Advisory : Protect Rolex from Scratches & How to Remove Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Fully agree with Watcha. As much as possible avoid polishing a watch.

I might be bias but I think this community needs advice like this, and the right influence on the "correct" way to appreciate and maintain watches. Not telling people to use autosol to polish his few thousand dollars watch. Not telling people to never service a watch until it's broken. I use " " on the word correct because I know different people have different views of a "nice watch" (I have read that someone sent his few months old watch for a full polishing), but any serious collector would tell you an original unpolished vintage with slight cosmetic imperfections is much more valuable then a polished piece.

I am not saying polishing a watch is wrong so don't flame me and go ahead to polish your watch if it makes you happier.
    Well said. But for TS, gmt2c polished links is impossible to maintain scratchess, eventhough it is no where near vintage, I still would recommend what pegasi has said, don't polish your watch. But it depends on TS preference. Just my two cents worth.
    Next suggestion please.

Comment

• I wonder why Rolex leaves scratches so easily. Some diver watches dun seem to have this problem like Sinn and UTS. Sigh

Comment

• when new sure saying one ....after a while all the same with new car.... new gals :P

Comment

• b more careful , or if being scratch, just go for polish that wont cost u more than 150

Comment

• as much as i hate the scratches on my watch but it kinda act character to it. . . just wear it with good health.

lol.
            Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
            Tag Heuer Formula 1
            Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
            Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
            Rolex GMT II 16710
            Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

• I will use my watch happily for 5 years or more with scratches then send in SRC for servicing and polishing. It will be like new again.

Comment

• IMO there is no running away from scratches on the bracelet and case. However, do consider putting on a nato nylon or leather strap. It will preserve your bracelet at least. In the case of the vintage Rolex, you can also preserve the serial and model number engravings on the case. The latter is usually damaged by contact with the end links.

Comment

• I spend my hard earn money for "Happy" NOT "Worry".

Wearing conditional scratches and daily wear and tear should acceptable and unavoidable.

If you are too worry about scratches, the only way is to buy two.

One for wearing and the other for viewing.

;;;;;;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;; ;;;;;; ;;;;;;

Comment

• hah! like spending 10K over on a bicycle and jus hang it on the wall to admire cos too saying to bash it :P

Comment

• I believe first scratch is most painful...but as others say, it's your watch, don't baby it just for the next owner

Comment

• dont think is avoidable

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmerit5 View Post
                          IMO there is no running away from scratches on the bracelet and case. However, do consider putting on a nato nylon or leather strap. It will preserve your bracelet at least. In the case of the vintage Rolex, you can also preserve the serial and model number engravings on the case. The latter is usually damaged by contact with the end links.
                          Actually preserve bracelet for what?
                          Unless you truly prefer it on a strap.
                          Then thats not preserving the bracelet, thats a conscious choice to wear a strap.

Original Endlinks 100% do not damage model serial engravings.

On the contrary wearing a thick strap which rubs the case defaces the serial engraving .
                          That is why Rolexes in the past were all issued with flat straps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuaba View Post
                            Actually preserve bracelet for what?
                            Unless you truly prefer it on a strap.
                            Then thats not preserving the bracelet, thats a conscious choice to wear a strap.

Original Endlinks 100% do not damage model serial engravings.

On the contrary wearing a thick strap which rubs the case defaces the serial engraving .
                            That is why Rolexes in the past were all issued with flat straps.

Very very experienced bro cuaba =Salute=

Comment

• Actually, i feel there will be a market if someone sell plastic film like those use on phone onto the watches. Should have market values . if they sell , i will buy it

Comment

• Well the think is that man wants to see sapphire CRYSTAL clear glass not the foil, and not to mention it is on the phone much more to avoid finger prints than scratches.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X