials 1 and 2 but they're gone already...

Comment

• dun forget...

... the 21 too is a sleeper, or mebbe less so nowadays

regards,
                          inf1d3l

Originally posted by SDlover View Post
                          In my opinion the increase in prices of panerai watches is largely driven by the fact that "demand" exceeds "supply". The Panerai-mania is a worldwide phenomenon and if you look at the prices bought as sold in the secondary market....no other brand has had the same amount of sucess.

PAM127 (1950) limited edition 2002, sold for about $10,000 when released a few years ago is now trading at about $33,000 to $35,000.

PAM249 California Dial Limited edition 2006 , sold for about $14,000 one year ago is now trading at about $21,000 to $22,000.

PAM194 (2500m) Limited edition 2004 sold for $10,000 two years ago is now trading at $19,000 to $20,000.

PAM93 Titanium Power Reserve out of production sold for $5,500 two years ago is now trading over $10,000.

PAM203 Lumior 1950 (8 days Angelus Movement) Limited edition 2005 issued price of $38,000 now trading at$170,000 in the open market.

PAM225 Luminor Submersible Slytech Limited edition 2005 issued price of $15,000 now trading at $23,000 to 25,000.

Rgds,

SDlover

Comment

• Thank you SG-ROC. Because of this webby, I get to know Panerai better. Cheers
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

• thats true....

Originally posted by SDlover View Post

Comment

• i deleted my msg voluntarily since i've touched a bit on homages...
                                anyway pams looked great
                                Last edited by deadbench; 02-09-08, 02:30 AM. Reason: off-topic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X