Don't understand Panerai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
    Well, back then if u'd gone through with the transaction, u'd have committed to a losing transaction, as a preowned 111 could be had for under 5k easily.

But now... I guess if u're interested in PAMs and have the stomach for the price, just close both eyes, buy one, wear for a month... and I'm 70% sure u'll fall in love with it. By then... maybe u can relate to why ppl are willing to buy a watch with a simple design, weird looking crown guard, matched with a US$75 unitas movement.
    And to add on to desto22bt's comprehensive post, I believe Tritium was banned due to radiation of the chemicals from tritium which can cause health hazard to the painters?

Anyway, I still stand firm to my belief that PAM is a great watch no matter what kind of movement they are using. These babies are simply gorgeous and amazing

Comment

Well, back then if u'd gone through with the transaction, u'd have committed to a losing transaction, as a preowned 111 could be had for under 5k easily.

But now... I guess if u're interested in PAMs and have the stomach for the price, just close both eyes, buy one, wear for a month... and I'm 70% sure u'll fall in love with it. By then... maybe u can relate to why ppl are willing to buy a watch with a simple design, weird looking crown guard, matched with a US$75 unitas movement.
      bro..that 111 is a brand new piece..but one thing i dun like is that the fellow seems to be taking me for a ride..500 top up plus my 2 weeks old explorer 2..i would have gone ahead if it was a even trade..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
        bro..that 111 is a brand new piece..but one thing i dun like is that the fellow seems to be taking me for a ride..500 top up plus my 2 weeks old explorer 2..i would have gone ahead if it was a even trade..
        Ahhh.... I see... even so, back then, at most it's a 1-1 swap that I'll agree to.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I for one ordered a strap with off-white slightly brownish stitches to go with the patina of my 22BT.
          Pam22? That has been discont already? Think it's probably one of the most collectible Destros around. IIRC, there's only a total of 1500 pam22s ever produced.

I see your point, and I do agree that there are some Rolex pieces that if I'd bought in 2004/5 (especially the 1655's or 1675's if I'd gotten them), I'd not be likely to sell them. I sold all my contemporary dweller and sub for them Panerai. Not that I'm slamming Rolex here, I mean I'm totally in love with Rolex vintages and the Daytona Patrizzis. And plus the fact that I feel that whenever I think bracelet watches, I think Rolex sports series.... Panerai bracelets just dun cut it for me... they're too loud and feel like handcuffs, only suitable if my wrists are 8 inches and above.
          I think rolex and panerai are completely different fruits altogether... I can't agree more with you that rolex still produces better bracelet watches. panerai's bracelet watches are very heavy and ruggard to a certain extent but it's quite uncomfortable when donned on the wrist...
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Pam

Panerai makes a great daily watch. Looking to get a PAM88 as a daily wear as the Daytona is getting too many scratches.

Has anyone gotten one from the dealers? Safe buy?

Comment

Originally posted by scf118c View Post
              Panerai makes a great daily watch. Looking to get a PAM88 as a daily wear as the Daytona is getting too many scratches.

I recall seeing one in TWT. Collector's Haven have one pc also...

These shops have sold many Pams. Of course, you can still pay $88 and get it authenticated by Panerai Service Centre. But I think it's just wasting time and money

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post

These shops have sold many Pams. Of course, you can still pay $88 and get it authenticated by Panerai Service Centre. But I think it's just wasting time and money
                Great. So I reckon they are reliable sellers. Coz seen some really really good Panerai fakes out there.

Comment

Ahhh.... I see... even so, back then, at most it's a 1-1 swap that I'll agree to.
                  so luckily i did'nt go ahead..sold that explorer 2 and got a 16710...LOL..value increased liao..

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post

Do u guys know how Panerai watches being authenticated by Panerai Service Centre ??? Anyone can shed some light on this issue since Replicas are getting so close to the REAL Thingy these days.
                    the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                      Do u guys know how Panerai watches being authenticated by Panerai Service Centre ??? Anyone can shed some light on this issue since Replicas are getting so close to the REAL Thingy these days.
                      no need. they are reliable

Comment

My 2 babies...Yeap, the PAM22's been discontinued already. And yes, thereabout the numbers of the PAM22. There's still the PAM115, PAM26 PVD, PAM56 Titanium and the PAM123 power reserve destros around. I'd have loved to get myself a PAM219 as a beater at 'BEFORE' prices... but now a bit too late
                        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by scf118c View Post

Just got a PAM90 from William Loi. Check out his latest post on paneristi... IIRC, he's still got 2 pieces of PAM88 if u're interested. I've checked, and it's a safe buy.
                          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Just got a PAM90 from William Loi. Check out his latest post on paneristi... IIRC, he's still got 2 pieces of PAM88 if u're interested. I've checked, and it's a safe buy.
                            I've enquired with William before about 6 weeks ago. PAM 88 was $8200 then. Should have gotten it. Now $9000.

Comment

Well, that's Panerai for u mate, the more u wait, the higher it goes. Close 2 eyes and wack... worst case if really dun like, also won't lose much
                              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

worst case if really dun like, also won't lose much
                                haha... That's really true. So far, all my friends claim that they've never lose any money as a result of buying pams...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X