Advisory : Undated & Unnamed Warranty Paper/Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Guarantee Card

I noticed on my guarantee card for the Sub, other than details of the serial and model, it has a N client : 100. Any idea what this means?

Comment

it tells that your watch was sold thru an AD in Deutschland...

Comment

Rolex Warranty Card Enquiry

Bought an M Series watch previously from Germany in 2008
        (Rolex Deutschland GmbH
        Dompropst-Ketzer-Straße 1-9
        50667 Cologne
        Nordrhein-Westfalen
        Germany)

and just realised that my warranty card has no date. Thus may people here help me what is the latest date I can fill in on this card to be practical to send it for servicing in RSC in Singapore .Thanks

Comment

if you sent it in for servicing, dont think they really need your warranty card. unless the watch has mechanical fault.

if you want to fill it in, you can always delay about couple of months after purchase.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi triton , do understand about it however as this was bought from Rolex itself and not from the AD in Germany , thus will like to find out say if am i am able to fill up the Warranty Card up till say June 2009 (not sure if the Rolex in Cologne Germany still keeps the stocks until so long) instead of June 2008. Thanks

Comment

I don't think there's any serious problem with that.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveSG View Post
                Bought an M Series watch previously from Germany in 2008
                (Rolex Deutschland GmbH
                Dompropst-Ketzer-Straße 1-9
                50667 Cologne
                Nordrhein-Westfalen
                Germany)

and just realised that my warranty card has no date. Thus may people here help me what is the latest date I can fill in on this card to be practical to send it for servicing in RSC in Singapore .Thanks
                I would doubt if you would ever need to use your warranty card in the first two years.My experience the warranty is very seldom needed for any watch any brand in the warranty period.If it is its something like very simple regulation which is just a 30 minute job.So don't worry to much about any date on your warranty card just wear your watch in good health thats far more important.

Comment

so will it be a problem for me to send to RSC for service or repairs (just in case) if i buy a pre-owned watch within the warranty period of 2 years but without the warranty card?
                  My Current
                  Rolex TT Sub 16613 Z (traded)
                  Rolex SS Sub LV 16610 V (sold)
                  Rolex oyster 6694 Sg Roc custom dial
                  Rolex SS Daytona Black V (sold)
                  Rolex Datejust 2 166333 V
                  Rolex Explorer 2 White P (traded)
                  Rolex Yachtmaster Z (traded)
                  Rolex Milgauss GV V
                  Pam 114 K

Wife Current
                  Rolex Air King
                  Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
                  Rolex Sub 16619 WG
                  Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

Comment

No, as long as the watch is authentic and original
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      No, as long as the watch is authentic and original
                      But then how do I prove that the watch is still within the warranty period of 2 years?
                      My Current
                      Rolex Milgauss GV V
                      Pam 114 K

Wife Current
                      Rolex Air King
                      Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
                      Rolex Sub 16619 WG
                      Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

Comment

Originally posted by kclee View Post
                        so will it be a problem for me to send to RSC for service or repairs (just in case) if i buy a pre-owned watch within the warranty period of 2 years but without the warranty card?
                        You've stated that you are buying one within the warranty so I assume that you know. Then in the first place, how will you know when you make the purchase? Through the seller's word-of-mouth? If RSC rejects it, then you go back to the seller.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          You've stated that you are buying one within the warranty so I assume that you know. Then in the first place, how will you know when you make the purchase? Through the seller's word-of-mouth? If RSC rejects it, then you go back to the seller.
                          Can I used that overseas tax invoice and the fact the it is a "v" series?
                          My Current
                          Rolex Milgauss GV V
                          Pam 114 K

Wife Current
                          Rolex Air King
                          Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
                          Rolex Sub 16619 WG
                          Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

Comment

In fact when you made the purchase, the AD should have registered it with ROLEX. So, any RSC should have record of your watch.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

how important is the rolex warranty paper/card

continuation from this thread, i like to discuss about the issues of dating and stamping rolex warranty paper and/or card.

one of the questions that has been asked many times by buyers, is the warranty card/paper dated and/or stamped? warranty paper/card must always be stamped regardless if the watch is sold locally or overseas. without the stamp, there is no way to ensure the original source of the watch from a normal buyer's view.

if it is not stamped with an authorized dealer company stamp, can someone manufacture a replica/fake with the serial number matching that of the warranty paper/card and sell the replica/fake as genuine? i leave it to one's imagination.

why some people want to buy a warranty paper/card without the date of purchase? is it because the buyer thinks that after 1-2 years, the buyer can then date it? is it because the buyer feels that if anything happens to the watch, then date the warranty card and/or and claim warranty? manufacturer will keep track when a particular is produced, which country is sent to, which company is holding the particular watch.

warranty only covers things like watch movement, case and/or parts defect. it will never cover wear and tear, so if the watch happens to have a movement issue says 2 years after being bought and buyer dates the current date, there will be tell tale signs a experienced watch technician can see. so there is no point is 'post date' the warranty card/paper to much later date.

if there is a case and/or parts defect, would the buyer not spotted it when first purchase the watch? any external 'damage' can be seen quite easily with naked eye or by feel with hand or other means.

as such the rolex warranty paper must be at least have the authorized dealer stamped on it. as to whether to include the date on it, i leave it to individual to decide.

some buyers do not mind buying a watch without warranty/paper. however, i feel that a watch is just like a human, must a unique identifier, may it be DNA, NRIC number, social security number, passport number, etc.

i have noticed that all rolex watches sent in for service will have a picture of the watch taken, details of the watch written down and input into a database. why is RSC (Singapore) doing this? are they building up a database? will Rolex one day also include movement number in the warranty card and database?

i have posted some interesting rolex warranty papers in the relevant section. this include one with SAF stamp on the warranty paper, another one with rolex singapore stamp on it. these are interesting warranty paper in my perspective because one can tell where this watch was originally sold.

a watch with history is something worth remembering.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I just agreed to sell a vintage with box and paper to a good friend and kept the ones without. Think he shares your view.

For me paper and box are bonus but I don't wear them....so beyond a certain premium, I don't need them.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X