Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite scary huh....

When I bought my daytona, my dealer offered me a preowned daytona (very new, same series) for $1k less... in the end, I bought the BNIB one (can't pass my mental barrier). So if they are dishonest and have spares, they can put the stickers back to the preowned one????

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Alot of spares

Comment

stickers

huh? got original stickers for sale one meh?

Comment

spares what? darkie.... spare stickers?

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Alot of spares

Comment

I dont think the practise is unique to Singapore. When my friend bought the 16710 for me in US, the AD insisted that my name must be on the warranty card. I guess its a recommended practise but some ADs are not enforcing it.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          yeah i heard Singapore is the only country where the AD wants to stamp your name to the card, unlike other countries where they don care...

i suspect is only for tourist they will don care stamp your card or not. If local, they will enforce the stamping rul keke..

which AD huh? Local ah so good?
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

here in oz, we have 2 AD. one enforce, the other doesnt. ymmv
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              there is a conspiracy theory about why some AD dont date and name the warranty papers/card.

assume that i buy this watch from Z AD, no date no name @ Y price. i wear the watch for like 4 months. send it for polishing and sell it back to Z AD @ Y-depreciation value. Z AD sells the watch to another customer. but on invoice just state 1 watch with price.

this is because no one will suspect that AD selling preown watches right? so that is why some AD insist on dating and/or naming the warranty card/papers.
              this theory sounds really scary...

i recall trying to persuade my regular SE not to stamp or write my name on the wty card but no avail. policy simply cannot be compromised.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

so u should be happy that at least ur AD insist.

personally i feel that date is a must. cause the watch manufacturer can still trace when a particular serial numbered watch is produced. they would also know which watch went to which country and which AD. so if a watch is produced in 2006 and the watch is brought in to service centre indicating that is bought yesterday. yes there is the possiblity that it is a NOS. but cannot be happening too often. if it happens too often then something is not right if it is a AD.

anyway im sure that watch brand will stand by their products and they warranty only movements and not wear and tear. so chances is that a watch will have movement problem after 3 years is not very likely.

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                this theory sounds really scary...

i recall trying to persuade my regular SE not to stamp or write my name on the wty card but no avail. policy simply cannot be compromised.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Just tell the AD that watch is a gift to someone, ask them not to stamp the date and name loh..

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                  SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Tried but cannot....

They will keep the warranty card and ask the person receiving the watch to come and collect later....

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                    Just tell the AD that watch is a gift to someone, ask them not to stamp the date and name loh..

Comment

Then you just walk away loh... You got money and you are the king...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

But that AD offered me the lowest price at that time....

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                        Then you just walk away loh... You got money and you are the king...

Comment

It should be part of deal in future....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            yeah i heard Singapore is the only country where the AD wants to stamp your name to the card, unlike other countries where they don care...

i suspect is only for tourist they will don care stamp your card or not. If local, they will enforce the stamping rul keke..

which AD huh? Local ah so good?
                            US Rolex ADs too. They will fill out the buyer's name and date of purchase....Seen some Singapore grey dealers selling rolex they get from across the street but when it's sold to a customer they stamp the card..Heard from them if Rolex knows an AD doing blanks, the dealer will be stripped of being as an AD.

Comment

Why other countries can? Why Singapore or USA can't

Those ADs must stamp or endorsed the warranty card have no choice, the local Rolex Agent put a clause that the AD must stump it.... or else dealership cancel... a way to control the ADs so to minimise cheating...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by superformance View Post
                                US Rolex ADs too. They will fill out the buyer's name and date of purchase....Seen some Singapore grey dealers selling rolex they get from across the street but when it's sold to a customer they stamp the card..Heard from them if Rolex knows an AD doing blanks, the dealer will be stripped of being as an AD.
                                Yeap...they will be stripped off as AD. That's why usually only the very very important customers then maybe will have such priviliges

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X